Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Balance Due
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
BishopMcQ
Alright folks, I'm pressing on and starting the game.

Nightcrawler--Get your character in as soon as you can.

I'm having the game start as everyone gathers together to compare notes and decide how they want to plan the offensive.

Game on.
Ecclesiastes
So basicly, we've already all made up our minds to go against the Templars, will be self funded, and IC starts off with us getting together to talk about it?

Just clarifying.
BishopMcQ
Yep, and funding can always be gathered from interested parties if you need it or taking it as you climb your way up the chain. Use your enemies' resources against them...
BishopMcQ
As per usual, I am maintaining an online version of everyone's characters...I will also post images and maps there as needed.

http://geocities.com/bishop96_1999/ThePrize.htm
HeySparky
Edana (until I find something more suitable).
Shadow
I'll get you my sheet in a few hour McQ. Work has suddeny become *gasp* time consuming! How dare they, those bastards. smile.gif

I will post IC after words.
Fenris
McQuillan - Resent a new character sheet. Realized after Spark's first post that I forgot to add my ally spirit into the sheet. Also purchased another low-level spell with last minute karma wink.gif
HeySparky
Final, final Edana sent in. You'll need to adjust her karma pool because of the jiggery pokery I had to do to give her the right amount of spendable karma.

She spent 8 karma on 40k, in case you don't catch it on her sheet.
Nightcrawler472
Well, since I'm on a different time than you lot, you should get my character at something like midday, depending on what parental-unit wants me to do.

Well, back to working on him...
HeySparky
I am a hopeless tinkerer.

The Real and Truly Final Edana is in now (sent early this morning if I recall correctly).
Shadow
Perception(He has enhanced sense -smell):

09 05 04 01 01 01

complementary: Stealth

16 09 05 04 03 02 02 02 02 01 01
Fenris
Nightcrawler: McQ wanted me to let you know that you're the ganger piloting my bike into the meet wink.gif

Spellcasting:

Mindlink @ Force 3: 20 11 11 05 04 03 03 03 02 02 01 01 01 01 (5 successes)
Drain (2S): 21 05 04 03 03 03 02 02 02 01
No drain

Improved Reflexes @ Force 1(into focus): 20 16 11 10 09 03 03 03 03 02 02 01 (4 successes)
Drain (2D): 22 10 07 05 05 05 04 01
Drops the drain to a light, Trauma Dampener takes care of that.

Armor @ Force 6 (into focus): 09 08 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 02 02 01 01 01 (2 successes)
Drain (5M): 13 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 02 02
No drain

Physical Mask @ Force 3: 09 08 08 05 05 05 05 05 04 04 03 02 02 02 01 01 01 01 01 01 (10 successes)
Drain (3M): 08 07 05 05 01 01 01 01
No drain
(Changed to look like a human male, 5'10", non-descript brown hair and eyes wearing the same clothes, black turtleneck and black slacks)

Conjuring

Great Form Wind Spirit @ Force 5: 10 06 04 03 03 (2 successes)
Centering for additional successes: 05 04 04 02 01 01 (no help)
Drain (5M): 10 08 08 08 04 04 03 02 01 01
No Drain
(used 1 point of karma)

Invoking Test for Great Form (2x5=10-6=4+1=5): 09 05 04 03 02 01
Drain (4M): 23 09 07 05 04 03 02 01 01 01
No Drain

+3 points of armor.
Buddha72
Stealth (+12 for Ruthenuim and +4 to sound based detection)
11 11 09 04 04 02 01 01 (without the above adds)

Perception (sight)
16 08 07 04 03 02

Have Vision Mag 3, low light, and eye lights.

Perception (sound)
10 08 05 04 04 03 03 02 01 01 01

Have Hearing Amp, Dampener and Select Sound Filter 5.

Will nestle down in some debris to have LOS to Kraxus within 100 meters if possible.
Fenris
Etiquette test for the introductions: 10 10 08 05 05 04 03 01

Perception Test (checking for weapons, etc.): 11 05 04 03 03 01

Low light, Eye Light systems, Vision Mag 3
Shadow
Are you guys meeting Ecce and I? Or someone else... and am I the only one a litte lost?
Fenris
I think from the way McQuillan set us up that everyone's currently at the meeting location except for Gellawyn. I thought Eccy and you showed up first, in McQ's initial post, then Edana, then Rowan, then myself.
HeySparky
That's my understanding as well. Fen's I mean. And Nightcrawler? Where's NC's PC?
BishopMcQ
Ok, sorry folks--my intro was somewhat off...I was trying to give people as much space as they needed since there is no Johnson or Fixer for this run.

Shadow/Ecc--You two were at the meet site early to clear it out.

Enter Edana--Rolling up in the Brumby.

Enter Rowan...her soul cleansed of Sin.

Enter Kraxus and Crisis...Gellawyn is off in the distance, Crisis is working with the Ancients and drove Kraxus in to the meet.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, thanks. Cause I was totally lost. Question though... how is this all setup? Is Bishop putting a team together, are we like-goaled people that met online and wanted to meet to discuss what we can do about the threat, what? How do we all know each other?
Fenris
Kraxus and Gellawyn know that Bishop is an ex-Templar interested in hunting down existing Templars. They know nothing about anyone else, and had their information handed to them through a contact. I assume Crisis has a similar situation.
Nightcrawler472
Ok, in future I'll learn not to send things when I'm half asleep, as you tend to miss bits.

McQ - I'll send you another .rtf with Crisis' contacts on in a minute.

Edit:

Also, since I'll be coming in with the other Ancients biker(s), I'll wait for McQ to write them in before I do anything.
Fenris
Errr..Nightcrawler, you're already in. McQ has you set up as the biker that drove me to the meet, the one I was talking to.
Nightcrawler472
Bah!

I blame the distinct lack of caffeine I've had so far.

I'll post in a minute then, but first...

COFFEE!
BishopMcQ
Shadow--It looks like everyone has shown up except perhaps Buddha, but he's planning to stay hidden until called in.
Shadow
Yeah I figured, is his character close enough for DT's enhanced senses to pick up?
BishopMcQ
Shadow--Make a perception test. Your TN is listed above in Buddha's post...
Fenris
[Edit]Mispost.[/Edit]
Shadow
37? Naah, I'll just let him have it smile.gif

Not like I think hes going to attack or anything... though it is Buddha....
Buddha72
HEY!!! smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Sorry for not posting yet, work is killing me again. Weekend is coming though, so I'll have something soon.
Shadow
Did I not tell you it was the greatest Pizza place on earth!!!

I am assuming you ate there since your move smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Haven't tried them yet, but I've only heard good things.
HeySparky
Perception for Herne (6 dice):
10 07 05 04 03 01

He's looking for unwanted attention toward the group, potentially, though not necessarily in the wake of Crash's noisy arrival. He's considerably less trusting than Edana is.

I hate to be that player... but my PC's name is Edana, not Edna. Not picking on you Shadow, it happened in Chasing, I just never said anything.

Were I to name her again, I think I would pick something less frumpy, but she and I, we're both stuck with it. Just like real life! smile.gif
Shadow
BTW I felt like you were channeling "the Main Man" there, have you ever read Lobo? By DC comics?
BishopMcQ
indifferent.gif ..... indifferent.gif Nope, never read that one...
Digital Heroin
Had a weird work week, but back on track now... and yes, Rowan is crazy enough to make a suprise appearance -inside- of a meeting place.
BishopMcQ
Just to check, who has spell defense up and on whom?
Buddha72
Fenris is in class all day but he wanted me to post an answer so he didn't hold up the game. He has spell defense up on us and our biker friend. The ally spirit also has spell defense on us as well.
HeySparky
Herne is protecting himself, Edana herself (she's not tying up sorcery dice) and is allocating all 3 dice of Shielding to cover Bishop.
Fenris
More specifically, Fuer'yon has [10] Spell Defense on himself, me, Gellawyn, and Crisis. In addition, I have [8] Absorption dice and [6] Shielding dice allocated to all 4 of us as well.
HeySparky
How do you tally an Ally spirit's attributes/abilities/dice pools, I didn't find MitS especially helpful there? Or is it a spirit thing that I just don't know about?
Buddha72
Its attributes are equal to its force for its physical stats (Str, Bod, Quick) and it has the same mental attributes of its creator at the time of its creation. So if you increase them later, they don't automatically get better. Its spell pool is equal to its force, assuming you built the ally with the sorcery power. Its karma pool starts at 1 and can go as high as its force but you have to give it karma pool by sacrificing your own. All its other pools are figured just like a normal character.

Hope that helps.
HeySparky
Huh, guess I'm just sketchier than I thought on the mechanics. Though I do know that Allies get Sorcery for free, you don't have to purchase it. Or I'm out 6 karma.

Okay then, McQ, a modification.

Herne is allocating no Sorcery dice, just his Spell Pool, to Spell Defense. Edana is doing likewise. And 3 dice Shielding on Bishop.

So... can spirits cast spells Astrally and not fry themselves? I'm such a n00b.
BishopMcQ
Ecc--Anything?

If Ecc gets tied up does someone else want to get the meet started so that we can get on with the show?
Buddha72
While it costs nothing to include sorcery in your ally, you do have to design it with the sorcery skill so it all depends on how you built your ally spirit intentionally.

On the casting astrally, unfortunately it's just like if a character does it so frying is possible.
Shadow
I know between moving and work ecce is really busy this week. Any chance you could npc him for a bit?

If not give me some details via PM and DT can play second fiddle.
HeySparky
Likewise, McQ, I actually meant to suggest something like that. Oh... hey, give us each a piece! Like a puzzle! biggrin.gif
Fenris
Nightcrawler, I just realized nobody (as far as I know) has taken the time to explain the situation we created with our characters and yours.

Currently, there is an elf, originally from Tir na Nog, but currently living in Seattle, named Dorian. Dorian is currently living with the Ancients, as they are, for the most part, the closest thing to an unregulated elven community in the area. It had been my belief, upon reading the description of the Ancients and the fact that they're all elves calling themselves the Ancients that they had a certain level of respect for Dorian, if not just because he is a policitally highly placed elf in the Tir, then because he is one of the oldest elves they know. In addition, Dorian funds the gang with a constant supply of cash, numbering somewhere around 100,000k every couple of months to provide the support services, like couriers and drivers upon request. This, if nothing else, has caused the leader of the Ancients to view Dorian in a favorable light, and to assist him in whatever way requested due to the amount of cash coming to him in return.

We work for Dorian, and are for all intents and purposes favored children. Currently, the majority of the work your gang is doing for this huge chunk of nuyen every month is for us, driving us around, acting as general guides, but letting us do whatever work it is that Dorian considers important, because if Dorian thinks it's important, your leader thinks its important. The Child honorific (with the capitol "C", you'll notice) was more of an affectionate term Kraxus uses to respect the fact that while the Ancients are independant, they are elves and still children of the Tir, as are all elves, and deserving of their own space to operate while still benefitting from the protection provided by that association.

I tell you this not to bully or force your character into something, but merely to inform you of the storyline you're currently operating under. I have been a little surprised at your chosen responses so far, but I just realized this morning that you might not know any of this.

So you see how your negative and aggressive attitude might come as a bit of a suprise? Gell and Kraxus were under the assumption you had been sent along to help, and that request was based on a positive relationship between us and your gang.

That said, Kraxus and Gellawyn operate among the Tir nobility and government, and maintain a certain honor code. If your comment about Tir bastards stands, even in light of the situation I've explained above, they will percieve it as a gross violation of honor and respect, and things will come to a head after this meet, at which point I believe your characters going to be beaten rather severely. Not killed, by any means, because that would break the social contract between ourselves and your gang, but definitely beaten. I just want to make sure that you understand how the two characters operate and have time to modify your actions if you wish to do so. You are free to stand, and I salute your intention to roleplay your character according to your ideas if that's what you choose to do.
Shadow
Fenris, you are my hero smile.gif

Edit:

I should explain that statement. First of all I love the way everyones character is going smile.gif In past games I havve had... personality conflicts with some of the people in it. And I never know how to approcah them and say "you are offending me, stop it or I shall thrash you." While that isn't what Fenris just said it was great and diplomatic none the less. So it struck a coord in me is all smile.gif

Now if Sparky would just post...
Fenris
Eitquette or Negotiations to give the appropriate visual and emotive cues to blatantly lie. I want to try and convince everyone Crisis' response in Sprethiel was something non-offensive and positive, assuming they don't speak Sprethiel: 10 09 05 04 02 02 01 01
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012