Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Savior
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Ecclesiastes
My name is Frank Williams, but most people just know me as Savior. To me its more than a name though, its a way of life. The streets are full of trash and I've made it my life's quest to be the garbage man. Some people tell to me that I can't make a difference, at least not one big enough to matter. Well, tell that to the mom I returned her kid to last week or the orc I kept from taking a beating from a bunch of racists punks. It made a difference to them. And, well, it even made one to me I guess. It makes it easier to wake up and continue existing...

The barrens were dark tonight. Darker than normal. A dense cloud cover had rolled in late in the evening and now thunder rolled through the sky. Without the moon to shine its light down, the street lights that had been shot out were missed by many. Savior walked through the streets looking for someone in need, something that wasn't too hard to find in Redmond. The lack of light didn't effect him too much though, he had his eyes on the Astral to help him make his way through the streets. The Astral also helped him find the trouble he went out looking for each night, he just had to follow the stink of fresh background counts.

The hairs rose on the back of Savior's neck as a scream tore through the night. His enhanced hearing pinpointed the cry, no more than a block away. He instantly broke into a run down the block, guessing that he'd just need to get up the street, round the corner and that he'd find an alley not too far away. Coming up to the corner, the slowed and peeked around the corner. The street was clear, but then the large orc raised his nose and sniffed. Blood. The coppery aroma was close. He tilted his head, trying to pick up any more sounds of trouble, but lightening cracked overhead. He creeped along the street, eyes scanning the area, then he saw it. A small abandoned storefront with the door cracked open slightly. The stink of violence seeped through the Astral, centered on the small building. He bolted across the street and slid along the street as quickly as he could. The closer he got, the more the adrenaline coursed through his veins.

As he neared the building, the door opened up and a large figure stepped out onto the sidewalk, lighting up a cigarette. Savior sighed inwardly, the ganger was an orc and it both saddened and angered Savior at the same time. He hated killing his own kind, but he couldn't let any crime go unpunished. Savior moved in, sliding his katana from its sheath. Dumbass, don't you know that lighting up a smoke ruins your night vision? The ganger lifted his smoke to his lips and Savior moved in, sliding his katana in and resting it against his throat. He choked and Savior didn't give him time to recover.

"That scream. What is going on inside?"

"What the frag? Nothin' man!"

Yeah. Play dumb, good idea. He slid the blade, cutting into a few layers of skin.

"Whoa! Easy! It wasn't me man! Just a few of the guys having some fun with some slitch, no big deal man!"

"No big deal? You piece of drek."

The spray of blood rained out into the street and the ganger dropped into a heap at Savior's feet. The smell of the blood brought a shiver up his spine and made him start to salivate, but he was focused. He stepped towards the door and put his foot into it, kicking the door from its hinges. For an instant Savior's senses were overwhelmed. The background count on the astral, the smell of blood and sweat, the whimper of the girl cowering in the corner as four punks stood around laughing as one of their buddies took his turn with her. Savior's heart broke, I'm too late...

Anger. It rushed through him so quickly that he didn't even hear the roar that bellowed from him. The girl screamed, but hers was lost quickly, drowned out by those of her assailants. Blood splashed the walls, gore spilled onto the floor, and bodies fell with a thump. His rage subsided and Savior stood in the middle of the room, knuckles white around the hilt of his sword, his breath hard and panting.

"Tha... Thank you..."

Savior nodded, "Are there more?"

She shook her head, the weight of what had happened crashing down on her and she crumbled to the ground.

He moved to her side and put out his hand, "Come on, lets get you out of here, I've got some friends that will help you out."

At least I hope he can. Martin's halfway home has been overfilled lately.

She nodded meekly. He helped her to her feet and walked her to the door, "Wait outside, I'll be right there."

"What if more come?"

"I'll hear them. Just wait outside."

As the door closed behind her, Savior slid his katana back into his sheath and then pulled out a fine bladed knife and bent down over one of the bodies. He made one more glance at the door to make sure no one was watching, then cut away a slice of meat from the gangers arm. He wiped the blade clean and put it away, then pulled a ziplock bag from a pocket of his cargo pants. He dropped the meat into the bag, zipped it up, and put it in his pocket. Standing up, he sighed, A guy has to eat after all... My name is Frank Williams and I'm a ghoul.
Shadow
Martins halfway house was more than full, it was swimming in people who needed a place to sleep out of the acid rain and ganger infested streets. More now then ever with the recent violence the Red Caps had been perpetrating against everything that moved.

Ecclesiastes
Savior made his way through the throng of people crowded at Martin's Place. As he made his way through, people would smile, a few would even pat him on the back. These things once comforted the Hero of Redmond, but lately it was meaning less and less. What would they think if they knew the truth? That I may have to eat they'er corpse to stay alive...

"Frank!"

Savior couldn't help but smile as he stepped into Martin's back office to greet his old friend. The two of them went way back and each had saved the others life so many time they didn't bother to keep count any more.

"Hey Martin, how's it going? Busy night, huh?"

"Thats an understatement. Its never been so bad before man. I'm seriously out of ideas here. We're at triple the normal load. These Red Caps are the worst we've ever seen."

"I know... I had a run in with them earlier. Found them raping some poor girl."

"And you brought her here I bet. Frank, what do you want me to do? You can see the crowd out there..."

"I see it. Its just one night. Come on Marty, its been a rough night for the girl. They beat the drek outta her. Maybe see if Papa can take a look at her?"

Martin kept quiet, just looking at Savior, but he knew better, he knew Savior wouldn't leave until the girl was taken care of. He was like that with all the victims he brought in.

"Alright. Take her into the ward room and I'll see what I can do. Damnit Frank, you'll be the end of me."

"Not likely. Hey... what's the word been on the Red Caps? Things seem to be getting worse. That was the fifth time I've had to deal with them in the last two weeks."
Shadow
Martin shook his head.

"I havent heard anything really, other than they have been pushing hard for territory, and that they are prety well armed. You know, you could call Jessica, she might have something, or could dig up something. Major gang wars make good stories."

With a smile Martin looked around for the girl, "well, let me get her settled in, use my office if you need to." He left Frank standing there and headed for the girl.
Ecclesiastes
"Thanks buddy."

Frank closed the door to the office as Martin made his way out, shutting out the noise from the main hall. He slumpped down into the well beaten office chair and pulled his p-sec from his pocket. He connected it to his datajack and called Jessica.
Shadow
"Hi Frank, long time since I heard from you, what can I do for you omae?"
Ecclesiastes
"Hey chica! Its been too long... Hey... I was wondering if you are on the up and up with the drek going on out here involving the Red Caps... Hear any rumors?"
Shadow
Theres a pause on the other end... she must be getting a pen.

"Red Caps you say, used to be an all Dwarf gang but they started opening up a few years ago. I haven't heard anything lately but I have been working on SK's redev project. I could do some digging around for you, but it would cost you."

The playful tone in her voice indicates that she isn't talking about money.
Ecclesiastes
A grin slides over Savior's face, "Oh yeah? Like what? You know I don't pimp myself out anymore, no matter how fine you are."
Shadow
"I think your getting ahead of yourself. As much as I think I would enjoy that, its not what I mean. I'm looking for a girl, she went missing last week at a Rave in your neck of the woods. Her parents are," theres a pause, "friends of mine, and I told them I would do what I could. Can you look for her?"
Ecclesiastes
"I'm your man. Upload anything you got on her and I'll see what I can do."
Shadow
"Incoming."

It takes half a second for your PDA to chirp that it has received a download.

"I'll get looking into your gang right away, a gang war in Redmond could be big news, especially with SK's new proposed renovation project. Seeyah Orky, catch you across the bed."

The flirtatious elf cut the connection.

The download shows a 13 or 14 year old girl. She has long blond hair and glasses, seems like a normal kid. her name is Jessica Sutherland. She was last seen at a Rave, 6 days ago at a local warehouse often used by party goers for just such a purpose.
Ecclesiastes
Disconnecting the line, Savior glances down at the P-Sec. 23:00... still early enough that things should be going over there. May as well get to work.

He stood and made his way out of the office, stopping on his way out to make sure the girl he'd brought in was being taken care of and saying goodbye to Martin. Minutes later he was back on his Scorpion, rumbling through the streets of Redmond. He parked the bike a block away from the party, leaving it in an alley and setting the electro-shock alarm, then made his way towards the wearhouse. He kept his eyes pealed on both the real world and the astral.
Shadow
He heard them before he saw them, a ork, or a small troll, and a human. They were shadowing him, had been since he left his bike.
Ecclesiastes
Savior continued walking, like he hadn't noticed anything and then steps into the next alley he passes. Ducking down, he keeps one hand on his Predator and the other on his Katana. Slowly, he peeks his head out, watching them to see what they are up to.
Shadow
The two shadowers walk by slowly. It is an ork and a human. The ork peers real intent like into the darkness where you are hiding for a moment, then moves on. One is carrying a pipe or long pole of some kind, the other seems to not have anything in his hands.

Your astral vision reveals that they have some moderate cyberware, nothing heavy. There mood is calm, a little worried, and nervous.
Ecclesiastes
Savior steps out of the alley, lifts his pistol, aims, and fires off a silenced gel round at the orc's head. He then turns the gun to the human...

"I don't take kindly to people shadowing me. It makes me nervous. When I'm nervous, I do rash things.... Why are you making me nervous?"
Shadow
The Gel smacks the orc in the soft spot in the back of the head. He doesn't make a sound as he collapses. HIs partner turns and looks at his now dead companion and his deformed skull.

"Don't shoot man, you crossed into Purple Leather territory and we want to know why?"
Ecclesiastes
"Then why didn't you just ask me? Shadowing a guy who doesn't like to be shadowed can get you in trouble. And don't worry about your friend, I used a Gel round, he'll be fine...

To answer your question, my name is Savior and I'm looking for a girl. She was last seen at a club up the block here. You know this girl?"

With his free hand, Savior pulls out his PSec and brings up a picture of the girl, then shows it to the ganger. His other hand never wavers, holding the gun pointed at the guy.
Shadow
"We didn't know it was you man, we had to know before we could. That party was probably ours, we have been holding some raves up there pretty consistently. I don't recognize the girl though, lots of street meat there. Your welcome to go if your looking for something. I'll let the guys up ahead know."

The man bends down to check on the orc and then heads off up the street.
Ecclesiastes
Savior moves on, making his way up the street to the club and up to the front door.
Shadow
You didn't need eyes to find the place. The stink of sweat, urine, and who knows what else fills your nostrels a block away. The 'club' is an abandoned Costco, the aluminum wal reverbate with noise that people call music. The astral is filled with an achy joy, pain, death cloud that makes it hard to see. The human at the entrance is wearing a purple leather jacket, a generic SMG is slung on his hip. He nods at you when you aproach.

"Hoi Savior, we got no prob wit chew, chew got a prob wit us?"
Ecclesiastes
Savior shakes his head. "Naw man, you ain't nearly as big of a pain in my ass as those Caps are. Those guys are giving me problems... Anyhow, I'm lookin' fer some chica and I hear she hangs here sometimes."

He holds up the picture, "Seen her?"
Shadow
His aura tells you the truth, but his mouth lies.

"Notcha man, never layed eyes on the girl. Sweet girl though, bring her by we party."
Ecclesiastes
Savior leans in real close. "Hombre, you know who I am. You know what I'm about. Your lies stink on your breath. Where is the girl?"
Shadow
The man backs away fidgeting. His hand creeps toward the SMG.

"Hoi now, no need ta be puttin on da mask. Sure girl here an hour ago, went with Creeper in the back. He said not to say so."
Ecclesiastes
"Don't worry bout it, I won't let him know where I found out. And put that gun down before you get hurt."

Savior walked into the club and heads towards the back room, scanning the faces of those around him for any sign of hostility.
Shadow
the crowd parts as the big orc walks through. No one is interested in Savior or his actions. The back of the building is converted office rooms, they have all been turned into private rooms. 2 Humans with bandanas, knives and a shotgun stand guard outside of the largest room.
Ecclesiastes
Savior walks up to the guards and smiles as they puff up their chests like they mean bussiness.

"Behind that door is a girl. I want her. Now, we can handle this one of two ways. One, you let me punch each of you in the face and you fall down. No one will blame you for not being able to stand up to me and you get to live. Two... well... you won't like two, cause you'll get my shoes bloody and I just had them cleaned."
Shadow
The two guards looks at each other not sure what to do. The stupider of the two pumps his shotgun and glares back at the Orc.

"No one goes in till the boss gets doen with his new girl, you don;t like it tough."

The second guard (the one who knows who you are) steps sideways into the crownd and takes a few steps back.

Ecclesiastes
"Bad call."

Savior's magically enhanced reactions spring him into action. He reaches over his shoulder for the hilt of his Katana and brings it down in a flash, slicing right at the middle of the shutgun.
Shadow
The ceramic and plastics of the shotgun give away to the forged steel of the blade. It cuts through it like a hot knife through butter. Leaving the guard sputtering at his now useless shotgun.

"uh, go on in?"
Ecclesiastes
"Thanks."

Savior kicks the door and steps inside, katana still in hand.
Shadow
The door disintegrates under the ferocious impact of Saviors heal. The sharp scream from inside hits him as the sound proofing on the room is disrupted.

In the center of the room Jessica is being held down on her stomach, her shirt has been torn on her back and her upper body is exposed. The gang leader of the Purples is there holding her head while some hatchet man is cutting into her back. Next to them is the device they plan in putting in her. Frank knows what it is right away, an auto injector.

Used by pimps everywhere to keep there stable sedated, hooked, and obedient. There are two men in the room besides the leader, the doctor and a body guard. Three other girls sit in the corner, they look waisted, so they probably just underwent the procedure.
Ecclesiastes
Savior saw red.

The only question was who would die first. It took only a moment to decide. Savior's katana arcs, searching out the head of the doctor who would stoop to doing this kind of work.
Shadow
The head of the doctor wore the surprised look of a man who wasn't ready to die. But did anyways. It still wore the look when it landed in the lap of the body guard.
Ecclesiastes
"You should have known better..."

Those are the last words Creeper hears...
Shadow
The man holds his hands out to Savior in a 'stop' motion, "wait she's..." his words are cut off by the gurgle of the blade penatrating his lungs and ripping down through his stomach.
Shadow
The guard drops the decapitated head and runs for the door.
Shadow
The bullet smack the fleeing man square in the back. The compression shock from the gel round liquifies his blood sells sending his body into shock. He drops like a rag doll two feet from the door.

The room is empty, filled only with the quiet sobs of the teenagers who have been operated on.
Whizbang
As soon as the pressure let up, Jessica tried to get up. She knew she had to get out of here, but the combination of narcotics and the pain that trickled past the numbness hindered her movements. As she finally managed to sit up, the world was spinning. And what she saw terrified her. Even if they had been planning on doing bad things to her, she hadn't been prepared to see their dead corpses...or the bloodied katana of the one who had killed them. She fought off the urge to simply faint, and put this whole scene behind her. That wouldn't help anything. "Wha nouw?" she asked.
Ecclesiastes
Savior wiped the blade of his katana clean on one of the bodies that layed on the floor, then sheathed it. "Now we get all of you girls out of here."

Turning his Jamie, he asked her directly, "Can you walk?"

As he asked, he moved over towards the other three girls, trying to get a feel for their state of being. In the back of his mind, he called up the PSec attached via the datajack on his hip and put a call through to Doc Bloodmoney.
Whizbang
"If thu woom uld ust top thpinning." Jessica answered. Finally, the day was starting to look up. Unless... "U ith'int akin e ome ith thu?"
Ecclesiastes
Savior turns to Jessica, "Don't speak, I don't understand you anywanys. My name is Savior, some people are worried about you and I'm here to get you out of this. However, I'm not leaving these girls behind either."

He turns to the girls who have already had the surgery, "Can any of you walk? Lean on each other if you have to, I'm getting you out of here."
Shadow
The three girls in the corner are in a neer catatonic state. They respond to commands but thats about it. They get up and shuffle to the door like zombies.

Your phone beeps through to Doc Blood.

"The doctor is in" he says.
Ecclesiastes
"Hey Doc, its Savior. You up for an exchange? I've got three girls who just had auto-injectors inplanted in them against their will. If you take them out, you get to keep the hardware. Up for it?"

Savior leads the way out the door. On his way to the door he exchanges his Gel clip for some ExEx. Pistol in his right hand and his left hand on the hilt of the katana, he leads the way out.

"Follow me girls, I'm taking you somewhere safe."
Shadow
"Of course, bring them by."

The line goes dead.

The club outside continues without missing a beat. The guards who you scared of earlier are no where to be seen.
Ecclesiastes
Savior continues to lead the way out of the club and back to the street outside. He keeps his eyes everywhere, making sure no one is coming after them.

Once outside, he leads the small band of drowsy girls into a nearby alley, then turns to them, "Alright ladies, we're going to get dirty. I'm gunna take care of you, you'll just have to trust me on that. I've got a doctor who'll fix you right up. The dirty part is that we're going to travel through the sewers. I don't want to take any chances that we get followed and I've got some contacts down there that can make sure we're safe."

He lifted the lid to the sewer grate and motioned them all down. They went down like zombies, poor girls... I'm gunna owe the Purple's for this one...

He lead them threw the twists and turns and did the best he could to ignore the stench of the sewers that assulted his enhanced senses. About thirty minutes later, they emerged back into the night air, accross the street from where Doc Bloodmoney had setup shop. Savior led the way, opened the door, and motioned the girls inside.
Shadow
"Well hellooo" the doctor said as the girls came marching in.

"Like marionettes I see."

He started with Jessica, he had her sit down on a operating chair and lean over. After a few minutes of examining her he gave her a loca on her back and stitched her up.

He started on the other girls.

"You can wait outside with your friend Savior, these others will take a few hours to remove. I gave the girl a neutralizing agent so she should be coherent in a few minutes."
Ecclesiastes
"Thanks Doc."

Savior helps Jessica back out into the waiting room and gets her into a chair. He takes a seat next to her and leans back.

"You said something back when I first showed up. It sounded something like you not wanting me to take you somewhere... care to explain? Cause thats why I came looking for you."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012