Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure Errata and Typing Errors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ranneko
I know that SF is unlikely to get a 2nd printing, but there is still the PDF which can be updated, and it is nice to be able to get the errors out of products.

In any case, I noticed an error on page 27 in the last paragraph on that page.

9:51 AM:International data traffic begins to crash as major hubs are corrupted by Dissonance. Dissonance pools begin to form at major RTGs and PLTGs in Asia, Europe and South
America. On the North American grid. A powerful rite per-
formed during a Viking/Aesir blot in Uppsala (Sweden) powers
an illusion of a giant wolf’s head eating the sun over Boston,
increasing panic.

That sentence is incomplete, and doesn't really make any sense, any chance we could find out what it was meant to say?
Demonseed Elite
what the heck.

That's the result of a half-assed correction to a sentence we asked to be removed (because the sentence itself was in error). It appears they only removed half the sentence for some reason.

Makes me wonder how the other corrections we suggested to the timeline went.
Synner
As Demonseed said it was left-over from a previous draft which should have been cut. The entry should simply read:
• Nov. 02, 2064 - 9:51 AM: International data traffic begins to crash as major hubs are corrupted by Dissonance. Dissonance Pools begin to form at major RTGs and PLTGs in Asia, Europe and South America. A powerful rite performed during a Viking/Aesir blot in Uppsala (Sweden) powers an illusion of a giant wolf’s head eating the Sun over Boston increasing panic.
hobgoblin
ah, the fenris(fenrir?) is released cyber.gif
Synner
If you like the idea, you'll appreciate the details of Winternight's masterplan.
hobgoblin
well to tell the truth, system failure is one of the non-crunch books i have been interested in lately nyahnyah.gif

trying to blow the hell out the net and linking it symbolicly to the great fight is to say the least, interesting wink.gif
Synner
Another correction I noticed:

page 75: the Zeta-Imp Chem entry has multiple references to "Sorenson". This is a mistake, the correct name should be "Masterson" as in Jørgen Masterson from the chapter's intro ficton and SOTA64.
Synner
page 68: Ymir's damage code should be simply 4S p/turn.

Note - If you want to make it even nastier, damage continues after exposure at a rate of 4L per turn until medical treatment is administered.
Elve
Am I correct taht several of the dates stating 2065 are meant to be 2064? Since they are describing the direct fallouts around the crash...

Also on p14 it should be 64 and not 04..
Synner
QUOTE (Elve @ Sep 14 2005, 11:36 PM)
Am I correct taht several of the dates stating 2065 are meant to be 2064? Since they are describing the direct fallouts around the crash...

Well, the Crash takes place on the morning of November 2nd but in many places the aftershocks are felt into '65 and those dates would be correct. If you can point to page numbers maybe I can confirm or correct.

And yes, all the date stamps on page 14 (the Escher-Burkli event) should be "/64" - or you could chalk it up to a system logic error caused by Ex Pacis' intercept attempt wink.gif
Elve
p18 p83 p84-85
These I meant smile.gif
Synner
p.18, p83, p84-85 - as far as I can see all of them should be '64. Though a few messed up timestamps could be one of the lesser known effects of Jormungand to seed confusion wink.gif.
Thistledown
Pages 77-80 mention draging the SF blimp northeast multible times. So instead of blowing up SF, it blows up Sacramento? Might want to change it so west, probably northwest (Marin doesn't have the technological value of the southern part of the penninsula, just a lot of rich people).
JesterX
There is 3 occurences of the name "Priault" which are correct...

and

9 occurences of the name "Pirault" which is incorrect...

Do I need to point out that this is REALLY pathetic?

I mean... Come on... Nobody in QA saw this?!
Ed Simons
Some parts of SoA clearly weren't proofread, either. It feels like they're rushing things out the door.
SL James
Probably because they were?
Synner
QUOTE (Thistledown @ Sep 18 2005, 05:16 PM)
Pages 77-80 mention draging the SF blimp northeast multible times.  So instead of blowing up SF, it blows up Sacramento?  Might want to change it so west, probably northwest (Marin doesn't have the technological value of the southern part of the penninsula, just a lot of rich people).

That's certainly weird. The draft had MCT's forces dragging it North east towards Berkley (not "the Pacific"). However, the choppers only manage to drag it 4-5 kms before the disarming attempt detonates it - meaning it explodes over the bay and San Francisco and Berkley are hit hard by the EM pulse though the airborne blast and shockwaves cause limited destruction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012