Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con Indy 2005
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Convention Information
Mr. Man
In going over the official FanPro SR events I see several 4E games with the words:
Completion of booth demo required.

Assuming these all refer to a single booth demo, how long will it take? Will it be running on a schedule and is that known yet?

Thanks
GlassJaw
Good question. I was wondering the same myself.

I also find it interesting that there are very few SR4 games being run at GenCon. I hope to get into at least one...

There is also very little talk about GenCon on the boards. Curious.
Lindt
AFAIK, there will be short 4E booth demos running most of the time. We just dont want to have to teach you guys EVERYTHING, if you look, most of the 4E games are in a specific area of tech.

We arnt running much 4e because most of the GMs wont have the rule book till we arrive, making it kinda hard to prep for a 4 hour con game.
GlassJaw
there will be short 4E booth demos running most of the time

Yeah, some of the SR4 game descriptions mentioned that completion of the booth demo was required.

Although as crappy as the GenCon registration was today, one of my friends tried to signup for one of the Sr4 games and it looked like it was already full. I might just check out the booth demo I guess.
Lindt
Its scary how fast things book up. I was booked out of the 3 games I wanted to play in by 7:30 est.

Barring anything, try showing up on generics, it cant hurt.
Mekalus
Well at least you were able to sign up for something. I am on a broadband connection and still couldn't get signed up for anything yesterday. Now I have to wait and see what is left this morning when they open up again.
GlassJaw
Well at least you were able to sign up for something. I am on a broadband connection and still couldn't get signed up for anything yesterday. Now I have to wait and see what is left this morning when they open up again.

Still no luck for me this morning. What a painful experience.
GlassJaw
I finally got my registration done. As expected, I couldn't get into any SR4 games but I figure I'll just check out the booth.

I did sign up for one SR3 game though: Here Kitty, Kitty...

The description sounded really cool and I wanted to play in at least one game run by FanPro.
Mekalus
I managed to get my registration one as well. No SR4 games here either but I did get signed up for all the other stuff I wanted. Guess I will have time to go buy the new core rule book
Mr. Man
If you found yourself unable to get into the FanPro SR tournament (RPG01996) it could be because only 6 tickets were ever available...

I have one of them.

Hmm, time to visit eBay...

Mekalus
Really? Wow then I feel lucky as I got one also.
Lindt
Needless to say, it was a mistake that is either fixed or will be fixed shortly.
Mr. Man
custom_game_id:  RPG01996
title:  Corporate Ghost, Round 1
startdate:  8/18/05 19:00
event_limit:  6
available:  2

This is from the .csv file with all events here on the Gen Con site. Supposedly this file gets updated every day at noon Pacific.

grendel
Keep trying for the tournament. Even if you don't get registered, show up with generic tickets. More likely than not there will be room.
Mr. Man
They fixed it today.
craigpierce
i see the official games list is up at srrpg.com (thanks adam)

everyone enjoy and i'll see you there!
MooCow
Assuming these all refer to a single booth demo, how long will it take? Will it be running on a schedule and is that known yet?

The plan is for short, 30 minute demos. They'll be less then 1 hour for certain. Our intention is to run fairly continuously, so basically whenever we have a free GM and a few players.

If you found yourself unable to get into the FanPro SR tournament (RPG01996) it could be because only 6 tickets were ever available...

Yes, as noted that was a bug in the system. We got it fixed as soon as it was brought to our attention.

I also find it interesting that there are very few SR4 games being run at GenCon. I hope to get into at least one...

For those of you looking for SR4 games, check the posted schedule at the booth periodically. I hope to be able to run more SR4 games, but that will depend on my pool of trained GMs. Right now we only have a few people confident enough with the system to run full games, but we're trying hard to correct that.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Brett
GenCon Event Coordinator
SimpleRunner
MooCow,

Are you the one that posted this as well?
http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?si...=thread&order=0

I sent you an email...
MooCow
Simplerunner,

Not per sey, that' was copied from the main SR site. However, we did post it initially. I believe I've responded to your e-mail. If not, let me know.

- Brett
Necro Tech
QUOTE (MooCow)

For those of you looking for SR4 games, check the posted schedule at the booth periodically. I hope to be able to run more SR4 games, but that will depend on my pool of trained GMs. Right now we only have a few people confident enough with the system to run full games, but we're trying hard to correct that.

I could be confident with a month's notice. biggrin.gif
Lindt
We really ARE trying to learn the rules before Gencon... sans the rule book of course. Us con GMs have this hive mind thing going on...
craigpierce
QUOTE (Lindt)
We really ARE trying to learn the rules before Gencon... sans the rule book of course. Us con GMs have this hive mind thing going on...

...yeah, that reminds me - would ya keep it down - some of us are trying to think...

nyahnyah.gif
Necro Tech
Hey, I'd take a PDF or even a crumpled cocktail napkin. It sure will be fun trying to run a demo afer having the book for 5 minutes.
Lindt
Try running the matrix introduction for SR4. I still wanna know who suckered my into that one...
Bull
*points and laughs*

Speaking of.. I need to figure out what exactly I'm gonna be running at both GC and Origins.

And maybe try reading some of those pesky SR4 rules...

Bull
Panzergeist
So will the SR4 book be coming out in stores at the same time as it sells at Gencon, or will that come later?
Bull
Don't know for certain, but if past releases are an indication, it will ship right before or right after Gen Con. SO those going and getting a copy there will get a jump on things, and it will show up a couple weeks later in stores.

Course, I could be wrong. <shrug> I'm sure Adam will come in here in a bit and give more accurate info smile.gif

Bull
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012