Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment(SR4): Fight or Flight
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Shadow
The best way to learn rules is to play them. So I am going to run a SR4 game. It will be short and relativly low powered (compaired to SR3). First 6 who post are up. Everyones welcome even if you are already in a SR4 game. The game will be taking place in Seattle in 2070.
Slacker
I would join the game, but I figure I'll let somebody else who's not in an SR4 game join instead. I'll just have to be satisfied with running one SR4 game and playing in another. smile.gif
Whizbang
Hmm...I'm interested...but if there's a person who isn't in one of the other SR4 games, they can have first shot.
Tashio
I'm interested in playing. Don't have manual yet, might pick up the PDF sometime soon though. Put me down for a mage type or prehaps a bio sammy
TheOneRonin
I've got the PDF, and I've been itching to play. Count me in if there is room.
Wintermancer
Me me me! Pick me! Pick me!

Unless of course your ranks fill up and my slot can go to someone who hasn't played SR4 yet who wants a shot at it. In which case, I'll gladly step aside--already in one other game on this board.

Winter
TheOneRonin
Low power is cool. I had a concept I've been toying around with. A human merc. Not your typical Shadowrun-LMG-toting-Milspec-body-armor-wearing-wired-to-the-gils Merc, but something more mundane.

You have a guy who joined the UCAS army, maybe did Ranger school, deployed out to the middle east and maybe north Africa, then got out and joined a private security (read: mercenary) outfit. The money was better than army pay, and he liked being abroad, so he was a merc for a while. Then the contracts dried up (probably due to something messy he was involved in) and he moved back to the states for some R&R, then to find some work. Only there really hasn't been any...at least not anything but shadow-work.

He's gonna be cyber and magic free, but skill heavy, with a decent amount of equipment. Let me know if this concept will work. If not, I'll submit something else.
Raiko
I'll play a sami / merc, I've not got a character done yet, but I've got the pdf.

Didn't think you'd be running a SR4 game so soon wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Damnit. I'm trying to cut down on my games and you go and run a SR4 thing... Ugh, let me think about it, cause I really want to get to know the new system before GenCon SoCal some around.
Whizbang
Had a gunslinger adept in mind here...
TheOneRonin
Wow...lots of combat-centric characters.

Shadow, any word on what kind of game this is gonna be?
Whizbang
Well, I already have a tech oriented char in the other game, figured I'd try a bit of combat and magic. smile.gif
Shadow
Well if I know me... comabat centric smile.gif

Good to see you cack Ronin.

Final Players list:

Whizbang
TheOneRonin
Ecclesiastes
Raiko
Wintermancer
Tashio

There is a caveat... I don't like helping people make characters. So if you want to play you need the book yourself. If you don't have it and don't plan on buying it, don't buy it to play in this game, it isn't worth it.
Fortune
I'm already in a couple with you, so I'll guess I'll just keep waiting for your (long-promised) Dragon game. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif
Shadow
*evil glare*

You are of course, always welcome.
Ecclesiastes
Well, ok then, so much for thinkin' 'bout it. nyahnyah.gif

I'll come up with something over the weekend I guess. biggrin.gif
Whizbang
Hmm...now what's the availability cap again?
Whizbang
Char sheet 1.3...liable to be revised several times.

[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
QUOTE (Shadow)
You are of course, always welcome.

You're so sweet. smile.gif

I'll probably retool Gypsy (elven hermetic). if that's cool.

Whizbang
[ Spoiler ]

Whizbang
Fortune
[ Spoiler ]
HeySparky
Bah... didn't notice this thread. I do want to check out playing SR4. I'll just have to keep an eye on you folks.
Panzergeist
CRAP! I missed all three of the games. Tell me if someone drops.
Panzergeist
CRAP! I missed all three of the games. Tell me if someone drops.
Wintermancer
Panzer, have you not played SR4 yet?

Winter
Wintermancer
Damn double post, my bad.

Winter
TheOneRonin
Okay, here's my Merc...(format stolen from WhizBang)

[edit]Adding more fluff...[/edit]

General Info: (known by the whole team)

History
Born and raised on a farm in Waterloo, Iowa (UCAS), Dwight Townsend grew up learning all the skills that a boy needs to have to become a man: Hunting, Fishing, Marksmanship, and how to reload your own ammo. Dwight never was much for book learnin', so he dropped out of school at 17 to join the Army. While not much of a leader, Dwight turned out to be an excellent soldier. He ended up in the 75th Ranger Regiment, and spent several years deployed with them. After his enlistment period with the Army was up, Dwight was offered a job with Callisto Assests, a secuirty/merc unit that held several contracts in the middle east and Greece. The pay was better, and Dwight was promised more autonomy, so he was eager to jump on board. Life was good for Dwight until about the time the second crash happened. He doesn't speak much on it, but he has said that the contracts ran dry and Callisto Assests folded. So he follwed Dane Roughart (close friend and fellow Callisto merc) back to Seattle to look for some independant work. Dane introduced Dwight to Ellis, a Seattle Fixer who specializes in Merc Ops, and thus Dwight's Shadowrunning career began. A few months ago, Dane was killed by Yakuza in a run gone sour, and Dwight has been trying to adjust to being a shadowrunner on his own.

First impressions
Dwight looks the part of your typical mid-western farm hand...sandy-brown hair, brown eyes, and skinned tanned from years of being outdoors. He keeps himself in almost olympic-athletic shape, though his 5'10" in frame is hardly what you would call imposing. Dwight smiles more than he talks, but don't let that fool you...he ususally knows more about what is going on than you do. His situational awareness is top-notch, and he is often the first to notice if something is odd or out of place.

Personality
Dwight is a skilled soldier, but he's not much of a leader. He works best when given a task or goal, and allowed to accomplish it in his own way. He works well in a team environment, and makes the lives of his teammates his top priority.

Misc .
Dwight is usually the teams general weapons expert, and has a small gunshop in the spare bedroom of his apartment. He does everything from loading his own ammo to customizing firearms for his teammates.

[ Spoiler ]

[edit]Fleshed out Dwight's knowledge skills, and have decided to make him a bit of a media junkie...always watching the news, having it streamed into his Commlink at all times and whatnot.[/edit]
TheOneRonin
QUOTE (Shadow)
Well if I know me... comabat centric smile.gif

Good to see you cack Ronin.

Final Players list:

Whizbang
TheOneRonin
Ecclesiastes
Raiko
Wintermancer
Tashio

There is a caveat... I don't like helping people make characters. So if you want to play you need the book yourself. If you don't have it and don't plan on buying it, don't buy it to play in this game, it isn't worth it.

Glad to be cack, Shadow. I should have a bit more time to post, and I promise not to leave you guys hanging like I did with Tango Down. Hopefully, once I get some more play time in, I can work on resurrecting that game. I was really looking forward to running you guys all the way through it. And I still have everyone's characters.
Tashio
Okay got the manual gimme a few hours to read over the stuff then I'll put char together.
Wintermancer
Going to be a hectic weekend, but I'll get something up by Monday. I'm playing a Face in one game on here, and it looks like this group is combat centric so far, but I want to try some of the different systems if I'm going to be in two games so... Maybe Technomancer?

Winter
Panzergeist
Not yet. You got room?
Shadow
What the hell.. your in Panzer smile.gif

The more the merrier smile.gif
Wintermancer
Shadow~

If you'd prefer to run with 5 instead, I don't mind taking one for the team and bowing out. If Panzer hasn't had a chance to play, I'd rather him get a shot; and if you're more comfortable with five, I can catch you next time.

?

Winter
Fortune
When you add me and Panzer to that list, it looks to me like Shadow already has 8 players. I don't think 1 less will be a big deal. If, on the other hand, Shadow wants to cull a few players (before the game starts, that is wink.gif), I'll volunteer to sit this one out.

Although I'd rather play ...
Wintermancer
Hmmm. I was thinking about doing a Technomancer, but as I was driving back from dinner today (after running SR4 biggrin.gif ) I started to have this character formulate in my head. I was thinking about how the Ute got absorbed by the PCC, and now I can't shake the idea of playing an Ute expatriate... But this team already seems so combat centric, I dunno...

Then again, I just scrolled up and read that Shadow apparently runs combat centric games so maybe I'd be better off doing that. smile.gif

Any thoughts?

Winter
Shadow
Please stay if you wish. I can run 8 no problem. Besides usually 1 or 2 people drop.

Being combat centric wont hurt grinbig.gif

You don't have to all be friends but I would like you all to trust eachother and work together. I despise players who try to be lone wolves or act like there better than everyone else etc. So please try to get along and work together.
Wintermancer
Yes, consummate players are a good thing. wink.gif

Winter
Ecclesiastes
Actuallly, combat stuff sounds great. Lets put this stuff to a test... I'll be bringing in a Troll Tank. biggrin.gif
Tashio
Okay here we go, my combat mage.
Might tweek one or two things still. Need to finalise knowledge skills.

[ Spoiler ]
Fortune
Looks quite similar to mine.

I thought I read somewhere that tobacco didn't qualify for the Addiction 'Quality'.
Fortune
Ryan O'Shea - Gypsy

[ Spoiler ]

Of course, I reserve the right to play with the figures a bit before the game actually starts. biggrin.gif
Tashio
That is posible I read over the stuff quite quickly. I'll check up and change it if its a problem.
fastdos
Any spaces available?
Shadow
Sorry fast, capping out at 8.

Anyone playing a rigger-esq character?
Fortune
QUOTE (Tashio)
That is posible I read over the stuff quite quickly. I'll check up and change it if its a problem.

Oh hell, I don't really care about it. I was more asking for confirmation than complaining. We're all still learning the new system. smile.gif
Tashio
Yup I checked its not an option, says so right in the quality description. Shows how well I read it. smile.gif
TheOneRonin
Hey guys, I've got some pics of Dwight and his gear. Is there a way I can post them on this board?
Shadow
The closest you can do is host them elsewhere and link them from here.
Wintermancer
QUOTE (Shadow)

I'm thinking of mixing my two concepts... a Technomancer cobat rigger. smile.gif

Winter
Wintermancer
QUOTE (Shadow)

I'm thinking of mixing my two concepts... a Technomancer combat rigger. smile.gif

Winter
Wintermancer
Actually yes, that's what I'm gonna do! Concept to be posted later, character sheet by tomorrow night unless my head explodes.

Winter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012