Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumpshock.com Logo Contest!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Dumpshock News, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, & Discussion
Neuron Basher
So, our current Dumpshock logo has seen better days and we're in the market for a new one. I know there are some talented artists out there who would like to showcase their work -- but in case that's not enough, the winner of the contest will receive a copy of the hardcover SR4 rulebook (after they're released at Gencon, obviously).

The logo will be used on the forums and throughout the other Dumpshock sites in various ways. We'll wan't a copy of the original files from whatever application you use (Photoshop, Gimp, whatever) as well as a JPEG sample.

If you would like to enter, simply reply to this thread with a link to your submission(s). We'll be selecting a winner on August 8th. If you don't have anywhere to host your work, send me a PM and we can work something out.

FAQ:

Q: Are multiple submissions allowed?
A: Absolutely, the more the merrier!

Q: Are there any guidelines on what the judges are looking for?
A: Nope, we're pretty much open to anything at this point. Be creative and blow us away.

Q: Are animated logos okay?
A: Only if it's very, very suble. If you have any doubt, keep it static.
Aku
woohoo for my First submission!
Gorespawn
These are my submissions. I will edit this post as I come up with new ones.

Logo 1
Logo 2
Logo 3
Logo 4
Logo 5
Tarquinn
I tried to capture some of the flavor of decking (or hacking, as it's soon to be) here:

Dumpshocked!
Ecclesiastes
Tarquinn: I love that one! biggrin.gif
Neuron Basher
In the interest of getting some more entries, I'm extending the deadline to 8/8. Since the prize isn't available until after Gencon anyway, this shouldnt be a big deal.

Thanks to those who have already submitted entries, and the rest of you keep em coming!
Dammi
Hiya!

Here's my submission. Please note that the color scheme is just an initial proposal based on the colors I've seen around here, it can be adjusted as needed.

Link

Kind regards,

Dammi
Tanka
Mind if I ask what the random kanji says, Dammi?
FrostyNSO
My Crappy Submission

Obviously, it'll be easy to change color schemes on this one to fit whatever situation.

Edit: Now reliably hosted!
Tanka
Try using ImageShack for hosting. Works a lot better.

Also, most ISPs provide a small amount of space for hosting files (usually for having a family website or somesuch).
Dammi
QUOTE (tanka @ Aug 1 2005, 05:50 PM)
Mind if I ask what the random kanji says, Dammi?

Hiya!

Sure thing - it says 'shadowrun ressource'. However, I didn't know it was kanji (I just thought it looked cool). biggrin.gif Obviously, the text can be adjusted or dropped entirely.

Kind regards,

Dammi
Dammi
Hiya!

And here is another one, a little more streestyle. Unlike the last one, this comes in different sample colors:

Link

Kind regards,

Dammi
Neuron Basher
Dammi, the link to your second submission does not work.
Dammi
Hiya!

It should now.

Kind regards,

Dammi
runner139
My dumshock submission Heres my first submission, simple, but I hope effective enough. hell, worth a try .smile.gif
th_sleepy
Just thought that I might add one of my own. I went for simplicity, mainly because my technical skills are clearly inferior to those posted above!

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6914/du...umpshock1ww.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4642/du...mpshock54jl.gif

th_sleepy
th_sleepy
Here are a couple more. I'm having fun with this now smile.gif These are both variants of the same type of image, but with very different effects. I can shrink them easily enough, I just kept them large for resolution purposes. They are easier to edit that way and shrink later. Let me know what you think.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/9148/du...mpshock29kg.gif

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2748/du...mpshock38yy.gif

th_sleepy
Neuron Basher
And the winner is ...

Tarquinn

There were a number of great entries, but at the end of the day we just liked this one the best. Tarquinn is working with us now to make a few modifications to the design that we've requested, and I hope to unveil the new forums (complete with the new logo) shortly after Gencon.

Thanks for all the submissions!
Dammi
Grats, Tarquinn! smile.gif
Tarquinn
Thanks! I had a lot of fun coming up with a logo idea, and by the looks of things so did a lot of other people!
mintcar
Is this still in the works?
Tanka
QUOTE (mintcar)
Is this still in the works?

No, the winner was announced and the logo can now be seen in the upper-left hand corner of the site.
Adam
Well, half of that, at least... *g*
mintcar
Sorry, that's what I meant. I wanted to know if the rebuilding of the site was still happening.
Stumps
I see nothing new in the upper left hand corner of the site.

It's the same logo that DSF has always used.
Bullet Raven
is anything actually coming of this? :/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012