Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Jose/Concord/Sacramento, CA
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Bastard
We will probably do most of our gaming in San Jose at first, but when I GM it will be in Sacramento. There is another GM/Player, and a newb...maybe two. We hope to run once or twice a month, due to crazy travel, but will be planned way ahead. Our (the other gm and I) view is, the game goes to where the gm is. So when he runs, it will usually be in SJ, for me in Sac, and for special appearences from Jaruen and Captain Jackass, the games may be in Antioch or Concord.

For travel, we will try to carpool, so we can split gas and bridge toll.

Our only requirements is to have dependable team players (just cause your character is a dick, doesnt mean you have to be). If you cant make a game, say so, the thing we hate most is the answer, "I might be there."

We use a different set of characters for each GM, so bring a couple. We are all pretty laid back, so bring food, soda or beer, your characters or gm.

I will be offline for a week, so hopefully I will get a few responses in that time.

Dont be a bastard, please post here.
Cynic project
Well, if you are going to in San Jose I maybe able to get there. I am in santa Cruz, but I am willing to go over the hill for a good game.
Bastard
Groovy

Its a lot of noobs, we are looking at maybe the friday or saturday before the 4th of July, but nothing set yet.
Spark
i'd probably be game, just gotta check my schedule first. i'm in turlock so i'd have to drive a ways though. You dont mind that i'm 17? I am pretty into the roleplaying though so hopefully that wont be a problem. What kind of runs do you do anyways?
i.e. epic or streeter level? I've got some runs made up if there's interest also. Might be a bit of a stretch but not sure yet. Also, would you mind if I brought some of my more reliable players along? We dont have a super faithful group here so it would be nice to get one. biggrin.gif
Bastard
Spark-

Sounds good...our missions vary based on the gm. Im loose with the rules, try to make it more player friendly. I try to make my games straight forward in approach (aka no johnson screwovers-most of the time), generous in karma and extras (try to build on characters without wasting good karma-for example if you repel for the first time and do so successfully, you may be awarded with one point for that skill.)

The other gm is a rule book guy-maps and everything, so we differ quite a bit.

What i prefer is each player has a different character (but could have more than one) per gm. I like to keep the team within a couple of karma points from each other.

By the way, Turlock is north of Sacramento right? For the SJ/Concord games, you could always meet me in Sac and we could carpool the rest of the way. Game should take place at the GM's residence...since they are so kind to host the run.

And yes, we are interested in other gms.

Hopefully that answered more questions than it created.
Bastard
Spark-

for some reason my work computer wont let me send you a PM, and I cant get online on my home computer cause its having issues. Could you send me a PM with your email address?
Spark
so are you on right now? If so maybe you can tell me more about your group and the numbers.
Spark
Hey there,
So, my parents have decided that, until they meet you, I can’t go to your houses. That said, my parents have decided that I can run missions at my place for the first campaign after which it will be ok for me to go to other places for other GM’s.

First though, if I am to be the first GM for this group I will need a couple of things from you.
1. Contact info. With names phone numbers, addresses, e-mail etc.
2. Dependable players
3. you need to bring a stable of characters in case something goes wrong; I will not wait for someone to create one in game.
4. Snacks or money for pizza etc. are always appreciated as they lighten the GM’s load.
5. If anyone has Mits or SRComp I would appreciate it if you bring those as I have neither read nor have the money for either of those two books.
6. If there is a decker among you, he/she must know the matrix rules inside and out as I WILL NOT take the time or energy to learn those. But beware; I know enough to catch someone fudging.

If this is acceptable and you want me to GM for the First campaign (after which we should rotate so that everone can play.) then I have some rules which I need you all to read and comply with when we game. They are as follows:

1. If you don’t have something relevant to say keep your mouth shut.
2. Listen to the GM for he is God.
3. players who consistently derail the game will be warned and if, after 6 warnings, (or whenever the GM feels that things are out of hand) will be asked to make a new character, cool off, or leave as the situation demands.
4. Squad dynamics: Squad leaders are in charge of and listen to their team; squad member listen to and obey their squad leaders; everyone listens to and complies with the GM.
5. Rolling a one doesn’t mean imminent doom—w/e you think, it’s probably wrong.
6. THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!!!! I CANNOT stress this enough. Stupidity kills; often more than just your own character. That funny looking box should probably not be opened in a crowded room. And being stupid out of game means you are being really stupid in game!
7. The are ALWAYS solutions to ANY situation, analyze the situation…guns aren’t always the answer.
8. Remember, in shadowrun, the best run is a run you walk away from without anyone knowing that you were there. Caution is always the best policy. Instead of charging the main generator why not go down the elevator shaft to the emergency control conduit, blow it and then have your team ride in on the emergency response vehicles to complete the run.
9. think devious people!
10. We always start at 6 p.m. GAME TIME
11. shop after the game unless absolutely needed in game.
12. If you give ANY advice in game make sure your character is able to (i.e. you may hear someone talking about it but your character may not in game) this also means NO TALKING DURING COMBAT!!!
13. START FRIGGIN ROLEPLAYING! This will help with #6 and perhaps get you karma and life.
14. Don’t assume that the obvious has been done. If you think something obvious should be done, tell your squad leader, that’s what they are there for.
15. Squad leaders are repositories of ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE! And w/e is going at the time. If they DON’T know…Well Crap for you.
16. A good plan now is better than a perfect plan 10 min. later.—General George Patton Jr.
17. NO BUILDING NEW CHARACTERS DURING THE GAME AND NO TELLING THE GM ABOUT THEM OUT OF GAME (EXCEPT FOR IN EMAILS ETC.) EITHER.
18. Use everyone’s skills, no one person can do everything.
19. DO NOT, DO NOT, THREATEN TO BETRAY OR KILL OTHER PEOPLE’S PC’S!!!!! IF YOU NEED TO DIE, YOU WILL!
20. If you have an argument, then argue. However, keep it relevant to the game and to the CURRENT situation.
21. Be polite to people out of game who are just watching; you may find your characters face on the end of their rifle someday soon.
22. Do not anger the GM, the GM is slow to anger but if greatly angered you may need to find a new character or GM.
23. The game is designed to be fun and all inclusive and to that end humor is appreciated and sometimes rewarded. However, I must ask that you refrain from cussing around my parents as they are overly touchy about it. And please keep the not so appropriate remarks out of earshot of anyone in the house but us and try to clean it up as much as possible. If you are RPing that is ok but please keep it to a min.
24. Last and finally, DON’T ASSUME ANYTHING!

If you agree to these rules please email me these rules with your real name, character name, contact info and e-mail address to: shadowrunstephen@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot,
Spark
smokin.gif
Spark
hey Bastard, So that this goes faster, I'm usually on around 8:00 am to 12:40 pm CA time. catcha later-spark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012