Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When the more isn't the merrier....
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Kagetenshi
If he was wedding shopping and wanted to keep it a surprise I could excuse it. If it was just because he was uncomfortable about it, fuck that.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
honestly, I don't think it was either. I doubt the whole 'wedding thing' (but time will tell). I think he just blew it off and forgot about it, then called about somethign he else he was all excited about.

The two of us were working on putting together an SR style comic, just to see if we could. Guess how far that got.
Kagetenshi
This far: | | ?

~J
fistandantilus4.0
you're good wink.gif
2 karma
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Plan B @ Jun 21 2005, 09:15 PM)
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. On a side note, his girlfriend called us asking for our address. Methinks wedding invitations might be in the works. Of course, I could be wrong but ...

indifferent.gif

Oh sweet Jebus. 17? 25?

Oh well, as long as the parents all sign off on it...

I suppose it isn't much different than the 23 year old jujitzu instructor...
fistandantilus4.0
just for an update ( of this thread that should probably have died LONG ago, but mostly for JJ), no wedding announcements yet, but he is playing again on Monday with us (so far at least). Last time we played, he was in the mazes of the Arcology with the rest of the group. Now, since they've played since then, and I just ook him out, he;s still in there.

Any bets on how he does getting out unarmed? Just to give you an idea of odds, he's a magicians way adept, high grade initiate. Mostly sword centered, sucky at magic really. Bet karma if you'd like (for those of you on here in my group, if you'd like to bet, I'll honor whatever you'd like to put on the table karma wise if you win).

Shall we say, use a spread by wound boxes, just plain dead, escapes scott free, or you can bet by WHAT kills him for better odds. If anyone gets really bored, feel free to put together a pool. Maybe your GM's will let you win karma! (yeah right, but you can ask!)
Lady Door
Allright. I bet my 65 karma that I WILL KILL HIM if he pulls that "I've been dishonored. I'm going home." shit again. ERGH.
Kagetenshi
What's the Body rating? I need to know that to figure out how many boxes the Bumblebee will probably deal him.

~J
Lady Door
You know what he's (Fist3.0, that is.) really doing right? He WANTS to kill the character and is looking for creative ways to do it. Yep, Yep.
nick012000
I'm betting the character will die.

Why? The player blew off the last two sessions, lied about why he missed the last one, and brought a disruptive girlfreind to a few sessions before that. nyahnyah.gif
fistandantilus4.0
ok, but if he doesn't, you lose your 65 if he doens't go out that way
fistandantilus4.0
let me know if you want full stats, but his body is 6.

I won't kill him out of hand, but I'm not going to make it easy either, He is alone in the arc after all.

Just for a general idea, he's one of the ninja types, silent way basically, does a decent job of it. Not too heavy on the spell casting. Eastern dragon shaman. SURGED as a drake (which is why dragon chose him after all), but not very expereinced in his 'drake-ness'. SURGED a few sessions ago only.
Zraith
I'm not going to bet anything, but if I was I'd bet on him getting killed by a giant ball with lots of tenticals!
Overwatch
If you are still running your arcology with a functional Deus at the helm, my money is on him getting captured and vivisected. What are the chances that Deus has seen a drake before. He's probably going to want to know all about how they work. Might even see some draco-drones later based on the design.
fistandantilus4.0
Funny you should say that... that's exaclty what I did. The player went in to Drake form in the mazes. So when they were in one of the rooms taking a break from some of the nasties they just fought (ran from really), they got gassed, and the drake character got pulled out, and strapped to a table. if when they find him, he'll be flayed open with people poking him.

So karma to you!

The player DID end up showing up by the way, but another player that swore up and down that he'd be there didn't show at the last minute. Figures.
Buzzed
Here is a creative way of communicating the problem to him and his gf.

Roleplay the situation. Have one of the runners bring his girlfriend along with the run. During the run, the girlfirend is contantly distracting the characters. And eventually the other runners decide to kill the girlfriend.

Maybe they will get the hint. Perhaps it might intregue her to take over the girlfriend character and actually play the game.

Make sure to give her a high intelligence and a low charisma though. =P
Slacker
QUOTE (Buzzed)
Here is a creative way of communicating the problem to him and his gf.

Roleplay the situation. Have one of the runners bring his girlfriend along with the run. During the run, the girlfirend is contantly distracting the characters. And eventually the other runners decide to kill the girlfriend.

Maybe they will get the hint. Perhaps it might intregue her to take over the girlfriend character and actually play the game.

Make sure to give her a high intelligence and a low charisma though. =P

Hahahaha. That would be a good way to handle it.

So did he bring the girlfriend with him this time?
Jrayjoker
Doesn't sound like it. He got to play. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I explained it like this.... a few sessiones ago (well, a few months ago really) we told her she could come any time she liked as long as she played. The last they they came, we told her ok, now it's time to play. This is after a few sessions of telling her she was going to have to play to stay. Anyways, she refused, and I didn't push the point (well, not much). That was her choice.

So I just told him that since she didn't want to play, she wasn't welcome to come until she was going to. And that was it. He took it well, apparently she took it well ( or he just didn't tell her), and now he plays when he can getting started on work and school, which are perfectly acceptable reasons to not play.
Spark
QUOTE (Eyeless Blond)
Heh, oh I wonder why. smile.gif

On a side note, you are all extremely lucky to be able to game in meatspace. If I ever even hinted at being interested in P&P RPGs it'd be the "interventions" all over again... sometimes I do so dislike how fake-Christian my family is.

biggrin.gif that suck. my dad is a pastor of a major christian church and he is fine with my playing shadowrun, not D&D mind you but shadowrun which is what I really want to play. If they give you guff about it being wrong to play ask them; "where is it written?" If they can't find it in the Bible they cant tell you not to play.
hermit
I feel sorry for you guys. frown.gif
Jrayjoker
I'm in the same boat as EB. Only its my mom, and my dad was a pastor.
hermit
Such things seem to be not all too uncommon, then. I'm beginning to see what ElFenrir meant when she was talking about how free she feels in Finnland ... sarcastic.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012