Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New/lesser experienced players in MN
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Joel
Is there anybody from Minnesota around here, particularly in the Burnsville to Twin Cities area? I've had the books for quite a long time but haven't been able to find anyone to play with. That being said, while I may know enough to play decently I have never actually played a pen and paper game before. Just looking to get a little familiar with how things work and want to have some experience before SR4 comes out.

I don't have means of transportation as of yet, not till September or later, but I was just curious if anyone even played around where I live.
Jrayjoker
Well, there are a couple groups in the area; Mr. Sinister and myself being in different groups in St. Paul.

There is also someone in Mpls who runs the Twin Cities Shadow Node, but I don't know if he plays.

I am on hiatus (currently with newborns in the house), and I haven't seen Mr. Sinister around these boards for a while. AFAIK our respective groups are in th late 20s to early 30s age groups. Have you tried posting at the Source for a group?
kichigai_inu
I am part of a group of SR players in the Twin Cities area. We have been playing for over 10 years. However we have lost some players recently due to work or other issues so we are looking for some new blood and have no problem taken in an inexperienced player. The game is usually played in New Hope, but I myself live in Burnsville. I have given rides in the past to some other players that did not have transportation, so I would be willing to provide a ride. It would depend how far away you lived from Burnsville or the route. We are all older players in our 30s, actually I'm 29 but close enough, and play a mature game. We have no problem accepting any age player as long as they can play maturely. We play every other Friday from 7pm to midnight, although it often runs late.
Joel
I am only 16 but maturity isn't a problem, I'm not the typical teenager. I can't get into playing for awhile still probably but it's cool to see that there are people who play in the general area around here. And I live very close to Burnsville, the line seperating Burnsville and Savage is right down the street more or less.

And this is a dumb question I know, but what is the source?
Jrayjoker
The Source Comics and Games is a "Friendly Local Comic and Gaming Store" located at the NW corner of Snelling and Larpenteur in St. Paul. Since you aren't doing a lot of traveling on your own it is not surprising thta you are unaware of it...Good shop.
Joel
I think I've been there once but that was years ago; I have seen the ads on TV quite often though. Thanks the clarification. As soon as you said it was a store I thought, wow I'm dumb.

Thanks for the responses guys biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
No problem. Gotta keep Shadowrun available and accessible. wink.gif
kichigai_inu
I received your email Joel but I thought I would reply here as well. 16 is fine. Like I said as long as you are fairly mature age doesn't matter. I was a SR GM when I was your age running a popular campaign for players in their 20's. Just let me know when you are ready to play. It's actually better this way as we are between campaigns currently. I just wrapped up a campaign that had been going for 5+ years. When I begin again we will be starting over, so it will be easier to get you in since everyone's character will be new.

I live close to Savage. I live on Highway 13 near 35W, just a few blocks from the Savage Cub foods on 13. Being that you are 16 and that you may need a ride, I would be willing to met your parents and provide my home phone and address as well as for the location where we play. I will not get into any more detail here, just email me when you are ready.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012