Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, I thought it was pretty slick too. wink.gif

I wonder if "Willis" sould perhaps be the boy the Renny left behind because he didn't want to leave when he and the girl were extracted? WOuld be very interesting that.

As for "very life like robots"... maybe he finally got the whole bio- computer-meets - taking-peoples-out right?

Seriously, when's Halberstram gonna go down? Why can't people just die of old age anymore, like good ol' Willehemina Graff-Bolt? She had some class that one.
And freakin' Damien Knight. "Sure I'm 67 now, but I LOOK 25! Yay for me! Buy a gun!" hoser
hahnsoo
QUOTE (SL James)
Way to slip out of that conversation.

Hey, it benefits neither you or me to get involved in a big flame war that really comes down to personal interpretation of a canonical story. It's like asking "When is Parker Lewis, I mean, Corin Nemec coming back to Stargate SG-1?" or "When will there be another season of Enterprise?" or "Is Firefly coming back?" No one knows, very few people care, and the only way that it will truly be answered is if it actually happens. I have no interest in fighting over it... I'm just presenting the facts as they are written. As of System Failure, that NPC is effectively dead, along with Captain Chaos and many many others. I'll be happy to take an "I told you so" if you are right, but in the meantime, anything else is just wishful thinking.
fistandantilus4.0
wavey.gif in lieu of a *thumbs up* for hahnsoo
hahnsoo
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
wavey.gif in lieu of a *thumbs up* for hahnsoo

BTW: I really want Corin Nemec to come back for at least one episode of Stargate SG-1. *cheesy grin*
SL James
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:39 PM)

Seriously, when's Halberstram gonna go down? Why can't people just die of old age anymore, like good ol' Willehemina Graff-Bolt? She had some class that one.
And freakin' Damien Knight. "Sure I'm 67 now, but I LOOK 25! Yay for me! Buy a gun!"  hoser

There's actually a specific discussion related to that, although not regarding DK.

BTW, Wilhelmina didn't die of old age. She died of a stroke. There's a difference.

hahn: it was a joke.
fistandantilus4.0
one tends to lead to another. She was what, in her 80's. My grandpa died of a (series 0f ) strokes, but he was having them because he was in his 80's. His body was failing, and that was the result.
SL James
But did he have a 30-odd year blood feud with a great dragon?
fistandantilus4.0
ya know I'm not sure. My Grandma's a pretty rough lady though, and they were married for 50+. wink.gif
Canis
I just finished reading SF and I enjoyed it, there was some good fiction in it. There was a lot going on. *Some Spoilers Below*

I’m pretty sure Deus is dead, but I wonder what happened to the other 2 AIs they could have escaped. Too bad about Cap Chaos, twisted way to die (if he is gone for good). I’m not quite sure what happened to the New Revolution, they seemed to have some internal dissent, was this led by Gen. Collton? Or was she just an innocent UCAS patriot? It sounded like the IPO went through (Novatech was cash flush and the Chromed Accountant made mucho bucks amoung others I assume), but I thought that the crash basically happened the instant that the IPO started. This would have halted trading and destroyed all or most of the records. I figured that Novatech would have been bogged down in lawsuits, figuring out who owns what and how much they really made and would have collapsed Novatech given their precarious financial situation. I guess in the era of the Nanosecond buyout the IPO must have happened very fast and the records must have been backed up or secured. I liked the opening and closing fiction, I thought it brought the story full circle. Poor Villers, he now controls the third biggest corp and he’s still miserable (that’s human nature; I felt it was kind of poignant, same with Alice and the President).
JongWK
I’m not quite sure what happened to the New Revolution, they seemed to have some internal dissent, was this led by Gen. Collton? Or was she just an innocent UCAS patriot?

"Didn't you know? We're all innocent here."
--The Shawshank Redemption.

wink.gif

It sounded like the IPO went through (Novatech was cash flush and the Chromed Accountant made mucho bucks amoung others I assume), but I thought that the crash basically happened the instant that the IPO started. This would have halted trading and destroyed all or most of the records.

Actually, the IPO started before the Crash. The moment it started, Novatech automatically cashed in all the big stock orders (institutional trading). So everyone is screwed up afterwards, but Novatech still has the money.
Canis
Ahhh, I'll have to reread that section, it seemed that Dues took over right at the start. Poor guy, all he wanted was to take over the world and look at what it got him *sniff*

BTW, I thought that whoever wrote the IPO section did a pretty good job of explaining it.
JongWK
That'd be Fark.com's very own Drew Curtis.
Mugzug
/disbelieve Jong

Edit: I see a Drew Curtin in the credits, but is it -=the=- Drew Curtis? Not sure. If it is, I may very well buy the book on that basis alone.
JongWK
Yes, it is -=the=- Drew Curtis.
Mugzug
Alrighty, he confirmed it in an email. It is -=the=- Drew Curtis. Next paycheck that book is coming to my doorstep.
SL James
Who's Drew Curtis, and why should I care?
fistandantilus4.0
Because he's =THE= @#$%@# Drew Curtis!
SL James
makes a jerking off motion

Swell.
Adam
A straight answer: Drew Curtis is the founder of fark.com, a very popular sort-of-news-weblog from well before anyone used the word 'weblog'.
blakkie
...and it has "boobies" links clearly marked with an animated "boobies" GIF. Doesn't get much better than that! grinbig.gif
Grinder
Thanks Adam smile.gif Never heard of the page before. Just checked it and bookmarked. Nice one smile.gif
Demonseed Elite
Drew is the proto-Captain Chaos and Fark is the proto-Shadowland. nyahnyah.gif
Mugzug
Would that make AH, Fastjack? biggrin.gif
Grinder
Is he SO old? Wow.
Synner
He will be...
SL James
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Drew is the proto-Captain Chaos and Fark is the proto-Shadowland. nyahnyah.gif

Sure it is.
Elve
QUOTE (Mugzug)
Would that make AH, Fastjack? biggrin.gif

So AH is now a 6 Years old chamber of monkeys?
Mugzug
QUOTE (Synner)
He will be...

Come 2070
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012