Blue 4 - 6/4/4/5/4 Host (Easy)
Matrix 3.0 Rules

Security Sheaf Table

Trigger Step   - -   Security Event
007               - -    Probe 3
012               - -    Probe 5
017               - -    Probe 7
024               - -    Tar Baby (Analyze) 6 / Binder (Evasion) 4
031               - -    Passive Alert (+2 on all Subsystem Ratings)
036               - -    Killer 4 / Tar Pit 4 Attack
041               - -    Ripper (Evasion) 4
047               - -    Blaster 5 / Probe 7
053               - -    Blaster 7
058               - -    Active Alert - Killer 2 / Killer 2 / Killer 2 / Blaster 4
065               - -    Blaster 4 / Blaster 4
072               - -    Crippler (Bod) 5 / Sparky 6
077               - -    Black IC 4 / Tar Pit (Attack) 4
084               - -    Shutdown Started

Paydata Table
Data Size               - -    Defense
160 Mp               - -    Scramble 2
200 Mp               - -    Scramble 2
120 Mp               - -    No Defense
200 Mp               - -    Scramble 2
Run Info             - -    No Defense

This is supposed to be a milk-run datagrab, and it has some Run-relavent info in it. It's supposed to be the home network of a low-midling executive at a megacorp (I haven't decided which.) Yes, this is the home network of the guy from the de-gaying camp rescue Run.

Note: I've designed it with the SR3Decking rules revisions (featured in This Thread in mind. I want it to be a bit challenging, but overall a milk run. The players (and the DM, for that matter,) are matrix-run virgins.
Birdy
Drop the black ICE. AntiPersonal Programs are IMHO a NoNo outside a AAA host.

Birdy
ShadowDragon8685
Whoops. I forgot about that.

I could say he lives in a corporate enclave...

Meh, I'll just replace it with Sparky. Good catch, thanks. smile.gif
Crusher Bob
If you are actually going to play out the run with your decker, better add some more milk run stuff for the rest of the team here too.

I notice that the system dosen't 'call the cops' I would think that it would do so fairly early, call up the corp systems that have some real computing power and get them to run some much better trace programs that what the execs relatively feeble desktop can run.

So change the security sheaf to look like this:

Tally ~20
Call corp system, ask for 'trace ~6-7', if call is unsuccesful (line cut is probably cut, goto active alert), then all the IC over rating 3 or 4 is acutally being run by the large corp systems, not the simple home system.

This will in theory give the regular team members something to do, they can cut the phone line to greatly reduce the IC available to the home system, but then it's more likely to go on alert/shut down. Or they can try to spoof the outgoing call, so that the system thinks it's getting the support it's asking for, but isn't.

Otherwise it becomes a much better deal to just break into the guys house and make off with his PC, it has all sorts of moby IC on it, which will undoubtedly sell for a lot more than you are being paid.
hobgoblin
black ice for a home system? sounds like a paranoid user to me nyahnyah.gif
hell, even gray ice may be over the top...
Jrayjoker
Seems reasonable. Except the black IC as noted previously.

What deck and utilities does the decker have?
ShadowDragon8685
Jray - I don't know yet. That's the problem. I don't even know IF we're going to have a decker at all.

That's why I'm designing it as a home invasion, and they can also get the mission data off the home telecom. It's not just a straight datasteal - they need to prevent the system from calling Lone Star.

Also, that was what I had envisioned - every IC after Active Alert is actually being streamed to this system by the corp mainframe.
Aku
i would say put SOME sort of low grade defense on the run info, unless for some reason the guy has appsolutely no reason to think the data is in trouble (say, it's a coded message within mama's home made chocolate cookies)
ShadowDragon8685
Aku: The incriminating Run data is simply the logfile of his incoming and outgoing transmissions. He's wiped the contents of the log manually, but he forgot to wipe the numbers.
Aku
hmm, ok, well, since that doesnt seem like any major info (alone), maybe they wouldnt be...
Edward
SSG tells us that the typical home telecom is a blue-4 8/8/6/6/6 with a single probe 2 program. But may be improved buy paranoid users at the GMs discretion.

A street dater term is green 4 8/8/8/8/8 with nothing nastier than blaster IC.

The question is how are they going to find the jack address to access a home data terminal. That will require hacking his local telecom grid

I would put scramble IC on the file myself

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012