Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Merchandise?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
kryton
I'm curious how many folks would be interested in buying Shadowrun Merchandise? Stuff like the Ubiquitous Coffee Cup, T-Shirts, Hats, maybe even gag stuff like a fake mag lock paskey or a fake Corporation Badge or a fake Docwagon card? I know Fasa and Fanpro use to give some swag away at GenCon and Origins. Would you buy Shadowrun Merchandise? Say $20 to $25 for a shirt or $10 or $15 for a coffee cup?
Nikoli
Actually, you gould get those pens that are bracelets and stick a doc-wagon logo on them for the doc-wagon gear.
I'd love a decent SR shirt, but please, for the love of Dunklezahn, don't use whoever did the SR4 cover art. Go with a SOTA:63 feel.

Would love a Renraku mug
Or a "credstick" (put some SR bank logo on a Cross Ion pen)
Maybe a "Merciless Ming's Bucking Fest Pizza" menu
stuff like that would be great.
Bigity
T-shirts: Yes, but keep them general. Either SR logos, various corp logos, or some of the older (good) art. Don't do characters.

Mugs: No, don't drink coffee

Other Stuff:
Credstick looking pen
DocWagon bracelets (great idea!)
nezumi
Shirts and whatnot I'm not really interested in, but gag gifts would be great (assuming the price is right). Docwagon bracelets, Cuddle me Dunkie, that sort of thing would be a lot of fun. Anything I can wear around the office to show I'm a corporate drone would also be neat. I'm especially interested in Shadowrun logo irises for the new cybereyes I'm planning on buying in a couple years.
Sicarius
Definetely go for a T-shirt. Again, I'd be for logos. SR, Corp logos, etc.

I used to have a T-shirt featuring the cover of the old Fields of Fire. (I think it was FOF). I bought it in Thailand, I doubt it was legit merch.
BookWyrm
Pins (occaisional SR logo, corprate logo): Yes
T-shirts (corporate logos & slogans): Yes
Mugs....undecided. Woould have to see them to believe them. But I have enough coffee cups as it is.
Pen-Credsticks: Yes.
Passcards: re-issue Denver zone cards, DocWagon service cards & bracelets, Corporate ID cards: Yes

toy mag-lock(s)? Maybe. They're have to work with the pen-credsticks & actually work like the spy-theme alarms from Wild Planet
nezumi
I think the only problem with corporate IDs is that to look really legitimate, they need the buyer's picture on it. Is that feasible? If not, the best I can imagine is it'll look like one of the keycards for a third rate motel.
bclements
Yeah, I'd get some stuff:

-Credstick (would make a neat keyring, pen idea is cool as well)
-Coffee mugs with various corp logos
-Plush Dunkie smile.gif
Jrayjoker
I'd definitely buy a plush Dunkie if it were of good quality and kid-safe. All four of my kids would have one the day after they came out.
winterhawk11
Why stop at Dunkie? I think it would be cool if they could come out with a whole line of plush Shadowrun dragons - Lofwyr, Dunkie, Ghostwalker, Hestaby, Hualpa... Yeah, I'd buy 'em. smile.gif
Bigity
That would look cool next to my plush Leet doll.
nezumi
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
Why stop at Dunkie? I think it would be cool if they could come out with a whole line of plush Shadowrun dragons - Lofwyr, Dunkie, Ghostwalker, Hestaby, Hualpa... Yeah, I'd buy 'em. smile.gif

Because more diversity means more overhead. Plus, the books don't mention plush Lofwyr.
Kagetenshi
It probably wouldn't sell widely enough to be worth it, but what I'd love is a line of simple understated clothing, polo shirts with Shadowrun corporate logos on the breast pocket (you know, the kind companies give out a lot) using logos of the Big 10 plus a few other must-haves (Grid Overwatch Division, possibly the Draco Foundation and the like).

~J
winterhawk11
QUOTE (nezumi)
Because more diversity means more overhead.  Plus, the books don't mention plush Lofwyr.

Yeah, yeah. There you go, letting your pesky real-world concerns get in the way of my fantasy. smile.gif

Anyway, it's obvious why they've never mentioned plush Lofwyr. Would you want to ask him to okay the concept?

'Sides, if they've got plush Cthulhu, can plush Lofwyr be far behind? smile.gif
FrostyNSO
I would like a Renraku mug. That and a Merciless Ming's T-shirt.
viggo
cthulhu would own lofwyr. no doubt in my mind.

As an avid hat wearer, I'd love a hat of the Draco Foundation. Running for Dunk's ghost makes me happy smile.gif

I'm allergic to polo shirts.
Overwatch
must own...plush DUNKIE....

And instead of a pen, what about USB memory sticks for Credsticks. I know they're as cheap as ten or twelve bucks in some places now. You could even put some kind of neat gimmicky SR software on there.

Shirts are iffy for me, but i would definitely invest in an SR cap.

Some other ideas. Toy guns, who wouldnt want a plastic ARES predator 3? Stuffer Shack Soy Snacks. (cleverly repackaged cheap junkfood). And this is stretch in that it would require some pretty creative fabrication, and they're removing them from fourth ed. but I'd really like a cyberdeck. smile.gif
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (Overwatch)
And this is stretch in that it would require some pretty creative fabrication, and they're removing them from fourth ed. but I'd really like a cyberdeck. smile.gif

A black keyboard with two of those old huge headphone cables (the jacks) instead of a keyboard cable.

...could maybe make one outta the junkyard.
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Overwatch)

And instead of a pen, what about USB memory sticks for Credsticks. I know they're as cheap as ten or twelve bucks in some places now. You could even put some kind of neat gimmicky SR software on there.

I'd have to agree on the plush Dunkelzhan. biggrin.gif grinbig.gif

As fur USB memsticks as Credsticks.....I like it. cool.gif
Overwatch
maybe something like THIS
Nikoli
Close.
Oooh, how about fake trophies for time with a SR company?
6th world themed motivational posters?
Plastic Arcology models,
SR themed faceplates for phones,
Kid Stealth socks,
SR Company CPU plates,
patches for various SR service companies, like Doc*Wagon, KrashKart, etc.
Remote controled "drone" (make up a shell for some existing RC toy, preferably one that has a DV camera built in),
KnightErrant or LoneStar home security stickers,
a panic button,
stuffershack travel cup,
limited edition Dunklezahn series stuffershack travel cup,
and oodles of SR themed bumper stickers.
nezumi
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Kid Stealth socks,

Err... They're backwards? Or do they have holes for claws?

SR Company CPU plates

Fuchi Inside

My wife likes the idea of a Renraku mug, with some sort of inspirational quote. "Deus approves of your labor". Something 1984 would be cool (and, of course, the fractal logo).

Bigity
QUOTE (Overwatch)

Shirts are iffy for me, but i would definitely invest in an SR cap.

Some other ideas. Toy guns, who wouldnt want a plastic ARES predator 3? Stuffer Shack Soy Snacks. (cleverly repackaged cheap junkfood). And this is stretch in that it would require some pretty creative fabrication, and they're removing them from fourth ed. but I'd really like a cyberdeck. smile.gif

I thought about the memory stick thing, but left it out because of cost concerns. I wouldn't want one unless it was at least a gig, so that would put it at too high a cost.
Panzergeist
A pair of "Mr. Johnson" boxers would be nice.
nezumi
With a picture of Mr Johnson on the crotch?
Thanos007
I would absulutly love a Property of S-K tee shirt. Like the id cards as well. Would love almost any kind of SR merchandise.

Thanos
Chandon
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
It probably wouldn't sell widely enough to be worth it, but what I'd love is a line of simple understated clothing, polo shirts with Shadowrun corporate logos on the breast pocket (you know, the kind companies give out a lot) using logos of the Big 10 plus a few other must-haves (Grid Overwatch Division, possibly the Draco Foundation and the like).

~J

Shirts like this would be awesome. I'd absolutely make an effort to scrape together money for a couple of them.
weblife
It must be pretty cheap to set up... I mean, mugs and T-shirts are among the first things to show up on popular websites. They subcontract their logos to a webshop that then handle all the buying/shipping.

Its low-cost for the affiliated shop who prints shirts and mugs more or less on demand, and a trickle of revenue will go back to FanPro.
nezumi
Actually, if we got FanPro's official blessing, I'm sure we could do it. My wife knows a company that'll print shirts with your picture for something like $13 a pop. She'd be willing to touch up the art (for a price, of course, depending on complexity, if she has to start from scratch, etc.) If it's just a DSF deal, it'd be limited in selection since somebody actually needs to MAKE so many of these images. But as I said, the crux is would FanPro support our doing it? How much of a cut would they want?
winterhawk11
It's probably not FanPro that would be the sticking point--it's WizKids. I suspect they probably won't want to allow their intellectual property to be used in this way unless they get a cut. But who knows? I could be wrong.
Nikoli
Well, cut them in. Right now they are not making a profit on a venue for which there is some market for.
RangerJoe
I want a sticker for my powerbook that says, "My other deck is a Fairlight Excaliber."
Nikoli
or a medallion that says Deus inside
Euchrid
I'd love both a shirt and a mug with the ShadowRun logo, but with one proviso - it would have to be the old one. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I just love the skull. The new one is nice, but I find it a little bland.

If it were going to be done with FanPro's blessing, I don't see that causing a problem - surely they've got the license for *everything* ShadowRun, old logos included.
Nikoli
I doubt you're in the minority there, many people enjoyed the ram skull logo.

But use of and return to old branding and logo's is tricky at best as it may confuse new people when they see older books with that logo next to newer ones with the tribal S logo.
2bit
Laubenstein (who did that logo) has a way of making everything look leathery, no matter what material it's supposed to be. He does fantasy good but his techy illustrations suck!
Bigity
So, do I have to get permission from FanPro to have the Shadowrun "S" logo tattooed on my arm? smile.gif
Nikoli
Technically, the tattoo artist does, and you'd have to go back to whoever represents the original FASA intellectual Properties as it's a change in medium.
realistically, no, provided a thousand people don't start walking around with one.
nezumi
Time for thread necromancy...

On 1/10/06, I sent the following e-mail to Mike Muhlvihill (as recommended on the FanPro website for questions in regards to err... whatever it was he's in charge of).

[ Spoiler ]

It's been almost a month and no response. So I open this up to the DS community. Assuming my e-mail (from a gov't address) wasn't just spammed, who else should I be e-mailing to get permission for this? I'd hate for this idea to sink just because one guy doesn't check his e-mail enough (or thinks the die-hard fans of his product are all dorks for trying to sell his stuff for him).

Thoughts? Comments? Am I still just a dork?
Lindt
Try Adam. Hes usually good about at least knowing where to go.

And Id SOO want a "Deus Inside" big for my new box.
warrior_allanon
alright, heres some ideas for practically everything.

shirts: Go with the pictures from the 3ed pre-gens, the archtypes. the art was cool and between them and the pictures from the GM's screen, you could basically label everyone in a group with one

Mugs: definately go with the corporate and national logos here, I mean who doesnt want that collection of the "Big 10" Coffee mugs

love the idea of the plush dunkies would have to have one just because.

shirts: (again) I agree with the corp polos idea, they would be very cheap to do and probably be able to sell for at least $20.00

USB flash drives as credsticks: excellent idea, and each one have a copy of an SR manual on them (cost included in the price) most of the electronic copies fit on a 128mb drive, you might even be able to fit 2, and for probably about 30 bucks

dockwagon bracelets, AP3 model of soft airs, and other bric-a-brac:
good ideas all, just one thing, I want the first AS-7 Soft air.

bloody GM dont want to admit its concealable worth a flip
the_dunner
You guys know that Battlecorps has T-Shirts with the SR4 cover art and logo, right?

I asked at GenCon why Wizkids didn't have a Shadowrun Cafe Press store (like they do for all their other lines). Sharon Muhlvihill told me that they were working on creating one.
Maltaltin
Trying to make charactes for shadow run action figures would prove indefinatly difficult because their are just so many ways to create a character that the figures would apply to fewer people.
nezumi
QUOTE (the_dunner)
You guys know that Battlecorps has T-Shirts with the SR4 cover art and logo, right?

I asked at GenCon why Wizkids didn't have a Shadowrun Cafe Press store (like they do for all their other lines). Sharon Muhlvihill told me that they were working on creating one.

If you read through the thread, said t-shirts are not even close to what we're looking for.

Thanks for the heads up about a cafepress store. It would be nice if Sharon would tell Mike to check his e-mail nyahnyah.gif I'll e-mail Adam, since he does seem to be a responsible gentleman.
warrior_allanon
time to resurect this thread again. Battlecorps has SR t-shirts though right now its very limited. personally i think they could expand like everyone has suggested. but heres another idea for the shirts.

now everyone has seen shirts that have lists on them. They seem to be in right now and i bet if fanpro did this that places like Hot topic would carry them and make a fortune for the companies involved. (and hawk i'm ashamed you didnt put this up first). Use the "Top Ten" lists from Duck's site, (with her permission of course) along with the archtype pictures. You could either go "This is what a so and so is" or isnt list to fit the picture
winterhawk11
QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
and hawk i'm ashamed you didnt put this up first

Hey, sorry--little busy here. smile.gif

Use the"Top Ten"  lists from Duck's site, (with her permission of course) along with the archtype pictures.

That page comes up as dead. Here is the link to DeckerM's Top Ten lists.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012