Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a game!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Kurb
Looking for a game to join or begin. I'm tired of being GM so I hope someone else can. Also, I prefer people with a bit more experience. I've had KURB for several years. Thanks...

Steve aka Kurb
simonw2000
simonw2000 here. Any team with room for a rigger/car thief? E-mail: Simonwentw2000@aol.com
Chance359
I'm looking for a game to join too. Maybe if we get enough people together who want to play, we find someone who wants to GM.
Kurb
i hope so. so how about it...anyone wanna GM a game with some experienced runners?
phelious fogg
Oddly enough im looking for a game too, mostly because im tired of GMing in real life
Kurb
Nobody around here wants to GM, they just want to play. I WANT TO PLAY TOO!!! So now they are starting to get mad cuz I'm making enemies they can't handle! HEHEHE Sometimes it's fun to be GM, but anyway.

LOOKING FOR A GM. There is a small group of us who are ready to play, we just need someone to GM it for us. Anyone who is interested please reply or email me at krazinugz@yahoo.com

Kurb
BGMFH
I can GM, but I'm more of a hadns-off GM, something that hasnt worked too well in the past. Sorry guys.
Rajaat99
I'd love to GM, if you guys lived in my city, or state.
Ideki
Wonder how well OpenRPG would work for a Shadowrun game...
Kurb
I dunno, but I think we are all looking for someone to GM online...boards, chat, email...I don't really care.
Chance359
Boards would work best for me.
Grey
I'd be interested in some play myself if you have room for another. I've got a lot of experiance on table top, but always wanted to get into a online chat/email game.

I can be reached via email at metis76@yahoo.com
simonw2000
I'd prefer to play PBEM or on RPOL.net

Doesn't matter which chargen system you use, BeCKS preferred. cyber.gif
Large Mike

Oh! Signing up! Do we have a GM yet or not? It was kinda unclear.
Grey
Put me down on the list of players for sure. I can play just about any type of character, just let me know what kind of game it'll be and I'll get something put together. smile.gif
Chance359
Well at this point all we have is players and no GM. Also, Simonw2000 have you checked out BECKS 2.0?
Kurb
Not to sound, oh what's the word, hmmm... I don't know. But I've noticed that this forum is LOADED with players, and only a small, and I mean microscopic percentage want to GM. Now I understand why you don't want to, and believe me I agree (which is why I don't want to GM). But can't somebody who enjoys GMing or somebody just cave in and GM for us?

My reason is simple, I play an email game everyday which I am a player (it's new and I'm loving it), I also play a table top game on Mondays (and sometimes the weekend with an even larger branch of the same group) which I GM, and I have also GM'd for about 7 years now off and on with other groups. So understandably I'm a little tired of it. So perhaps somebody can GM once with a group of people, and then the next run somebody else can GM and so on and so forth. I dunno, just a thought. sleepy.gif
grendel
All right, I am willing to GM. Mostly because it wounds me to see players without the ability to find a game. The Forums work best for online gaming for me. Here's what I need:

- Characters from everyone interested. I'm going to put the cutoff at seven players, any more than that just becomes unwieldy. Email them to grendel@pride.veldt.org. I don't care if you use BeCKS, priority, or points system to create. No sum to ten. Point based character creation utilizes 125 points. My house rules for character creation and game play can be found here. Please include backgrounds for your characters that at a minimum cover the 20 questions from SR3.

- Type of game desired. What do you want to play? Street level? Epic? Are you going to be a group of criminals searching for the big score? Or are you going to be modern day Robin Hoods, taking from the rich to help the poor?

Questions?
Chance359
Thanks for stepping up Grendel. I'm going to assume BECKs 2.0 is allowed? I've got an idea for a ex security member. I should be able to post a character in a couple of hours.
simonw2000
I have an Idea for a rigger who steals cars on the side.
Digital Heroin
Rigger'd best keep eyes off of my purist hitman's ride...
grendel
Yes, BeCKS 2.0 is authorized. Got your email, Digital Heroin, send him in. Riggers are fine.
Chance359
I've almost got my guy done, just going back making sure the math is done right and filling out the questions, should have him to you later today. Guess I should have asked first if there would be a spot for an ork sam.
Grey
If we use BeCKS, how much karma do we start off with?
Grey
Also, what kind of game are we playing? Low level gangers? Prime Runners? Mercs? What is the max starting availibility? What about edges and flaws?

I've got a concept going for a Face character right now, but I'm holding off working out the details for it until I know what the game is going to be.
Kurb
MY SAVIOR!!!!! I'm creating now...
Large Mike

Being made and will be sent. I'm partial to something a bit more gritty and street level, but just about anything where I don't have to GM is cool by me.
grendel
I believe that 425 karma is the baseline for BeCKS. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Edges and flaws are encouraged, although be sure to read the house rules about Skill Aptitude.

Also, something I forgot to mention earlier. When sending me your character, please include who you are on the Forums so I know who's who. Thanks.
TimeKeeper
Ya know, I'd offer to join in, but a:) I don't get to the forums much (only one computer in the office and other things might be popping up soon, and b:) I know you have your hands full with our own one-(possibly two)-on-one session coming up. nyahnyah.gif

But if you like Drake after that, feel free to give him some exposure as an NPC...
smokin.gif
Silverspur_2020
Well I have a good security rigger that I would love to use! I will email him over!
Large Mike

Hey, where'd everybody go?
Digital Heroin
Still working on my character... harder to flesh out when all of my books are a continent away... rotfl.gif
Kurb
Still working on a character. Will be done by the end of tonight though.
Chance359
Ummm just a quick question, how are all of our characters going to know each other?
Grey
I'll have my character done Monday afternoon sometime. I'm not going to have access to my computer till then.

As far as the characters knowing eachother, they could already be a team that works together, so they can meet up in game. Either works for me.
simonw2000
Where can I e-mail my character to get started?
grendel
Send all characters to grendel@pride.veldt.org. Please send as .html attachments if you're generating the character using the NSRCG.

Also, I have no requirement for characters to know each other prior to the start of the game. If you want to get together with another player and have your characters' histories cross, that's fine as well.
Silverspur_2020
Well I am just working out the finer points of my charecter with grendel.... I just need to explain how he has got some of his...."toys!" cool.gif
Large Mike

So, what do we have so far?

I have a Jaguar-shaman/pseudo-face with a nasty, nasty temper.
Chance359
I've got an ork sam with some family problems.
Digital Heroin
Oldschool Hitman/Face... the slick type, literally runs the shadows in a Tuxedo... nyahnyah.gif
grendel
The characters I have are as follows:

White (Large Mike)
Satu (Kurb)
Jim Tusken (Silverspur_2020)

Large Mike

So.......

Let's get crackin'!

Imma assume we already know each other and work together on a semi-regular basis.
Silverspur_2020
Well I have a Security Rigger... isnt just a driver like most guys, he prefers taking over buildings and drones!!!

I am happy to start whenever, as long as Grendel is happy with my charecter
Digital Heroin
Didn't get my hitman, did you? Sent him in...
grendel
I'd prefer to have all characters before we begin. I'm still waiting on Grey and Chance359. Digital Heroin, I haven't received your email, sorry. Could you resend?
Chance359
almost done, just putting the finishing touches on my contacts as well as trying to spend the rest of my starting cash.
Kurb
Alright I'm ready to go whenever you guys are! How many players are we going to have?
Grey
I'll have mine finished up on my lunch break and send him in.
Grey
I just sent in my sheet. I couldn't get NSRCG to print, so I'm sending in the sr3 file instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012