Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Bastard
This will mainly be our OOC for between games, but I will give you your intros here, so you are ready come game time.

INTRO FOR JACK WIRED (AKU)
[ Spoiler ]

INTRO FOR RASCAL (KACKLING KACTUAR)
[ Spoiler ]

INTRO FOR DIGITAL-KITSUNE (FOXX)
[ Spoiler ]
Aku
FYI just talked to him on yahoo, and da bastard's running late...
scoundrel
Eh?
Foxx
How late is he going to be?
Aku
he didnt particularly say...

apparently his GF's ride home bailed on her, and he, doing the BF thing to do, went and saved her...

edit if you want to get ahold of me...

[ Spoiler ]
scoundrel
I just talked to Bastard, and he's looking for someone to rotate GMing duty with him. The two games won't be run simultaneously - once one run/campaign under one GM wraps up, the other begins, and so on. I might be up to the task, but it'll depend on whether or not you guys are interested. So what do you say? Second game: yes/no?

Or do any of you want to step up to the plate instead? smile.gif
Foxx
I don't have a problem with it.
Aku
i might be able to do it too, though i'll let Bastard aid in that, as he's in my current pbp game, and I think it's going kind of weakly, but then, i'm always hyper crticial of my own works lol
scoundrel
Kick ass.

Okay, so what do we know about the job so far? IIRC, the Omega is a DNI-Accelerator whipped up by a bunch of college kids, and the project is sponsored by a corporation called Tomorrow. Is there anything else that you guys found out?
Aku
That, plus it supposedly (as its name implies) speeds up the nueral connection to the deck. The corps are claiming that it's been burning up the decks, but that doesnt seem right to me, if anything, i'd imagine (both IC and oocly) that it's prolly frying the decker's themselves, but since those are an expendable resource, the corp doesn't really care about them.
Foxx
Thats what the purpose of the DNI-A, to speed of connection time on the matrix. I've pretty much learn the same thing from tripping through the matrix, but thing I know for sure that the 'runner deckers they have been using have all suffered some serious dump-shock with using the DNI-A. They are two months behind getting it up to speed as well. So it looks like a beta prototype they haven't perfected yet.

No location on where they are storing the Omega-prototype, no lists of people working on the prototype other then a 'bunch of college kids', and no lists on the deckers who got dumped. Thats all DK has learned
Bastard
Next weekend? If you all want to run this weekend, I can only do it Sunday late afternoon, if at all.
Aku
so whats the plan for this weekend?
Bastard
So far I have Aku and Foxx for Sunday at 1500 Pac Time. Aku-that is 6 pm your time.

Scoundral/KK-what say you?
Aku
6pm my time sunday, gotcha
scoundrel
I'm cool with that.
Aku
I dont think Bastard was expecting us to go in like that this session lol...
Bastard
It worked...gave me insight to characters personalities so I can write the next mission accordingly
Aku
Why do i get the feeling that involves jack and a hooker??...

I'm Scured!
Bastard
Im working on the next mission already, one to fit your teams skills more. Tell me how things are going, if we need more combat or what. I put less legwork in this time, since that really slows things down. You can still do some if you want background information, but nothing is needed.

I will have an ending and karma for you all later this week.
Aku
Ya know, it really ticks me off that that one drone is tracked indifferent.gif i guess i should learn to read smile.gif
Bastard
Nothin wrong with a tracked drone.

So for the next mission I think I will divide it up into sections. This is just an idea, but I think this will work better. What do you all think? This is just a rough draft of an idea, but I think it will help
[ Spoiler ]

The times vary, hopefully to cover any extra role playing and the fact that you guys will go the complete opposite way I have planned for. biggrin.gif

Also please PM me with what you thought of the first run. I would like to know what you liked, and disliked, and where I could improve the game for you, and for the team. Its my first time running a game in this format, and I would like to make it the best experience for the players. Also, I want your characters to develope quickly, so the missions can become more difficult. However, I dont want to give too much. About how much Karma are you expecting per run (like 5-8 or 20-30-yeah right). PM me that as well. As soon as I get a reply from everyone I will award karma and finish the set up for the next run.
Aku
ok, if i'm reading that correctly, we're each going to have some sort of different objective that we should be able to handle individually, correct? that seems cool, i'm not sure how well it will work in practice, but we'll see.
Bastard
Well I may be able to do more than one thing at once...but thats how it broke down, of course you all might do something completely different. So it may not even follow that outline-It is just an idea.
Aku
next game time?
Bastard
Doesnt look like there will be one...unless you and DK want to go alone...No one responded to my new recruitment thread. Scoundral dropped due to work...but I have the next mission almost ready.
Bastard
I have pmed you karma, I have a second mission ready, but I will be internetless for a week or so. Post or pm if you want to continue as a two man operation.
Aku
hmm, i can, but i think i'm starting my own campaign on openRPG on sunday's now heh... indifferent.gif
Foxx
Personally, I wouldn't mind continueing the game. I suppose we could wing it till we get some more bodies.
Aku
any chance of changing days though? i dont really want try pulling playing and GM'ing a game at the same time deal lol
Bastard
Sorry for the long delays...again...my computer is hurting, my brakes went out on the Chevy, the Ford wont start, and my bank card was "comprimised" so they say-aka no atm access till my new card comes.

Tonight I should reformat my computer, then I might be able to reset my internet account tomorrow or Friday. Then I shall catch up...I hope.

I can work the days around you guys...thats no problem, especially if we are down to two.
Bastard
Its....ALIVE!!! From the ashes of despair, my computer rises again, in a fury of fire, like the reborn pheonix, to post once again upon the forums of dumpshock!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012