Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Into the Abyss
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Shadow
Welcome to the Out of Character thread for Into the Abyss. Without further ado, here are the players who will be in the game.

Primary
Dashifen
Method
Doc Funk
Ecce
Ninja Please
Raiko
BearClaw
Gryo
Slipshade
Whizbang

I went with a larger group than I normally do. Mainly I am anticipating people dropping. If enough people drop I will look at the other characters that where submitted to fill in.

Now I want character sheets smile.gif Hopefully since you have had weeks and weeks to get started on them this should be relatively quick.

Etiquette

Everyone has their own opinion on what is right and not right on the board. Luckily this is my game so only my opinion counts vegm.gif

No sigs in the IC. If you accidentally post with a sig please remove it asap.

No speaking or thinking for other characters. If you want everyone to know how hot you are find a way to do it without putting words or thoughts into other characters minds and mouths.

Use Italics for thoughts. Use "" for talking out loud.

It is most likely that people will have subdermal mikes or transducers. So when talking on the radio use yellow.

You declare your action in the IC post and post your dice results in the OOC thread. Please no spoiler tags in the IC with dice rolls. When you do post your rolls, post everything you can think of to avoid me having to ask for more, like complimentary skills.

It is your responsibility to make me aware of any modifiers that your character has do to Cyberware and abilities. For example:

Shoot target
Smartlink: -2TN
Aiming: -1
Lowlight Vision

Please do not add up any modifiers for light conditions or anything else you do not directly control.

Be civil at all times, respect the other players in the group.

Posting often per day makes for a good game, post when you can. I will post several times a day between 7:00 am and 3:30 PM Alaska Daylight Time.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, if I do I will post it. So lets get those sheets rolling in. Feel free to talk IC to get to know each other.
Slipshade
Shadow, are you ok with me only posting once a day, or once every other day when work gets really busy?

Slip
Shadow
How often would it be every other day?
Slipshade
Hard to say, I tend to have floating deadlines and I am going to be switching jobs in a month, so you never can tell.

Right now, I am extremely busy, but other times I can post multiple times in a day. I always try to post more often in combat situations, So I don't bog a game down.

Slip
Shadow
Should be fine.
Slipshade
Great. I will try to get Six's character sheet finalized and over to you today.

And if I ever do lag to far behind, feel free to kill me off in the most horrific way possible. biggrin.gif
Bearclaw
What format do you want the characters in, and do you want them PM'd or emailed?
Shadow
Thank you, I knew I forgot something. I would like the sheets in a cleen, nice looking format. Word, excell, whatever. Just not the default HTML output from NSRCG.

please email them to: kelvaris(at)shadowgames(dot)us
Bearclaw
Wishbone's away!
Shadow
I should add not to use the XML format from NSRCG either. I can't look at it at work.
Slipshade
Shadow - Are we supposed to know each other or worked as a team before?
Shadow
You guys are welcome to work up shared history's if you wish, but it is not mandatory.
Slipshade
Well, I will post the brief synopsis of my character here and we can start working on backgrounds if we so choose.

John Creed

Street Name: Six

Ex-Lone Star
Pistol Sam, B&E

Background: John Creed is a broken man. He used to believe in the system and that what he was doing was right. At least until he found his partner dead next to three dead hookers, his nose dusted with coke and John's missing Ruger Thunderbolt laying on the floor. He knew it was a setup before he heard the sirens blaring from around the corner. Lone Star lost seven badges that day. John's partner and the six corrupt bastards that tried to take him down. Knowing the Lone Star state was too hot, John had to bolt. With a little help from a few remaining friends on the force and one that had jumped to Knight Errant, John found his way to Seattle. His buddy offered him a job with KE, but he just didn't have it in him anymore. He knew that even though Lone Star wasn't the top dog in Seattle, they would still be gunning for him, so he faded into the Seattle shadows, where he remains.

John as worked the shadows of Seattle for about 5 years now. His friend hooked him up with a Dwarven Fixer named Bones and he has done a number of jobs ranging from muscle and bodyguard work, to security and investigation.
Shadow
Slip, I was looking over your character and I noticed you had Ambidexterity 8 as a edge. You know that only applys to Unarmed combat right?
Slipshade
Hmm, guess I was used to a house rule and didn't think about asking.

How about:

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
I'll shoot you over a new character sheet
Raiko
Shadow, I'm sending an updated character sheet for Mirage now.

As far as shared histories go, Mirage already knows Ecc's character Jesse, she's worked for Zoe a fixer that both Shadow and Grendel have used on these boards, and has previous experience (and a good rep) as a bodyguard so she could have met Gyro's character.

I'll post a proper description/bio later (it's almost 3am here sleepy.gif)
Ecclesiastes
Guys, I'm off for the weekend. Over worked and over stressed. A buddy invited me up to his cabin for the weekend to get away from things for a few days. I'll post when I get back.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 12 2005, 04:51 PM)
Slip, I was looking over your character and I noticed you had Ambidexterity 8 as a edge. You know that only applys to Unarmed combat right?

Since when? The 4th rank in Ambidexiterity only benefits firearms (changing the modifier to +0/+0). Or are you using a house rule that I completely missed? Also, do we have any extra resources to play with, or just that 50 Karma? Or can I be especially lazy and just turn in an old character sheet or something? biggrin.gif Oh, and does Cosmo's skyboard (a vector-thrust drone) count as a vehicle or drone for purposes of your "no custom vehicles, only drones" rule?
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Raiko: I'd be open to your character knowing mine.
I will also get to posting all needed info very shortly.
Shadow
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 12 2005, 04:51 PM)

Since when? The 4th rank in Ambidexiterity only benefits firearms (changing the modifier to +0/+0). Or are you using a house rule that I completely missed? Also, do we have any extra resources to play with, or just that 50 Karma? Or can I be especially lazy and just turn in an old character sheet or something? biggrin.gif Oh, and does Cosmo's skyboard (a vector-thrust drone) count as a vehicle or drone for purposes of your "no custom vehicles, only drones" rule?

Well I am going by the cannon companion rule, where it only applys to unarmed combat smile.gif I will look at it again to make sure.

You can use the same sheet for Coz that you used in Gate Technologies if you wish.
Ol' Scratch
There's two sets of rules within the same rule, one for unarmed and one for ranged. smile.gif Ambidexterity 3 (6 points) is the only one that really has any impact on unarmed/armed combat. The other ranks are solely for firearms, reducing the penalty by -1 per rank.
Method
Shadow: I am hard at work on a sheet for Vertigo. My posts may be a little sparse this week because I'm getting ready to take a huge test this Saturday (MCAT) but by the time things get rolling I should be able to post 2-3 times daily during the week and at least daily on weekends.

Gyro: it seems likely that Tiptoes and Vertigo might know each other, at least in passing.
Method: Sounds good. Both Raiko and Method: under what circumstances are you thinking of your characters knowing Tiptoes, and what history/grudges might be present, if any? Given that Tiptoes tends to be taciturn and withdrawn, they may think he is arrogant or snide. On the other hand, they might respect him somewhat for his hard work and calm demeanor. Or, they could just know him from various people and have gathered all sorts of different impressions.
QUOTE (Shadow)
Thank you, I knew I forgot something. I would like the sheets in a cleen, nice looking format. Word, excell, whatever. Just not the default HTML output from NSRCG.

Now, if I were to, say, turn the output into a .pdf or similar file, would you accept this? Or do you just not like the layout NRSCG puts things in?
Ninja Please
I'm still on vacation and away from a computer that I can use for any serious amount of time. I should be back tuesday/wednesday and can get you my sheet then. After that I don't expect any sustained delays
Ol' Scratch
If anyone would like to include Cosmo as a past associate to any degree, I'm more than willing to work it in. He's been in the "biz" for a few years now, mostly being hired for more behind-the-scenes and tech-oriented runs where his -- hmm, let's just call it "lack of combat finesse" -- wasn't much of an interference. While he couldn't hit the broad side of a troll at point blank range with a tactical nuke, his technical and jury-rigging expertise is out of this world. Though despite being a burnt-out shell of the drek-hot decker he was once upon a time, he's still pretty good at shuffling his way through the technomantic waves of the 'Trix, and may have been hired for such operations in the past, too.
Dashifen
Gah! Missed the OOC thread. I'll send you Gin later tonight when I get home. I don't have her with my other characters on my USB jump drive. I wonder, sometimes, if I'm the only person who carries around a bevy of characters for different games on such a device just in case I happen to stumble upon a herd of wild gamers in the wildeness, or something .... biggrin.gif

Dr. Funk: I can probably work Cosmo into Gin's background at some point. Female ork shaman with a focus on infiltration and subterfuge rather than guns and explosions. PM me if you want to work somthing out. If not, no bigee.
Bearclaw
Hi guys, sorry for the delay, I was out of town all weekend.
It seems we've got two Orc Shamans, but that should go OK.
Here's a little write up for Wishbone:

[ Spoiler ]

He's been freelancing long enough that he could easily have worked with everyone in the party at one point or another.
Shadow
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 12 2005, 12:40 PM)

Now, if I were to, say, turn the output into a .pdf or similar file, would you accept this? Or do you just not like the layout NRSCG puts things in?

I don't like the layout the NSRCG puts things in.
Slipshade
Well Six has been working the Seattle shadow for 5 years so it is conceivable that he has worked with a few of you, but he does keep a low profile, so he either way works for me.
Shadow
Works got me busy today, wont be able to post much
And character sheet is sent!
Dashifen
Gin is on her way to you in PDF format. Got a weird error after hitting send and closing the program, though, so if you don't see her later on let me know and I'll resend.
Ecclesiastes
My sheet is done, just need to type it up in a txt file for Shadow and his stupid not liking NSRCG format and making me do extra work butt.
Ecclesiastes
Character sent.
Ol' Scratch
I'm going to be a few more days, unfortunately. I'm having trouble remembering how to make a character (stupid memory) and am struggling a bit. Sorry for the delay. I didn't want you guys to think I was bailing though. smile.gif
Ninja Please
Finally back to my computer. Here is the initial version of the char sheet. I'll send another one with a short backstory / personality overlay thursday or friday. This is enough to play off of if you want to start.
Shadow
Sorry for my absence, I was abruptly tasked out to do a Win2k to Win Xp migration. Professionally it is a lot of fun smile.gif but I have little to no access to my games. I will try to catch up and post today. But I suspect this will go on through Friday. Sorry frown.gif
Shadow
Ok so the storm has passed and i can post again. I have gotten six characters, still waiting on Doc and a few others. I would like to start on monday... but if we can't we can't.
Method
I'm back as well. I survived my MCAT and currently I'm working on surviving the post-MCAT hang over. Now that I have some time my character sheet will be forth coming...

Shadow
Currently I have...

Davind Armstrong
Gin
Mirage
Six
Wishbone
Jessie

thats 6, Coz would be 7, Whizbangs as yet unamed character would be 8, who else am I missing?

Sorry for the delays, but I just found out last week that I am going to be a dad again smile.gif

Great news all around, but it kept me busy.
Whizbang
Still stuck on the last couple details...
Dashifen
Congrats!!! grinbig.gif eek.gif eek.gif grinbig.gif eek.gif grinbig.gif
Ecclesiastes
You left Jessie off the list. smile.gif
Shadow
yeah yeah, fixed smile.gif
Slipshade
Congrats Shadow - Welcome to the wonderful world of multiple children. Glad to have ya in the club. smile.gif

Slip
Bearclaw
Congrats Shadow.
Don't worry about hurrying. We'll be here when you're ready.
QUOTE (Shadow)
Currently I have...

Davind Armstrong
Gin
Mirage
Six
Wishbone
Jessie

thats 6, Coz would be 7, Whizbangs as yet unamed character would be 8, who else am I missing?

Sorry for the delays, but I just found out last week that I am going to be a dad again smile.gif

Great news all around, but it kept me busy.

You have Tiptoes-I just shot you off an email about it being an Excel file. I don't know why your computer labeled it .dat. Must be the default extension, I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012