Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Parting the Veil
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fenris
Alright, those of you in this thread, please remember general posting etiquette. This will be where all rolls and OOC conversations take place. My general flow for actions in the game that require die rolls is to get the results of those rolls, and write something cinematically appropriate in the IC thread. However, feel free to add your own cinematics whenever you'd like. wink.gif

And, of course, good luck vegm.gif
Fenris
Whoops, my bad. In my head, I'd posted meet information here in the OOC thread wink.gif

Anywho, each of you receives an address in Tacoma, a time (tomorrow, 10pm), and a name: Vinnie

A basic Matrix search will tell you that the address belongs to Transcontinental Shipping, and that the address is placed with several other shops in a strip-mall type set up actually on the Tacoma docks.

What's everybody doing between now and tomorrow night at 10?
BishopMcQ
**Looks around to find which computer ate the post he was writing...**

Will repost...Sorry about the delay on my end...
BishopMcQ
My plan is to touch base with Iblis, see if she can find any info on who else is joining up in this little expedition. The afternoon before the meet, Jake will suit up and enshroud himself in the magics that he carries to sustain.

If people need a refresher on some of our shared history...Reflections on Antiquity is still available.
WinterRat1
I just wanted to let everyone know I'll be out of town for a training conference come Sunday, and will be gone until the next Sunday. I may or may not have internet access, so there could be anything from no change in my posting status/pace to no posting at all, or anywhere in between, just to let you all know.

That said, Nameless will probably just focus himself for the job at hand, and report in to Jake. He trusts the boss to take care of what needs to be done before the meet, and to tell him if there's anything he wants done. Fenris, feel free to play Nameless if I'm silent for a couple days, that probably means I don't have internet access.
Fenris
Alright boys and girls, it's Tuesday, so unless someone has pressing business before the meet, I'm going to bump you to Vinnie's location.
WinterRat1
Bump away
nick012000
Sorry for not posting so much. I didn't know that you'd posted the threads. ohplease.gif
WinterRat1
That's Nameless meditating, btw Fenris
Fenris
QUOTE (Fenris)
Whoops, my bad. In my head, I'd posted meet information here in the OOC thread wink.gif

Anywho, each of you receives an address in Tacoma, a time (tomorrow, 10pm), and a name: Vinnie

A basic Matrix search will tell you that the address belongs to Transcontinental Shipping, and that the address is placed with several other shops in a strip-mall type set up actually on the Tacoma docks.

What's everybody doing between now and tomorrow night at 10?

nick,

Posted the meet info in the OOC thread.
Fenris
Winter,

Got it. For the geas, right?
WinterRat1
Yup
nick012000
EDIT: Never mind. Looking at my character sheet, I never took Facial Sculpt in the first place. Which is odd, because I could of sworn I did.

EDIT2: Howling Wolf is assensing the area. He will default to Centering for his Aura Reading complentary test at +2 TN. He will also make a perception (scent) test to see what he can smell here. How will we handle rolling in this game?

He is wearing his Mortimer Greatcoat line armored coat, as well as his Form Fitting Body Armor suit. He is carrying the weapons described in the post.
Fenris
Post your rolls here on the board in this format:

Pistols: 5,7,4,3,4
Combat pool: 4,3,18,3

If you're karma'ing, place those rolls underneath the original.

Also, please keep OOC stuff, like Perception TN's here in the OOC thread.

Aura Reading is simply a perception test. You cannot default to a skill for a complementary dice. Either you have the appropriate knowledge skill, or you don't.
nick012000
Aura Reading's an Active skill, but okay.

Astral Perception test for site: 9,4,4,2,2,1
Astral Pool: 4,4,2,1
Scent Perception test: 11,8,5,2,1,1
Astral Perception on Vinnie: 7,4,4,1,1,1
Astral Pool: 5,4,3,1
Astral Perception on Nameless: 5,4,3,3,2,2
Astral Pool: 5,4,4,1
Astral Perception on Iblis: 9,5,4,3,3,1
Astral Pool: 5,4,4,4
Astral Perception on Jake: 21,7,5,3,3,2
Astral Pool: 7,7,2,1
Buddha72
You use Aura Reading as a complimentary skill to the Perception test for assensing. You can also use it as an active skill to help you understand strange things you assense in an aura.
Fenris
Sorry nick, I mistyped in that last post. I meant to say that Assenssing is simply a percpetion test, and Aura Reading, though an active skill, is treated as a complimentary skill for Assensing. Although it is a skill, per say, I will refer you to page 87 in the main book where it lists defaults for skills. The section under Aura Reading defaults says

None. Either you have it, or you don't.

Buddha is correct in that you can use it to interpret some of the more...unique things you may come across when assensing wink.gif

Also, are you specifically trying to pierce masking?

For Winter and McQuillan, while I have information on what everyone else had done during the downtime (cyber, bio, magic, whatever), I don't have updated character sheets for anyone yet. Please email those to quantumthoughts at gmail.com. Otherwise, all I have to go on are the old ones wink.gif
WinterRat1
Fenris, I'm at a conference now out of town, won't be back till sunday, and my character sheet is on my home comp. I'll get it to you ASAP upon my return.
Fenris
Alright, thanks for the update.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--I thought I had PM'd you the link to the sheet. It was probably lost in my harried dash to get on the road. Will resend it to your e-mail.
nick012000
No special effort to try to defeat masking.

Not like he'll be able to beat the masking of any half-decent initiate...
BishopMcQ
Perception: 08 05 04 04 03 01 (Mundane only)

Fenris--I forgot to raise my Magic attribute when I initiated, can you kick it up 2 pts?
nick012000
So what did my assensing earlier reveal?

He will assense the area as he's driving along. You never know, there might be a place of power or a discarded focus on the side of the road.

Assensing: 9,5,4,3,2,1
Astral Pool: 9,7,5,4

Now that we've arrived at the Good Eats factory, he will assense the area and actively try to perceive any danger.

Mundane Perception: 4,3,2,2,2,1
Stealth (awareness) Complementary test: 7,4,3,2,1,1
Centering for success on complementary test: 7,4,4,4,3,1
Astral Perception: 11,5,4,4,3,1
Astral Pool: 9,5,4,2

I would like to note that as I'm duel natured, I don't take +2 TN on mundane tasks while assensing, and that the creative skill for centering is AC:Military Theory.
BishopMcQ
Military Theory and creative... are you sure that's not a contradiction of terms? wink.gif
nick012000
Well, the idea behind that creative skill is that his magic allows him to utilize his tactical knowledge in a lightning-quick fashion, allowing him to gain the advantage and pull off extreme stunts.

If you've seen the Action Man CG TV show, I imagine it as something like what Action Man does.
Fenris
Astral Perception for the site of Vinnie's old office: Violence and murder, for the most part. You get a sense of extended violence at this location, and the fading remnants of the deaths of several people, probably at least half a dozen.
Scent Perception for Vinnie's office: You smell cordite and blood, and the mingled scents of several dozen people.

Astral Perception for Vinnie: Mundane, mild alcohol addiction, mild tobacco addiction, slightly weakened heart and liver, headware and bodyware, no diseases, emotionally taut and nervous due to the job he's supposed to be setting up, distraught about the destruction of his previous office by the Yakuza.

I'll allow each of the players to respond to the astral perceptions for their characters, because I have no idea if any of them are masking or not, or what their emotional state was at the time.

If you could all print whatever information is appropriate to your individual astral perception roll, I would appreciate it. Anybody that is masking can adjust their aura from Awakened to Non-Awakened automatically, as nick is not attempting to pierce masking, but everything else will show through.

Assensing on the road to the office: Brings you nothing but general information on the various wildlife (read: homeless and shady types) inhabiting the streets in the area. Most of them are cold, hunger, lonely, and angry.

Mundane perception on the new location: The place has recently been outfitted with new locks and outdoor lights, along with a camera tucked under the edge of corner of the roof looking down at the door.

Astral perception on new location: Astral space shows that this location has been abandoned so long that it is emotionally dead. Not even a trace of the prior inhabitants colors the drab, grey space around this factory. As Vinnie opens the door you can see quite clearly that the interior office has just recently been warded, with a ward less then your Magic rating. You don't recognize the aura on the ward, but the flavor is definitely hermetic.

Feel free to follow up with any questions to me or the players if there's other information you want that I did not provide. wink.gif

nick012000
Precisely where is Vinnie's headware and bodyware? On his bones, in his muscles, under his skin, or somewhere else?

As for the ward: where is it? Is it following the exterior of the building, or is it somewhere inside the building? I'm duel natured, so I can't pass through it without destroying it. And shouldn't I know its exact Force because I scored 7 successes on the Astral Perception test, or is its TN higher than 4 for some reason?

And even though I'm not making any special effort to break through warding, the DM still makes a secret test (my Magic # of dice vs. TN other guy's magic, needing his grade-my grade # of successes, minimum 1). If it succeeds, I breach the warding, and see his real aura.
BishopMcQ
Jake is healthy, no cyberware, Essence of 6. There is a thread of darkness that wraps around his central mass like a flash of weakness (He is permanently missing one box from his overdamage chart). Mood is relaxed but alert because of the situation with Vinnie's office. There are spikes of genuine warmth and affection when he looks to Iblis and camaraderie with Nameless.

Grade 4 initiate, his magic is 10 if you pierce the mask. Otherwise he is mundane.
Fenris
nick:

Vinnie's headware is placed directly at the base of his skull, and just behind his eye. His bodyware stretches from right and left hands to the base of his skull, and there is a string of modifications along his spine.

The ward only covers the interior of the doorway that Vinnie just opened. It does not cover the exterior of the building. If you'd like to see past the ward, I'll need a perception test, minus the force of the ward, if you're trying to see past the ward to the rest of the interior.

Regarding the specific force of the ward, you haven't assensed the ward itself, which has to be assensed like any other person or magical object. Therefore, you do not have specific information on it.

My apologies for the confusionon my part regarding the rules. Those of you that can mask, if you are, he does not penetrate your masking. (Yes, I've rolled.) I assume you are speaking of masking, not warding, in the last paragraph of your last post.
nick012000
Assensing the ward: 13,9,3,2,2,1
Astral Pool: 5,5,4,3

There we go. 5 successes to assense the ward. That'll get me its exact force.

I will then wait a second or so for my Astral Pool to refresh (one initiative pass), and then try to syncronize auras with the barrier, to pass through it.

(2xGrade) Test (TN Ward's Force): 13,5,4,4,3,2,2,1
Astral Pool: 5,5,4,3

The barrier makes a Force Test (TN 4). If it scores as many or more successes as me, it stops me from passing through.
WinterRat1
Nameless reads like a mundane, shows evidence of cyber/bio replacements, and his emotional state is calm and relaxed, but tightly controlled, like he's holding back from moving suddenly and decisively. He is currently exhibiting a sense of loss over something, but at the same time there's trust, comfort and friendship towards Jake and Iblis.
Fenris
nick

The ward is Force 6. It currently has four successes to stop you from moving through. You can choose to use karma at this point to re-roll your failed dice.

Buddha72
Iblis has extensive cyberware all throughout her body (essence of 1.90) with a majority of it being in her head. Her body shows signs of heavy narcotics use but she is not currently addicted to any particular one. Her emotional state is curious and catious. She feels unresolved sexual tension towards Jake mixed in with geniune affection. Nameless is a source of comfort and concern.
BishopMcQ
Did we mention that we were a tight-knit team?
nick012000
I'm not going to use a point from my Karma pool quite so early, thanks.

Lets try again:
(2xGrade test):15,11,5,4,4,3,2,1
Astral pool: 11,4,3,3

Three successes.
Fenris
Three successes as well, so I believe you bounce again.
BishopMcQ
Putting a call through to Fixx, who should be at the club. Quick questions about in Yamikaza is a member of the club, and if my part in this will be seen as breaking Carvaggio's non-agression pact with the syndicates. Jake doesn't know how big or samll a fish Yamikaza is, but from the responses and delivery in the room, he's presuming that he is akin to a mafia Don or high ranking lieutenant.
Fenris
Fixx will respond in the affirmative, Yamikaza is a fairly big fish in the syndicate world. You'll remember the name as the guy that owned that multi-million dollar freighter you guys hijacked in Striding the Soul's Edge wink.gif

I'll check on the Corvaggio thing.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--So should I give the affirmative or am I still waiting to hear about Carvaggio?

Team--How much did we want to start the bidding at? Low with another major heist like the boat to cover "Expenses" or high with a promise of handing over new goodies to Vinnie?
WinterRat1
Your call boss. Last time I would've walked, but you said we could do it and we did, so whatever you think works for me.
Fenris
McQuillan - Carvaggio's stance at this point is pretty much standard. Yamikaza was just on the recieving end of a pretty pointed slap in the face, so his standing is somewhat diminished. In addition, he's associated with the Seattle Yakuza, as opposed to the Japanese Yakuza, so he automatically holds a somewhat lower position for Carvaggio. This job should not be an issue, as you seem to be aligned with the winning faction at the moment. However, as usual, if anything links this job with the club or him, there will be an issue wink.gif
Buddha72
Not real sure on the opening bid with Vinnie but I think it needs to be on the high side since we're been asked to off a big player in the Seattle underworld. Back when I was decking for the boat records in the last run/thread I found some info on him and he's fairly connected. That's my 2 cents worth.
BishopMcQ
Defaulting to Etiquette at a +2 (TN unknown--presuming 8 {6+2})
10 05 04 03 01 01

Karma 1
11 04 03 03 02

Karma (2&3)
10 07 05 03 01

Successes?
BishopMcQ
Fenris--Did you need something else from me?
Fenris
Nope, just slacking, sorry guys wink.gif

3 successes on the negotiation roll, McQuillan.
Fenris
Anything else anybody else needs from me to move forward?
nick012000
Nope.
BishopMcQ
Wasn't sure if he had actually handed over the money...if not we'll just do a blind drop and pick it up through Iblis and have it get distributed anonymously into Certified Cred.
Fenris
That works just fine. I apologize, I should have been a little clearer about the fact that he didn't have the cred on him wink.gif

Where to now?
nick012000
Howling Wolf has a safehouse that should prove suitable for planning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012