Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: To Dance with Snakes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
BGMFH
Hmm.

I feel like running a mostly freeform game.

Characters will be required, cash will be tracked, rolls will be determined by me or by the plot.

This should be a straightforward extraction... until it hits the fan of course.

Interested? Post a concept, about a paragraph long.
Shadow
I am interested but I am dry on concepts right now, anything else for me to go on?
Slacker
You will likely get a bigger response if you post this with Recruitment: in the thread name.
Shadow
QUOTE (Slacker)
You will likely get a bigger response if you post this with Recruitment: in the thread name.

Wow that was helpful. Once upon a time OOC was how you recruited people. There is no rule that says you still cant.
BGMFH
Considering Shadow remembers me from when we moved to these forums, he is correct.

Shadow - Phobia : Snakes would be a bad idea.

This will be a personelle extraction, from a research facility.

A Rigger and a Face are the only *required* archetypes, though magic-types would be helpful. Deckers are questionable depending on the teams skills.

Books are SR3 CC MiTS M&M Rigger 3 SRComp New Seattle
Shadow
Any character Gen guidlines?
Qillin
I got a guy that wouldn't be bad for this
Johnathan Smith
[ Spoiler ]
BGMFH
Standard Priority, Sum To 10, Points or Becks V2 starting characters.

No time or rating limits on the availability, just availability 8.

Cultured Only Bioware, Beta Datajacks or Beta Cybereyes/limbs are fine, as long as it doesnt get too wacky.

ECU in Limbs is not tracked, within reason.
Thomas
Character concept:
Edward Laughing Wolf, aka Canis Chromus
Cascade Ork male
Rigger: Vehicle and Drones

Brief Background:
Ed grew up in a salvage yard and spent most of his youth repairing machines and refueling smuggler’s transports in the Salish-Shidhe. He has managed to make enough from building and selling vehicles to strike out on his own – attracted by the big city lights he moved to Seattle.

More details on request…
BGMFH
that will work for the moment.

Anyone else in?
Shadow
Type: Close Combat/infiltration
Name: Gun
Weapon of Choice: Knives

BG

Gun is a 'made man' in the mob who is moonlighting (with permission) as a Shadowrunner. He works a night job at the Blue Lagoon club which is owned by the Dons niece.

---

I sent the character to your hotmail addy.
BGMFH
not recieved

Send to morsdraconis at earthlink.net
Shadow
Sent.
BGMFH
recieved, under review
Digital Heroin
Name: Seta Drake
Street Name: Umbra
Description
Concept: Freerunning Athelete's Way Adept

Most people would expect that when an up and coming University of Washington track star has his scholarship revoked because it is discovered he is an adept, that that guy would be quite depressed. Seta was anything but. He took the media attention garnered to him during the scandal and turned it on its heel. How? He started a revival of the art of Parkour.

Several now legendary trideos, a feature length sim-flick, and a very publicized twelve hour police chase brought Seta Drake more than his fifteen minutes, and along with it came corporate sponsorship. He became the face of Ares for a disenfranchised generation unable to connect with big league atheletes.

But sooner or later it all had to end. Two years he was in the bright lights, and it only took one to fall into the shadows. Why settle for one man, after all, when a whole team of younger, hipper freefunners came along? Seta took it in stride, though. He took his newfound obscurity and his connections to the streets, entering a world many fallen atheletes before had come to. While you may think he would be bitter, not a hint of it will be found. After all, there's still the occassional autograph to be found, and there's always tommorrow to look forward to.
Shadow
Hey BG any word?
Digital Heroin
Guess this is a no go then?
Digital Heroin
Regardless, I'm out... don't want to commit to too much...
BGMFH
Hurricane Dennis took out much of my time and severely limited my internet access, as did all the preparations preparing the art gallery I work in for the storm.

Anyways, Im back, and sorry about that. Who is still in?
Thomas
QUOTE (Thomas)
Character concept:
Edward Laughing Wolf, aka Canis Chromus
Cascade Ork male
Rigger: Vehicle and Drones

Brief Background:
Ed grew up in a salvage yard and spent most of his youth repairing machines and refueling smuggler’s transports in the Salish-Shidhe. He has managed to make enough from building and selling vehicles to strike out on his own – attracted by the big city lights he moved to Seattle.

More details on request…

I'm still in...
Digital Heroin
Hell, I've got more to appologize for, was an ass for the reactionary stance... Lord knows I'm flaky as hell, and a hurricane's never fun to deal with.

I can toss someone in, but Seta's gone to something probably more suitable for him, as he's a lower level type concept...
Shadow
I am.
BGMFH
That makes 3.
Opening IC post sometime this week, depends on the schedule I have to work.
Last call for alcohol.
Digital Heroin
What are you requiring as far as chargen?
Thomas
No more for me, thanks. I'm start'n ta see snakes... wink.gif
Slipshade
Deleted post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012