Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Of The Big Ten Would You Rather Run For?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
VOLKOV9
Were you to run for just one mega your whole career...
Lilt
There is nothing to see here. Move along. cool.gif
Synner
I've voted for S-K but that's probably because I know some dirt on the boss nyahnyah.gif
Cray74
For some reason I prefer Ares. They seem rather relatively straightfoward, or so says their PR in the shadows. wink.gif
FlakJacket
Probably Yamatetsu with Novatech and Wuxing tying for a very close second place.
Fortune
Ares has my vote, but if given the choice I would pick the DIMR. smile.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
I like Aztechnology. I really do. It has a special place in my heart because, well, I'm evil.
Phylos Fett
This thread will become redundant when the Darth Phylos Corporation becomes AAA!
Crunch
I almost said Ares, but if you work only for them getting sent on a bug hunt will be a certainty. I'll take my chances with Novatech. smile.gif
Shockwave_IIc
Me i voted for SK.

Why my most favoured character is owned by them. and the boss has such cool factor about him.

Oh living in Europe and it being the only Euro-corp might make a difference. and it being the biggest corp.
VOLKOV9
QUOTE (Cray74)
For some reason I prefer Ares. They seem rather relatively straightfoward, or so says their PR in the shadows. wink.gif

they're so good. they killed a lot of bugs, and resisted the urge to capture some bugs and experiment with them for their own not-quite-moral purposes.... o wait, no they didn't....
Dalassa
Yamatetsu, because things that make orks make things go boom are fun. cyber.gif
Fygg Nuuton
they killed the bugs, theyre aloud to expiriment, to the victor goes the spoils
Chaos
Yamatetsu. I find spirits to be more trust worthy than most humans.
VOLKOV9
btw, i voted for Yamatetsu. Buttercup, the PPG, and bleeding edge cyber make VOLKOV a happy camper
Frag-o Delux
For some reason I like Ares, big guns and a chance to go into space seems fun. And call me sentimental for the old USA.
BrianL03
I voted Ares just because I feel a lot more comfortable, and even if it meant being sent on Bug Hunts, I'd rather be with them for a few reasons: Ares Alpha, Strain III Beta, and the Ares Citymaster.

Novatech and Renraku ran a close second, most notably because I love Matrix gear, and Renraku also has drones for the fun playthings.
Kagetenshi
I like Yamatetsu's stance on metahumans, so I went with them. Really, though, I'd probably try to become part of GOD for the amusement value alone.

~J
Ronin Soul
I voted for Yamatetsu. Compared to most other triple As they seem the most "human" (or metahuman as the case may be). They have the friendliest stance on Metahumans and seem the have the most humanitarian type research things than other megacorps.
Finally and most importantly, the power behind the throne (Buttercup) is a fan of Manga! I mean, what isn't there to love?
Sepherim
I as a character, voted for Aztech. It has the point that you already know that you're going to get screwed from the beginning, so you can start second plans without problems since the beginning. biggrin.gif
As a master, I'd vote for S-K. Lof is the best, and Europe rulez! grinbig.gif
Anyway, I'd hate to run all my life for only one corp, and I rather run for the underworld bosses, especially the mafia.

I voted for Yamatetsu. Compared to most other triple As they seem the most "human" (or metahuman as the case may be). They have the friendliest stance on Metahumans and seem the have the most humanitarian type research things than other megacorps.?

That's just an image. Yamatetsu is as blood sucker as Ares or Aztech. There are no "good" corps, all of them want profit only. Yes, Yamatetsu makes more vehicles for orcs and trolls, houses for dwarves, etc. but only because there is a market for it. Nothing personal, as Johnsons say.
Nath
Cross for me. Dealing in French would be easier, but first I'd hate to work with amateur, and Seraphim's level is honest by my standards nyahnyah.gif I also know no equivalent to the French word "barbouze" to accurately describe the job.
Rokur
Yamatetsu.... simply put, All the other corps' objectives are too much, and even if you do make it up the ranks you just get dirtier and dirtier.... Yamatetsu's PR leaves it almost as a kind corp. and they're objectives seem straightforward and accomplishable.... but hell you never will ever know what the hell they really are aiming to do. And i'd rather be the pawn of a spirit who loves manga over a dragon, flashy deckers, political parties, conservative humans, and weird as blood mages....
Warmaster Lah
Quite a hard choice. They have their quirks, perks, and flaws.

Wuxing is good if only for the travel and variety of work. Novatech is all shiny and hip, or so the aids say. Me though....I'd rather run with a winner. The big numero uno...SK. I don't see why everyone in the shadows gets the shivs everytime its mentioned. How bad can working for cute old Lofy be...........

; )
Dark Scrier
Ares. Ares has guns. Ares has Milspec equipment.

Closely followed by SK, because it's always good to sit where the power lies.

Then Yamatetsu, because they've got that whole meta-friendly thing happening, and I usually only play metas.
Abrojus
Aztechnology, better be on their good side smile.gif
SgtSavage
I went with S-K for the same reasons as Shockwave. I won't have to commute so far to get to work that way.
The Synthcat
CatCO... I mean, c'mon, the best black ops and spies, a puppet government whose protectionnist stance guarantees a safe "home ground"...

That and the cheap cyberdecks. And the auto-coder. biggrin.gif
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Yamatetsu, 'cause they flipped off the Japanacorps, took their marbles and went home!

Plus, they have Delta grade cyber! And are ork happy! And, man, that Buttercup is one hot babe! *Drools* Man, I would [Block delete24mp] all night long, baby! She is fiiiiine! Ah, the spirit moves me!
Doc Sportscar
Personally, I'd run for Novatech. Why? Two reasons:

1) I tend to play extraction experts, and extraction people who know what they're doing are treated well there.

2) Other megacorps are lying, thieving, corporate sharks who would sell their own mothers for 1% of the stock they needed to pour more nuyen into their pockets. Richard Villiers is at least honest about it.
hp_warcraft
Novatech definitely. They are young, they are hungry,
and I have a contact there. wink.gif

Working for SK violates the "never cut a deal with a dragon" rule (even if indirectly).

And I seem to recall that Aztechnology has such a crappy reputation in
the shadows by the 2060's that their Mr. J's go out of their way to appear to
be 'representing' another corp.

BGMFH
Aztechnology -- Sometimes its good to be bad!
Magus
I actually prefer renraku. I mean in one run we hit some of the Red Samurai and they truly impressed my mage. Ever since he has been trying to ingrate himself into Renraku. Taking runs into their Arc anything. The consummate yes mage, unfortunately he is a dwarf and does not realize the laughter is at him not with him. Oh well....... frown.gif
VOLKOV9
but who will come to MCT's birthday party? nobody likes it....frown.gif

or shiawase...
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Abrojus)
Aztechnology, better be on their good side :)

There isn't a good side. This is the same corp whose blood mages used security guards as "batteries."
Atrox
SK; I'd rather work for the Dragon than against him. biggrin.gif

Now how do I place votes for my other characters? wink.gif
Peter Pan
Fuchi Industrial Electronics

nyahnyah.gif
Drain Brain
Ares has my vote - free toys! Almost went S-K, though, 'cause I'd quite like a free BMW...
KosherPickle
I'd run for Keruba. Or maybe JRJ. Possibly ORO. I'm a very reasonable person.
Plastic Rat
QUOTE (Chaos)
Yamatetsu. I find spirits to be more trust worthy than most humans.

Say What?!? eek.gif

/me voted for Ares! Proudly pro Ares! They're about the closest to a AAA that you can trust.
KosherPickle
Wow, no love for Shiawase at all. I guess MIFD scares a lot of people off.
Adarael
Personally, I've always loved S-K. Not because Lofwyr's in charge, not because it makes the big munitions, but because I love heavy industry as a concept. And considering SK has control of Krupp Heavy Industries, and the entire Rhine-Rhur factory megaplex, the things they build must be just this side of jaw-droppingly advanced.

And you know... if you're gonna be a company man, it really eases the mind to know the guy who's calling the shots has probably been doing this sort of thing several thousand years longer than the competitors, and will eat anyone who cheeses him off.

Though really? I'd run for Transys Neuronet. Just because nothing says staying power like "Hi, we invented cyberware and the datajack?"
Hocus Pocus
Ares. I'd be a combat mage on a firewatch team!
Reth
Trust Ares??? Yeah ofcourse you can trust Ares. Did anyone say Threats 2??
snowRaven
Novatech has my vote any day - they rely heavily on rcruited runners, Lanier and Villiers both know very well what they are doing, and they have access to some nifty tech, a delta clinic and kewl initiatory groups.

Yamatetsu comes a close second, because well... I like Buttercup!

Ares, S-K and Aztechnology all fight for the next-to-last position, but MCT is the corp I wouldn't wanna run for. Their research into brain-computer-robotics reeks of Dr.Halberstam, and is bound to attract Deus attention, and they are still very Yak-connected... Yakuza don't tolerate failure well, and I like my fingers. ohplease.gif
snowRaven
But given a FREE choice I'd go with Transys Neuronet.

1) They own the swedish telecom market (makes tapping phones easier, and I might get to call for free! grinbig.gif)
2) They have two dragons on board. Dragons with power and secrets (I want to pass through the earth!)
3) They fight against Lowfyr and S-K.
4) They may be the corp who makes breakthroughs in datajacks for dolphins and satyrs - I like dolphins and satyrs.
5) They have an HQ in Stockholm - i live in Stockholm.
6) They have access to a Delta clinic.

So there! upsidedown.gif
kevyn668
Novatech has my vote any day - they rely heavily on rcruited runners, Lanier and Villiers both know very well what they are doing, and they have access to some nifty tech, a delta clinic and kewl initiatory groups.

and they'll disavow and sell you out just as fast as anyone else
wienerwürstchen
of course for SK - hey Lofwyr is my neighbour cyber.gif
Wish
Given my choice of running for any member of the Big Ten, I'd have to choose Ohio State. Such a tradition of top quality running backs (and track stars, if you prefer that sort of running).
Tiralee
Ares - nice toys.

Yes, I know, evil, bug-trials, etc, etc. But...toys!

Anyhoo - it's good to know that a company you might do some biz for will take a stock-beating if/when some nasty rumours about the bug-city fiasco hit the news-nets.

You pick up the stock cheap, and might double-cross a few bods that stiffed you earlier as "removing possible sources of unauthorised information dissemination".

(That's "shutting a flapping mouth" to all the sams out there, myself included. Damn Corp Ett.)

Oh, and the joys of testing new and improved laser tech!
Morphling The Pretender
I'd work for Renraku or Ares. Why? One has nano up to the eyebrows (mono, baby biggrin.gif ), the other has every X you could put before military: Expiremental, Extraordinary, Extra-ass-kicking biggrin.gif.

Of course, I'm not that lucky. Right now, the Yaks have me over a barell and forced me to assassinate people pro bono.

kill... kill untill the blood washes the hate clean....

but there is so much hate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012