Ecclesiastes
This game is a solo story.
Ecclesiastes
Perception: 11 02 01 01
+Smell: 04 04
+Hearing: 10 09 05 05 05 03 03 03 02

Astral Perception: 11 08 04 04 03 02 02 01
Ecclesiastes
I'm going to aura scan each of them, trying to get a feel for their emotional state, magic ability, and any cyber installed.

Troll/Orc: 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 01
Human: 22 05 05 04 04 02 01 01

5 successes on each, should tell me everything about them.
Shadow
Hmm, there following you, and doing a good job of it, you hear them more than you see them. So I am not sure you can look at them long enough to assence them without just standing there and staring at them.
Ecclesiastes
Oh, and I forgot to roll Stealth to hide in the alley.... or are they right on top of me?

Stealth: 14 10 08 04 03 02 02 01

If I make the stealth check, maybe they loose me and walk on by, so I can watch them from behind them.
Ecclesiastes
Which is carrying the club? The orc or the human?
Shadow
Orc
Ecclesiastes
Free action: Call shot to head
Simple Action: Aim
Simple Action: Fire (gel round, base damage 7M Stun)

Pistols: 15 14 05 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 02 (16 Successes)
Shadow
Just so you know, I don't do called shots. Aiming is as good as it gets. Not that it makes a dif in this situation.
Ecclesiastes
I'd like to think that with Savior's skill, he could make the shot not kill the guy, just knock him out (call that the 'called shot' part of it if you want). Here are some social rolls for the questioning...

Street Etiquette: 08 07 05 04
Physical Intimidation: 05 04 04 01

Good Rep 2 (the reason I used my name in the post)
Shadow
Dude, you got 16 successes. Hes dead. Gel rounds aren't a 'stun' setting. They do less damage thats all. But seeing as how you didn't intend to kill him, I will give you a break. Just bear that in mind in the future when you shoot someone, they could die, no matter what kind of rounds you are using.
Ecclesiastes
Actually, Gel round are stun. Granted, the stun damage can overflow into physical, but gel rounds do -2 power and the damage is stun instead of physical. Either way, thanks for not killing him... smile.gif
Shadow
Yes they start off with stun damage. But 16 Successes kicks you right over to deadly physical. guns are dangerous, they kill people, regardless of the kind of ammo you have.

mad.gif
Ecclesiastes
Another set of perception checks as I near the club and check it out.

Perception: 05 04 03 01
Smell: 11 04
Hearing: 10 05 04 04 04 04 03 01 01

Astral: 11 10 10 04 04 04 03 02
Ecclesiastes
Intimidation: 08 05 03 02
Shadow
And thats 2 karma for Savior
Ecclesiastes
Katana: 20 10 10 10 08 07 05 05 05 05 05 05 05 05 04 04 03 02

Dikoted, base damage is 12S
Ecclesiastes
I'm trying to get a surprise round here and take out the doctor before anything moves foward.

Reaction: 10 08 08 05 04 04 03 03 01
Shadow
I think you got it.
Ecclesiastes
Init: 21
Shadow
You go first.
Ecclesiastes
Attacking the leader, reach used to reduce me TN to 3.

Katana: 07 04 04 04 03 03 03 02 01 01

Base damage is 12S
Ecclesiastes
Anyone else left in the room? Guards?
Shadow
Theres the gang leader and one guard.

oops, i was waiting for you to roll init... and you already did! Hehe.
Ecclesiastes
Does he make it out the door? I was going to put a Gel round into him. I don't want a big rampage going on outside.
Ecclesiastes
In case he doesn't, here is my roll.

Free action, quickdraw Predator: 14 08 05 04 04 03 03 01 (successfull)
Simple: Aim (reducing his movment modifier)
Simple: Fire (TN should be 3): 09 07 07 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 02 02 02 01 01 01 (9 Successes, base damage is 7M stun, staged to 7D stun + 7M Physical)
Ecclesiastes
I'm confused. Whizbang keeps calling herself Jessica, but the data I got on her said the name was Jamie. Which is it?
Shadow
Jessica. As it says in IC.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Shadow)
"Incoming."

It takes half a second for your PDA to chirp that it has received a download.

"I'll get looking into your gang right away, a gang war in Redmond could be big news, especially with SK's new proposed renovation project. Seeyah Orky, catch you across the bed."

The flirtatious elf cut the connection.

The download shows a 13 or 14 year old girl. She has long blond hair and glasses, seems like a normal kid. her name is Jessica Sutherland. She was last seen at a Rave, 6 days ago at a local warehouse often used by party goers for just such a purpose.

Jessica is the name of my Media contact. They both have the same name then and the data she gave me was wrong?
Shadow
I don't get it, your quote says Jessica.
Ecclesiastes
AHHH!!! Your edit-foo is strong!
Ecclesiastes
Shadow: Does this sound like Blood Magic to Savior?

Magic Threats: 15 05 02 02
Shadow
Very much so.
Ecclesiastes
Aura Reading: 15 11 07 05 04 03 03 02
Shadow
She is telling the truth, and ver distraught. You have no idea why she would be special to a blood mage. She is magically active though.

Go ahead and do the call to Todd.
Ecclesiastes
Shadow, we'll need a post from you letting us know how things go getting to the bike and back to my apartment. Good thing I got a bike big enough for a second rider.
Ecclesiastes
Guys, I'm off for the weekend. Over worked and over stressed. A buddy invited me up to his cabin for the weekend to get away from things for a few days. I'll post when I get back.
Ecclesiastes
*drums fingers on desk, waiting for Shadow to give him something to kill*
Shadow
Sorry for my absence, I was abruptly tasked out to do a Win2k to Win Xp migration. Professionally it is a lot of fun smile.gif but I have little to no access to my games. I will try to catch up and post today. But I suspect this will go on through Friday. Sorry frown.gif
Ecclesiastes
Its cool man, stuff happens to me all the time too. How are things looking now? Getting more free time yet?
Whizbang
Well, I'm heading off to Dragon*Con soon...see you guys Monday evening/Tuesday afternoon.
Ecclesiastes
Alright, its been like a month sence we've done anything with this game. Lets get back on track.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012