Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When the **** does it come out?!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
dragnmastr85
I have searched around for quite a few hours and amazon says september 28th or some crap! WTF! Does everyone else in the world know the release date but me?! This doesnt, of course, include you lucky bastards that went to gencon
blakkie
Fanpro has changed it's mind. It won't be selling any more books till the Christmas Season (Thanksgiving Weekend). Also the PDF will be delayed at least till October as the sample character art has been sent back to the artists to punch it up a bit.
Adam
Let's not post bullshit and start rumours, especially to a poster new to the forums.

Shadowrun, Fourth Edition should be available in retail stores by the middle of September, and perhaps a little bit sooner.
Slacker
LOL. Oh come on blakkie, that is just cruel and unusual punishment to spread such lies.
tisoz
Welcome to the forums, dragnmastr85, it could have been a worse greeting. Actually, blakkie probably wanted to make sure he met his release date. wink.gif

from,
lucky bastard

PS. he may have been joking around about it because I posted in another current thread the best estimate the guys in the know passed along.
Nikoli
hey Adam, while you're here defending the new guy from Blakkie, how about a new sample character?
blakkie
QUOTE (Nikoli)
hey Adam, while you're here defending the new guy from Blakkie, how about a new sample character?

*shhhhh*

He is suppose to be either resting his brain or bashing it out on the PDF. Nothing else.

P.S. Well i guess that was a bit over the top, but not quite enough to make sure he knew it was made up. embarrassed.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Nikoli)

How about not right now -- vacation, vacation! [which means I'm off for lunch, and then to sign some books at the office... but it's tuesday and I'm hungover, so it must be a vacation!]

I'll try and drop a new sample character onto the site after my flight, late tomorrow.
tisoz
So was this a one week vacation, with a mandatory gencon appearance?

tried to say hi to you at the con,
the Lucky Bastard
Slacker
QUOTE (Adam)
I'll try and drop a new sample character onto the site after my flight, late tomorrow.

Tomorrow's still your vacation, right? It's nice of you to think of the community, but posting another sample character can wait. I think you've earned a few days to yourself.

Then again, I'm one of the lucky bastards with a copy of the book. biggrin.gif So I'm not one of people desperate to see more of the book.
mintcar
David Stansel-Garner at Battlecorps says they expect to get their books in a couple of weeks, and they promise to ship them as fast as they can. Then what happens to my LE on itīs perilous yourney across the sea is another story. *shivers* I donīt even want to think about it.
Nikoli
That's cool Adam, thanks for all the hard work.
maeel
hey thanx adam, that's good to know, especially since i am constantly checking SRRPG for updates.

BTW, any info when the book will hit european stores? Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake biggrin.gif ) to change Robs mind?
tisoz
QUOTE (maeel)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake biggrin.gif ) to change Robs mind?

You do realize you are hearing that from people who have the book in their lucky bastard hands, right? Kind of hard to put it in after its gone to the printers.
Blacken
So the release of the PDF is delayed yet more, too?
blakkie
QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (maeel @ Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake  biggrin.gif ) to change Robs mind?

You do realize you are hearing that from people who have the book in their lucky bastard hands, right? Kind of hard to put it in after its gone to the printers.

Maybe he is talking about Arsenal?
Nikoli
I have a sneaking suspision that the PDF was originally slated for this wednesday, the 24th or possibly Thursday and through a complicated brain fart process the date was transposed to last week.
Blacken
Doesn't matter to me what their original schedule said. Their release said last week; it's not here. Their commitments have failed to be honored and I'm tempted to just not buy the damn thing.
Nikoli
Trust me I know the feeling. I'm already obligated for the LE at my FLGS and wanted the PDF for a head start on writing my Commando application module.
tisoz
QUOTE (Blacken)
Doesn't matter to me what their original schedule said. Their release said last week; it's not here. Their commitments have failed to be honored and I'm tempted to just not buy the damn thing.

Yeah, well, you're about a week late for the discussion and the bitching. We kind of accepted it or got over it 2 threads ago.

For a discussion with the guy involved see the "taking bets" thread.

terrible with links,
lucky bastard
Blacken
Hell, a friend of mine who preordered two LE's (one of which was going to be mine after the original buyer decided he didn't want it) has been informed that he will be receiving neither copy. Pray that you get yours.

EDIT: and tisoz, I participated in said bitching. So stuff it. smile.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (Blacken)

So it's buh-bye then?
maeel
blakkie Posted on Aug 23 2005, 03:21 PM

(tisoz)
(maeel @ Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM)
Is it true that there will be no vehicle design in SR4, and if, is there any way to bribe or persuade you (i'd recommend the first option, for your own sake  ) to change Robs mind? 

Maybe he is talking about Arsenal?

i was, of course, talking about the arsenal. i know that the core rule book is already in print.
Blacken
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Blacken @ Aug 23 2005, 02:23 PM)

So it's buh-bye then?

Between that and them apparently failing to have enough LEs to satisfy preorders--yeah, it's pretty close.

I was going to buy SR4 to make *completely* certain that it wasn't a total waste of time. I already dislike the ideas contained therein immensely. But if FanPro wants me to forego forking over the cash, hey--fine with me.
tisoz
QUOTE (Blacken @ Aug 23 2005, 02:29 PM)
Hell, a friend of mine who preordered two LE's (one of which was going to be mine after the original buyer decided he didn't want it) has been informed that he will be receiving neither copy. Pray that you get yours.

EDIT: and tisoz, I participated in said bitching. So stuff it. smile.gif

Sorry to hear your misfortune. Saw you were new and might have missed it. If you knew about and participated in the discussion, you need to let it go. I speak from wanting the pdf last Wednesday too and my experience at gencon. Our feelings ain't gonna change things. If enough people get tired of their shit and quit buying the product, it might. But I don't see that realistically happening.

The only choice an individual can make is to find a company that keeps their word, and from volunteering at the con, I was set straight that FanPro is not the industry norm for hitting release dates.

QUOTE (maeel)
i was, of course, talking about the arsenal. i know that the core rule book is already in print.

Sorry, my mistake.

good luck,
a lucky bastard
Blacken
Meh...it very well may happen; of the SR players I know exactly one is going to buy SR4 materials come hell or high water. I guess he didn't get the memo that FASA isn't doing it anymore. frown.gif

And of course the P&P publishing industry rarely hits their release dates; that doesn't excuse it.
tisoz
QUOTE (Blacken)
And of course the P&P publishing industry rarely hits their release dates; that doesn't excuse it.

That's what I posed and got shot down by several lifelong gamers who were volunteering with me. The concensus was, you meet deadlines or you perish. That Shadowrun has not done either speaks volumes for its fan base and appeal. It makes you wonder what it could be as a well run company.
blakkie
QUOTE (Blacken)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 23 2005, 03:31 PM)

So it's buh-bye then?

Between that and them apparently failing to have enough LEs to satisfy preorders--yeah, it's pretty close.

I was going to buy SR4 to make *completely* certain that it wasn't a total waste of time. I already dislike the ideas contained therein immensely. But if FanPro wants me to forego forking over the cash, hey--fine with me.

Judging from your sig i'd think you'd have an extremely high tolerance for wasting time along with lots of experience with getting run over by plans derailing. *shrug*
tirsales
Boy, cant we just get a new release date? Something like "in 5 minutes" preferably of course smile.gif
I dont care about new preview chars, I dont care about new faqs or whatever - I just want that pdf. (Give me the beta and I help finishing it, send me a text-only copy or a 50-MB-per-Page file - I dont care (perhaps my mailserver does, but who listens to him anyway) wink.gif )
I'm one of those poor bastards who really likes Shadowrun, looks desperatly forward towards the new edition, had no chance of getting to the con or knowing anybody who was going - and actually feels pissed off because he has to wait and wait and wait ...
All these nice, glowing adrenalin racing through my veins ... Its nearly gone and left will be nothing more but a sad, desperate feeling, forcing me to get some other rpg to get some comfort frown.gif mad.gif frown.gif
(No, I dont want to reduce the work already done or piss anybody off ... But I'm getting more and more tired from staying up all night - Germany is 9 hours before LA, (here being 11pm and in LA 2pm)
tisoz
I hope you are kidding about your frustration level or just venting some frustration to get over it, if not my sincere condolences.

Adam has said it will probably be available for download on Friday, in the western hemisphere time zones. He has said he will not be getting to it before Wednesday, so get some sleep.

I hope this helps,
piss, poor, non-official, company rep (and lucky bastard to boot)
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (tisoz)
I hope you are kidding about your frustration level or just venting some frustration to get over it, if not my sincere condolences.

Adam has said it will probably be available for download on Friday, in the western hemisphere time zones. He has said he will not be getting to it before Wednesday, so get some sleep.

I hope this helps,
piss, poor, non-official, company rep (and lucky bastard to boot)

Did he say Friday and I missed it, is this certain enough to tell my group we're on for Friday?
maeel
according to studio2publishing they gonna have it in stock on 30th of september, great....... dead.gif
Bull
QUOTE (Blacken)

So it's buh-bye then?

They did not "fail" to have enough copies for preorder. They were only ever printing 1000 copies, and they set certain limits on how many were available through various distribution chains. The only failure they had was in getting as many copies to Gen Con to sell in person (which sucks), which meant that Battlecorps and Studio2 actually had more than initially planned available.

The failure you speak of is with your local game store or the online venue you attempted to purchase through for overselling their preorders before they had confirmation of the book. Blame them, not Fanpro.

Bull
tirsales
QUOTE ("tisoz")

Perhaps a bit - I like SR3 too and will go on playing it for a while, so it is not that devestating - but: I got myself vacation for reading the pdf and preparing a first SR4-game with my group on Saturday - and my last day off will be tomorrow ...
Well, whatever, I can't change it, so I will have to live with it.
QUOTE (tisoz)
Adam has said it will probably be available for download on Friday, in the western hemisphere time zones.  He has said he will not be getting to it before Wednesday, so get some sleep.

Yeah, it helps as I won't continue staying on all night wink.gif
Thanks smile.gif

Edit:
BTW: I suppose an eventual publishing of the pdf will be announced an www.srrpg.com, correct? So I don't have to check battlecorps, right
Blaze
QUOTE (maeel)
BTW, any info when the book will hit european stores?

I asked Leisure Games the same question last night, and was told the following:

FanPro had an express shipment of the new rulebook for GenCon Indy last weekend but the rest of their print-run is coming by boat from the printers in China or India.

I've been told that they should be available for us to order in about 2-3 weeks time. If we get any pre-order info we will certainly be making them available on our website before stock arrives. We are also trying to see if we can get hold of any of the Limited Editions but this is looking increasingly tricky as we are not a 'store in the States'. We're still trying though.

Sitting, twiddling my thumbs here... wink.gif

-JH.
Blacken
QUOTE (Bull)
QUOTE (Blacken @ Aug 23 2005, 03:42 PM)

So it's buh-bye then?

They did not "fail" to have enough copies for preorder. They were only ever printing 1000 copies, and they set certain limits on how many were available through various distribution chains. The only failure they had was in getting as many copies to Gen Con to sell in person (which sucks), which meant that Battlecorps and Studio2 actually had more than initially planned available.

The failure you speak of is with your local game store or the online venue you attempted to purchase through for overselling their preorders before they had confirmation of the book. Blame them, not Fanpro.

Bull

FLGS had confirmation of preorder for 4 copies.

FLGS received notice yesterday that their preorder has been shrunk to 2 copies after money was remitted.

FLGS chose two at random to get shafted. Guess who. And refunds? None forthcoming, at least not from Studio2.
tisoz
Adam's estimate for pdf. Adam is the guy actually getting the pdf ready for distribution. I'm not sure if he gives an estimate for hardcopies. At the booth at gencon, they were estimating 2-3 weeks, or sometime the 1st week of September. I'm assuming they assumed I was in the US. Hope it helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012