Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which IEs were...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hyzmarca
It is a commonly known fact amongst some circles that neither John Kennedy nor Elvis are actually dead. They faked their deaths and are living together on a private island owned by Aristotle Onassis.

This leads to the question, what if they are still alive in the Sixth World? If JFK and Elvis are, in fact, Immortal Elves? It can be a good hook for some run. Perhaps a conspiricy nut has some evidence that the IEs would rather have destroyed.

Which known IEs would have been most likely to assume these personas?
Herald of Verjigorm
Obviously they were Ehran and Harlequin after a rather questionable series of bets.
Specifically, Ehran was Elvis after a very bad wager related to the success of zepplins as a means of mass transit. Similarly, Harlequin has actually been showing up repeatedly as some Kennedy or another and "dying" in a visible manner as part of his end of a questionable gamble about the dominance of cola companies.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Obviously they were Ehran and Harlequin after a rather questionable series of bets.
Specifically, Ehran was Elvis after a very bad wager related to the success of zepplins as a means of mass transit. Similarly, Harlequin has actually been showing up repeatedly as some Kennedy or another and "dying" in a visible manner as part of his end of a questionable gamble about the dominance of cola companies.

Does Billy Beer play a role in this theory?
bclements
Better question: When doesn't Billy Beer play a role in this theory?
Mr. Man
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Obviously they were Ehran and Harlequin

No Herald, you see: Bubba Ho-Tep was a documentary and the events happened in real time.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Mr. Man)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Aug 10 2005, 09:12 PM)
Obviously they were Ehran and Harlequin

No Herald, you see: Bubba Ho-Tep was a documentary and the events happened in real time.

Right. JFK is black. Harlequin isn't. So, JFK is a black male immortal elf who used a Physical Mask spell to avoid skin color discrimination.
blakkie
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Aug 10 2005, 10:22 PM)
....JFK is black. Harlequin isn't....

How easily the sheep are mislead.
fistandantilus4.0
Aina got any relatives (besides Thais that is)?
northern lights
this really makes you wonder what dunk meant about anyone *proving* they shook hands with JFK
fistandantilus4.0
wonder if Harlequin'll try to claim that one

"sure I did. What? Really, who's gonna argue with me here?"

Aina"ahem"
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
wonder if Harlequin'll try to claim that one

"sure I did. What? Really, who's gonna argue with me here?"

Aina"ahem"

Harli shows up at the Draco Foundation.

What do you mean I need a picture! I am JFK!
Foreigner
Strange...

I thought that *I* killed Kennedy...

Odd. Oh, well--I suppose that I got the REAL one....

Harlequin and Ehran must have been the pretenders--for Kennedy and Presley, respectively--who kept showing up in the headlines after the real ones were dead ....

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Foreigner)
Strange...

I thought that *I* killed Kennedy...

Odd. Oh, well--I suppose that I got the REAL one....

Harlequin and Ehran must have been the pretenders who kept showing up in the headlines....

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner

Nah, you were hired by the real Kennedy. The guy in the car was a lookalike actor.
Foreigner
Hmm...

I hadn't thought of *THAT* possibility....

Faulty intelligence-gathering, I suppose.

I should've learned never to entrust something that vital to underlings....

Oh, well.

As much as I *abhor* admitting it, not even *I* am perfect.

<SIGH>

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
fistandantilus4.0
now I want underlings

I wonder if Harlequin ever did go around imperosnating famous dead people, just for kicks? that'd be great.
tisoz
Like King Arthur or Richard the Lionheart?
Canis
I don’t know about JFK or Elvis, but I know Jack Nicholson is an IE (look at SOTA 2064 pg 118) the proof is out there.
Foreigner
Canis:

Now *THERE'S* a thought....

Do you suppose that Harlequin and Jack "The Joker" Napier (Nicholson's role in BATMAN (1989)) are related?

There seems to be a strong resemblance....

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Canis
Ohhh, spooky cool.gif
fistandantilus4.0
So that's where Harlequin's personal fortune really came from: he created Batman.
After all, shouldn't the Joker being getting royalties? (assuming your following the movie origins and not the comic books, in which it was just some street guy later killed by the Reaper. That's the limits of my DC -fu BTW)
Foreigner
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 13 2005, 10:28 PM)
So that's where Harlequin's personal fortune really came from: he created Batman.

fistandantilus3.0:

IIRC, Batman was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger sometime in 1938. His first appearance was in DETECTIVE COMICS #27, in May, 1939.

Using your line of reasoning, Harlequin *COULD* have been living under one of those names--and passing himself off as a human--during that time.

By way of comparison, Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster, and introduced in ACTION COMICS #15, in June, 1938.

For those of you who might not collect them, comic books are usually graded, in descending order, as follows-- "New", "Mint" (M), "Near Mint" (NM), "Very Fine" (VF), "Fine" (F), "Very Good" (VG), and "Good" (G).

Comics originally issued fifteen or fewer years ago (i.e., since about 1990 as of the present date) aren't usually graded any worse than "Fine"; however, comics older than that are very difficult to find in better condition than "Good" to "Very Good".

Finding such an old comic in better condition than "Good" to "Very Good" is nearly impossible.

Therefore, an example of either one in such condition is considered the "Holy Grail" of comics. For example, in April 2003, a copy of ACTION COMICS #15--in Very Good (VG) condition--sold at auction for U.S.D. $64,526.00.

A copy of either of the above issues in Very Fine (VF) to Near Mint condition could bring upwards of U.S.D. $100,000 to $200,000.

Bear in mind that the quoted figures are in current dollars. A copy of either in the SR universe--hey, it could happen wink.gif--would be worth several hundred thousand Nuyen.

Who knows? It might even be a good idea for a 'run. nyahnyah.gif

Runner team leader: "Excuse me? You want us to get WHAT for you?!?"

Mr./Mrs./Ms./Miss Johnson #4372: "A copy of Action Comics #1 from 1938, in Near Mint condition, please. I've *ALWAYS* wanted one for my comic-book collection. I believe that Lofwyr has one in *HIS* personal collection...."

Runner team (collectively): <GULP> eek.gif

--Foreigner
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012