Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment : Stardust
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
FrostyNSO
Ok, here we go:

"No, I don't know where Kote went, when's the last time you saw her? No kidding? That was almost two weeks ago. She told me she was going to be catching some band down at the Jackal's Lantern, that was last Thursday. Probably she just hooked up with some guy, crashing at his place, slumming it for a bit, you know like she does. Don't think so huh? I know a guy who knows some guys, maybe I'll ask around. Relax man, I'm sure it's nothing."

I'm looking for 3 to 5 good runners who are looking to get involved in what could blossom into a campaign in the future. Good roleplaying is a must and a well thought-out background will get you in the door for sure. I'm looking for investigative types, mages, adepts, faces, and a tough guy or two.

Here are the guidelines:

Priority System or Build Points

-build points = 123
-max availability/ratings = 6/6
-Race = Any except drake/shapeshifter
-Magic = No initiation at Chargen
-Attributes = 30 points max (60 bp) barring edges
-Skills = 60 points max
-Resources = Try to keep it reasonable
-Edges/Flaws/Surge = case-by-case

-Bio must at least consist of answering the twenty questions in a manner that is complete, with all answers making sense in the context of one another and with the actual build of the character.

-An exceptional Bio may earn the character 10 additional karma or nuyen.gif 20,000 to be applied after finalization and before play begins.

-Good roleplaying and participation may earn the character karma rewards during play, and may reasonably be spent during play.

So hopefully I'll get some players here....

edit: Oh BTW, there won't be much activity on Wednesdays or Thursdays...running this from work.
Qillin
I got Jack and Troll adept.
He can fight unarmed/with a blunt instruments/ or really deadly with a knife.
He is proficient with a few types of guns” more then you would think"
He adept power help he move faster and hit harder " Qck and Str"
And for a big guy he can be quite stealthy

OK bio

He grow up on the streets of Polliup (misspelled I know)
Learning magic from his mother who’s a full mage and how to use fight from his father a bouncer. (Both trolls) as a young troll he started hanging with the wrong people and got himself into a gang, this is where he improved most of his skills and learned to use a few more guns. Through the gang he learned of the shadow runners and slowly left the gang to get into shadow running. Jack is 28 and is looking for work that will give him fame (with in the shadow runners circle) and wealth.

Will submit a character sheet with the normal 20 questions when requested
HobbeGoblin
Ok i have a couple of concepts that i'd love to play and will post whatever one you may feel is better.

1. Black Ork with a fro, like Samuel Jackson's character in pulp fiction.(obviously a tough)

2. A Rat shaman who's addicted to Bliss.( would love to roleplay the downward spiral)

3. A member of the Cutters gang (Street level face) so-so on this one
FrostyNSO
1 or 2 would be great.

1 sounds as if it could add some good elements. 2 could create a strange sort of alchemy with the run I'm planning ork.gif
Kiedo
I've got a detective character who is just itching to do a run.

[ Spoiler ]
FrostyNSO
Hell Yeeeeah.
Fix me up a sheet (in html format to send to me) or post him up here, and we'll roll from there. I'm diggin' that dude so far.

Great story. Just awesome.
scoundrel
This one sounds like it'll be fun. I have an idea for a young Lone Star homicide cop turned paranormal investigator after a bloody encounter with a cabal of vampires. I'll post up the concept after I've fleshed it out a bit.

When's the deadline for this?
Mister Juan
Here is a very brief summary of what I have in mind: some sort of private eye / surveillance expert (which means quite a handful of electronic related skills), and who packs enough firepower to own her (yes, he would be a she) in a fight. I already had that concept lying around for quite a while, but its nothing concrete. I will work it all up tonight and send the sheet plus bio by PM (or post it under spoilers)

EDIT: I forgot to ask: where is the run / campaign taking place? Seattle I take it?
FrostyNSO
Mister Juan- Be nice to have a chica in the group. I don't know how useful the electronics and stuff will come in (maybe I'll figure something out, they're always those skills you wish someone had when the shite hits the fan).

scoundrel- Concept sounds cool, we'll see how it looks. Deadline will be Monday, or whenever...prolly whenever.

edit: and this happens in Seattle
Kiedo
I'll have to modify the sheet to match your requirements (I built him using 125 points and availability of 8/8, just to name a few things)

Quick question, on revolvers the NSRCG doesn't have actual ammo (just by itself, which I thought was wierd), so I had to buy clips of six since I have to pay for a clip can I count it as a speed loader instead (not that it matters because he has a quickness of 7(by way of edges, so he could load 7 rounds per turn enough for any revolver since they are max 7 rounds). Also how do you feel about custom firearms, I like to customize my character as much as I can so I usually build a gun or two for the right amount of flair. It will be pretty much pistols, probably a burst fire heavy pistol (I just can't resist that 12S before flechette, though I hate flechette and when I run those carrying it get more attention from the star, since it's designed for unarmored targets), and a light pistol (revolver) as an homage to the great detectives before him, because lets face it, the Colt Asp just doesn't cut it, though a .44 mag with a ten inch barrel is a bit excessive (ala Dirty Harry).

Tommorow, when I have some more time and your rulings, I'll get cracking on the sheet and send it your way.

Umm where do I send it, PM me if you don't feel comfortable putting your email on the forum.

Oh and Hobbegoblin is an excellent choice, his characters are fun to read and the only reason I didn't pick him for "Planar Breach" was I had already promised too many of the spots to certain people, and all I needed was a throw down character (or as I refer to him a "first dead guy" character, it's wrong I know) because every good horror story needs a fatality to add just the amount of tension, and I couldn't kill off such an interesting one. And for the record, no I'm not kissing ass just so he'll let me into his new run "Warrior Caste" I have insider info about that one... I just want to help you, the GM pick some winners. And I figured he probably wanted to know why he didn't get in. I almost kind of feel sorry for [censored] since their the throw down (if you want to know who it is I'll tell you and why, just PM me and promise you wont tell them), but now I'm rambling.

Jacob
FrostyNSO
Heh, throw down smile.gif

I'm pretty sure NSRCG has ammo in individual rounds, I use it all the time. Saying it's a speedloader is fine with me though. As for the BF heavy pistol, try to keep it canon (savalette is cool, Viper *ug* not so much, but whatever).

Clear that old light revolver with me first, though i'm sure it will be fine.

If you click my name, you can email the character (the finished html) to me.

I'm holding all characters in consideration at this time. Once I see what we've got, I'm going to pick the ones who would most compliment one another without *too much* redundancy (some is ok).
scoundrel
Nathaniel Trick ("Gnat"):

[ Spoiler ]

A bit light on the details, but I'll get around to rounding off the rough edges with answers to the twenty questions eventually. smile.gif
HobbeGoblin
"Dirty" Ernie

[ Spoiler ]

And Kiedo I just figured you had someone like the concept I submitted already. It's no biggie.
Frater Inominatus
I have a mage P.I. based on Bogart's character in The Maltese Falcon." Interested?
FrostyNSO
I think we're getting stacked on P.I. types.

I feel bad, these are all great characters but I can't pick all of them darnit. cool.gif
Whizbang
Hmm...considering a street doc who runs to help pay the bills... well, there's the barebones concept...now to flesh it out... helps that I just hit the motherload on SR novels... plenty of inspiration smile.gif
FrostyNSO
So far, we have backgrounds and stuff for:

"Dirty" Ernie (Rat Shaman with a drug problem by Hobbegoblin)
Spencer (Big time detective by Kiedo)
Jack Naut (troll adept seeking street cred by Qillin)
Ludmila Soren (Odd-jobber trying to provide for her daughter by Mister Juan)
Nathaniel Trick "Gnat" (long but interesting story by scoundrel).
Razz (ork combat mage by Musashi Forever)

Correct me if I've missed anyone.

I have received sheets from Qillin, Mister Juan, and Musashi Forever.

Also a few "concepts" have been bandied around.

I'm gonna make the final call on Monday night. Of course, I will pick up the characters who I think will mesh best with the story (which i can't give away yet smile.gif ), and with the rest of the team. As said at the beginning, we'll end up with 3 to 5 total.
So far, I like everything I've seen, but I'd like to check out sheets from Hobbe, Kiedo, and scoundrel.

Great ideas everybody!
Frater Inominatus
Here is my background and twenty questions rolled in one...

You want to know about Sam Spade? You came to the right place chummer. Me and old Spade go way back. I knew him when he was still on apron strings.
Spade’s family originally came here as immigrants in 1892 from Ireland to start a new life. They worked hard, struggled against prejudice, boom and bust, to make a comfortable life for themselves and their children. Spade’s family is hard working, industrious, and unfortunately honest; unfortunate because they lived in an era of corruption. Sam Spade grew up on the west side of Chicago where life is cheap. He did what he had to in order to stay out of Mafia service. Even so, he spent a great deal of time on the edge; running “errands” for Tony “Numbers” Tinelli; Look out at Fat Randall’s poker joint; and even a few jobs as a courier for Mr. Cantone himself. The turn came when Spade’s magical abilities manifested. He was treated like a first round draft pick. His college was paid for by an unknown benefactor. His family was made comfortable. And no one asked him for anything in return. Until he graduated and returned home…
The requests were subtle at first. “Hey, Spade, would you mind healing Sully? He… uh… fell down a flight of stairs.” And “Hey Spade, could you put ward on Mr. Cantone’s Rec room? He likes his privacy and wants to keep it.” After awhile Spade started getting less subtle requests… “Spade, summon an earth elemental so’s I can go through the back wall of the vault at Lou’s Diamond Exchange. And stun the guards while your at it.” Spade quickly saw where this was going and tried to leave. Mr. Cantone didn’t take kindly to this and had Spade brought before him. He explained that he expected a return on his investment. Spade’s “unknown benefactor” was revealed. Things went from bad to worse as greater and greater demands were placed upon him. So much so that he decided to get out. Spade faked his death and left Chicago thinking that so long as he was dead, Cantone had no reason to molest his family. He settled in Seattle and, ironically, set up shop as a Private Investigator. He hasn’t seen or spoken to his family for seven years.
While Spade isn’t what one would call attractive, his charm and charisma more than make up for it. Though short for a Caucasian, Spade is robust, one might even call him stocky. His blue-black hair is kept short and neatly cut. He stands about one point seven-five meters tall and weighs about eighty kilograms. His eyes are a piercing, pale blue. Spade dresses in modest, charcoal gray business suits and a black and tan fedora. He smokes both cigars and cigarettes. He also has a taste for scotch, and smart-ass remarks. He has a soft spot for “dames in distress.” Spade comes across as a real scoundrel but at heart he is a good guy. He will work in the shadows to get others help so that he can maintain his jaded “I really don’t care” façade. What he is really looking for is a way to have a “normal” life. He wants a life in which he is free to see his family and not have to hide to survive.
Spade grew up thinking he wanted to be a wise guy. After experiencing that side of life he decided to try the other and became a Chicago detective. Unfortunately, they were pretty much owned by the mob so he tried working at the docks as an inspection officer for the Port Authority. While he was working at the docks, the daughter of a worker was kidnapped. Spade used his skills to find her and, in so doing, stumbled on to his calling. He started doing Private Investigation work. When he fled to Seattle it was the natural line of work for him. He could hide in plain sight, as it were. It would also give him warning should someone come looking for him.
Most of what Spade knows comes from either his life on the streets of Chicago or his time at University.
Spade currently lives and works out of his office in Everett. It is a small office on the second floor of the Wayne building. It is a dilapidated structure in need of renovation. He works mostly for low income people in need. This forces him to pull the odd shadow job to keep the lights on.
So, if you’re looking for someone to find your little girl then Spade is your man. Don’t let his gruff exterior fool you, he’s really a softy. Tell him Hammer sent you…
Whizbang
Due date for background and char sheet is monday? ick...doubt I'm going to be able to make that deadline frown.gif
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (Whizbang @ May 14 2005, 10:39 PM)
Due date for background and char sheet is monday?  ick...doubt I'm going to be able to make that deadline frown.gif

Monday Night twirl.gif Which depending on my work, could mean early Tuesday morning.

Frater: That's looking pretty sweet, I definately like (have there been any submissions I havn't?) You got a sheet for that guy?
HobbeGoblin
Would you prefer Drugs or BTL's? its more of a flavor of the game thing. If it's BTL's then he'll wear baseball caps or bandana's to cover his trode set, and has his BTL deck covered in stickers. If it's Bliss then he has the more "natural" approach to his high, most likely take flaw of simsence vertigo also. It's pretty much up to you Frosty as an addiction is an addiction...but if you want to see BTL or older street drugs in your game. I've been in games that have disallowed street drugs so...it's in your court unless you want me to flip a coin.
FrostyNSO
Well, we've always used "the real thing" (most recently kamikaze!) in our games. BTL seems so...I dunno. Dude, it's your boy, it's up to you. cool.gif
HobbeGoblin
I'll let the coin decide as i'm not particularly swayed by either. I was just wondering if you had any particular slant on street vice....the almighty coin will decide for us as the magic 8 ball hasnt been any help. I'll send char sheet and bio in PM.
FrostyNSO
Works for me. The character sounds hot so don't disappoint me biggrin.gif
HobbeGoblin
I PM'ed the character to you. If you dont use the Sprawl survival guide i'll just give him a low lifestyle and play the money game...shuffle funds around.
scoundrel
I'm going to have to take my hat out of the ring. Given what has transpired, I can't be certain that I'll have enough time to post reliably, and don't want to be a burden to the team if it turns out that I can't.

Best of luck, guys. smile.gif
HobbeGoblin
The wise and great coin decided on Bliss, the Magic 8 ball concurred with the outcome.
HobbeGoblin
Dirty Ernie is itching to play...hope to make the cut.
FrostyNSO
I'm still waiting for a sheet and bio from one more person.
FrostyNSO
Ok, the winners (hehe, suckers ork.gif ) are as follows!

Hobbegoblin, "Dirty" Ernie is in.

Qillin, Jack Naut is in.

Mister Juan, Ludmila Søren is in.

HankWS, Hank Clarkson is in.

Thank you very much to everybody who submitted characters. They were really great characters and had great bio's and "personality". This was a really tough choice and I went with the characters that I thought would produce the best chemistry (good and bad) with eachother and with the story itself.

Again, thank you for all the great submissions, everybody.

For those above that made it, I'll be putting up a webpage for the run later Monday night/Tuesday morning, and will be getting the IC and OOC threads up shortly after. Thanks for being patient. I can't wait to start rockin' on this.

Frost

ps. All should have received PM's.
Mister Juan
FrostyNSO: I should have actually informed you of how to make the "pretty" o's. I, myself, had to look around for it. It's ALT + 0248

Ludmila Søren.

Sounds much better grinbig.gif
FrostyNSO
cool.
FrostyNSO
The IC and OOC Threads are up! Don't forget to subscribe smile.gif
FrostyNSO
Regrettably, we have had 1 player drop out of this game due to personal issues, and 1 player who has gone MIA.

As a result, we are looking for 1 or 2 new players to be worked into the plot (which has gotten very thick). I am willing to give a good look over any submissions. I'm not going to set any guidelines at this point, if I see something that will work, I'll go with it.

Cheers!
Mister Juan
Come on people, don't be shy! Jacky D and Ludmilla really need some backup on this one.
Shadow
What kind of characters are you looking for? Do you already have muscle? Do you need magic?
Slacker
Hey Frosty, would Wormwood from the First Shadow game we're both in work? It seems that game has basically died and I rather like the character.

Also, did you just want us to post ideas for now or did you want us to send characters sheets to you in email?
FrostyNSO
Actually, I think Wormwood could work out pretty good. We already have a sort of electronics expert, but Wormwood is a "good professional".

I'm looking for ideas, sheets, whatever.
Digital Heroin
I've got a "last of the good cops" style character I've been dying to reinvent. Basically a guy who was around before everything started going corporate-cop, who tried to adapt to the system, but found it left a bitter taste in his mouth, survived for a good while despite, until he was deemed obsolete... total mundane, focus on will, wit, and skill rather than mojo or tech...
Shadow
I've got a mafia knife fighter named "Gun" I have been dying to play.

A rigger named Jester I like, and lets see, thats about it for now.

Jester is in McQ's game (Hunting in the Shadows) if you want to see him in action. I haven't had a chance to play Gun yet. I will send you some sheets tomorrow morning, both if you don't give me a preference.
Slacker
In case you hadn't noticed yet, I sent you a pm with links to Wormwood's character sheet and that of another character, Slacker.

Slacker is a streetsam. The basic idea behind him is that he is too lazy to actually train his body or mind, so he has turned to cyber/bio-ware for most everything.
Shadow
Not sure how to send you a character. I looked through the threads and there was no email addy.
FrostyNSO
Sorry folks, I'm in the middle of moving so I've not been following this as well as I should. I got the PM. smile.gif

Shadow, you can send the character to jnf4@pge.com

Sorry for the delays.
Shadow
Character sent.
FrostyNSO
Ok, I've looked over what I've been sent. Basically, I think Wormwood could fit in quite nicely, but It looks like first shadow is up and running again, so I understand if you're busy, Slacker.

Gunther looks like he would be able to work out, so if you're still game, Shadow?

Both could work so let me know if you're both up to it, and after I get your answers, we'll get this show back on the road.
Slacker
I'm up for running Wormwood in this game too. I have plenty of time because I spend most of my days slacking at work.
FrostyNSO
I'm making a trip south sunday thru thursday, so won't get much done through that time frame (lousy life...always getting in the way). If I get an answer from Shadow tonight, i will be able to at least get the ball rolling before then.

So, Wormwood's in...That's awesome, I like that guy.
Shadow
I am in. Time to get reading on the thread.
FrostyNSO
Cool deal. We'll be rolling shortly.
Shadow
Awesome, can't wait to play Gun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012