Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IRC based SR game, if anyone would be interested
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
SlowRain
I am interested in running an IRC based game on the Dumpshock server. Now, keep in mind, you shouldn't reply to this unless you're prepared to engage in a long-term game, because this certainly will be. If you are interested, here are the criteria.

1. You must have a well-thought-out character. A background story is a MUST.

2. No munchkins, rules lawyers, or other types that make the game suck.

3. Characters can be either new or somewhat experienced. (By somewhat experienced, I mean a level 3 initiate - or the mundane equivalent.) New characters may use either the priority or point system. Point system characters may have 125 points to start with.

4. This game is open to all character archtypes.

5. Custom equipment is allowed with approval from the GM (namely, me.)

6. Character sheets can be posted here or mailed to canislupisrex@yahoo.com. Sheets can be in .rtf, .txt, .doc, or HTML format.

This game is limited to 6 players, so the first ones that I am interested in having will be in. If you are interested in playing, let me know as soon as possible. I have one player already, so there are 5 slots left.
TheSaint
I migh be interested...I'll send you a character, let me know what you think.
CirclMastr
I'm interested, but what's the schedule going to be?
diskord
I'm inerested, but havent played SR since 1999 or so... so i'd be quite the noob for a while.....
SilverShadow
Also interested. Just sent you a character earlier this evening.
SlowRain
I'm inerested, but havent played SR since 1999 or so... so i'd be quite the noob for a while.....

Noobism is not a problem, as one of the players is just learning the game for the first time. So don't feel bad, you won't be the only one.

I'm interested, but what's the schedule going to be?

As for the schedule, that will depend largely on the players and when they are available. At the moment, I'm looking at weekends, Saturday or Sunday, evening or afternoon. Once I know everyone's availability, I'll be able to set down a more concrete time.
diskord
as long as my noobness isnt a issue... i've started writing up a charecter history for you... i understand the priority system, as in the one they explain in sr3, but what is the point method?
spun_zombie
i sent you an e-mail but to cover all my basses i wold defintly like to join if you can give me some info on the type of campain you will be running so my charicter wont be a big pain
SlowRain
i understand the priority system, as in the one they explain in sr3, but what is the point method?

The point system for creating characters is explained starting on page 13 of the Shadowrun Companion. If you do not have this book, don't worry about it - the priority system is fine.

i sent you an e-mail but to cover all my basses i wold defintly like to join if you can give me some info on the type of campain you will be running so my charicter wont be a big pain

As I said, this game is open to all character types. The campaign will be largely magical in nature, but that does not mean you must have a magical character. As it stands, I have a physad, a combat decker, and a shapeshifter-mage (who will be joining the game at a later point, most likely). Use your best judgement - choose the character/archetype you are most comfortable with. As long as it is a good character, I will be fine with it.
CirclMastr
Finishing up a character. Should be in your inbox tonight.
Foxx
I have a slightly used character that ran part of a run, then got bogged down. So she hasn't gotten much karma points.

I'll shoot the character you way and see what you think.
CirclMastr
So how many slots are left and how long will be it until the game starts?
SlowRain
Okay, here's the scoop, for those that are interested.

Thus far, we have three characters - a decker, a combat decker and a sammy. I will most likely bring in a character of my own into the game, a physad, and there is a shapeshifter-mage that will be joining us at a later time, so that brings the tally up to five. I had one more, but he dropped out. I also had one person who was going to send me a rigger, but I haven't gotten that character yet. Hopefully I will by the end of tonight.

If this is acceptable to you players, we can start as early as tomorrow (Sunday, June 30) - I have enough details worked out for the beginning of this game to pull this off easily. If not, though, the tentative start date for this game will be Saturday of next week, or Sunday (the 6th or 7th of August) at 5 in the afternoon, Eastern time. If this will cause scheduling conflicts, LET ME KNOW NOW.

Once again, this is going to be a long-running game. There will be periods of inactivity at times that will mostly be devoted to freeform play. Also, I tend to disregard rules sometimes, as I prefer the storytelling aspect of roleplaying to the dice-rolling parts. I am a pretty informal GM, so you may get away with things that other GMs won't allow. On the other hand, there are things that I will do my way, and if you don't like it you WILL be told to hit the road.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, I just want you guys and girls to know the basic ground rules before we start off. Let me know when you want to start, and we'll begin the game.
CirclMastr
Tomorrow at 5 eastern is fine with me.
Foxx
I'll probably be in about 5pm est time. Where are we going to be playing? I can't seem to locate the Dumpshock server.
CirclMastr
I just put in irc.dumpshock.com, #shadowrun. That seemed to work for me. Though I find out now that my family has been planning behind my back, so I may be late in coming today.
SlowRain
Okay, so, here we go. This game will be kicking off at 6:00 PM tonight (Sunday), Eastern time, or so, depending on when everyone shows up. Hopefully, you can all be on time, and lateness will be forgiven, seeing as how it's short notice and all.

Server: irc.dumpshock.com

Channel: #TheShadows

Hopefully, I'll be seeing you all there.
CirclMastr
One more change of plans later, and I'm back again. Such is my family. Once we've got a time nailed down, though, I can just tell them I have a weekly commitment.
SimpleRunner
Did the game work out? Did you need any more players?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012