IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Build/Post your Hacker, Because I give up...
calypso
post Sep 20 2005, 05:52 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,569

So, anyone want to take a crack at building a decent hacker? I've tried, and I failed. I've grown dependent on Character Generators :(

Calypso
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 20 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,569

Okay, I'll post my partially completed Hacker:

Race: Troll (40 BP)

Attributes (200 BP)
B A R S C I L W E
9 3 3 5 3 3 4 3 4

Essence: ?
Initiative (Matrix): ? (?)
Initiative Passes (Matrix): ? (?)
Physical Damage Track: 13
Stun Damage Track: 10

Active Skills (140 BP)
Hacking (Exploit): 6 (+2)
Cybercombat: 4
Electronics Warfare: 4
Electronics Group: 4
Etiquette (Matrix): 2 (+2)
Pistols (Semi-Automatic): 2 (+2)
Dodge: 2
Perception (Visual): 3 (+2)

Knowledge Skills (21 Free BP)
Dunno (Whatever): 21 (+2)

Qualities (+5 BP)
Codeslinger (Exploit)
Codeblock (Track)
Moderate Addiction (Hotsim)

That's all I've managed to come up with so far. Still need to buy programs, drones, gear, cyberware, etc. Oy.

Calypso

+Quote Post
yesman
post Sep 20 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,758

either:

http://www.smarmybastard.com/srun/pingsheet.htm

or

http://www.smarmybastard.com/srun/pingsheet2.htm

after a few revisions

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Sep 20 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Purchase a copy of every program at 6. It should cost you about 120,000. Then buy a cheap Commlink and modify it as high as Availability allows, This costs Sweet F.A. (meaning I dunno how much, but it isn't expensive :D). Other equipment is pretty easy.

I'm not sure about the Codeblock: Track. Seems to me to be a useful ability.

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Sep 20 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,273

heres mine, hopefully i will have all my characters with their character sheets on the NPC wiki soon along with my contacts both SR3 and SR4

Street Name:Largo
Vitals
Archetype: hacker
Race: human
Height: unknown
Weight: unknown
Hair: Brown
Eyes: unknown
Birthdate: unknown
Birthplace: unknown
Lifestyle
Certified Credstick:
Lifestyle: 1 month middle
Total:
Edge 4
Physical Damage 10 boxes -4D modifier
Stun Damage 10 boxes -4D modifier
Attributes
Body 3(4)
Agility 4
Reaction 4
Strength 3
Charisma 3
Intuition 4
Logic 4
Willpower 3
Initiative 8D6
Magic 0
Essence 5.9

Active Skills (ATT) lvl
Firearms SG (AGILITY) 4
Close Combat SG (AGILITY) 2
Stealth SG (INTUITION) 2
Dodge (REACTION) 3
Perception (INTUITION) 3
Pilot Ground Craft (REACTION) 1
Electronics SG (LOGIC) 3
Cracking SG (REACTION) 2
Ettiquette (LOGIC) 1

Qualities:
Positive:
Codeslinger

Negetive:
Uncouth
SINner (real SIN)
Orc Poser

Armor Rating B/I
Armored clothing 4/0
Armored Jacket 8/6

Knowledge Skills
Gang ID (INT) 4
Open LAN areas (LOG) 5
Infamous hackers (INT) 3
Flatvid movies (INT) 3
History (LOG) 3
Component scrounging (LOG) 5

Language Skills (INTUITION)
English (N)
(l33t) 1

Contacts: LOY/CONN
Lucky 1/1

Gear list:
AR Smart Shades with Thermographics, Low Light, and image link*
gun arm slide (right arm)*
Suzuki Mirrage racing bike
electronics kit
rating 5 medkit
AR Gloves*
Sub-Vocal Microphone *
commlink* **
*Skinlinked

**Commlink:
Fairlight Caliban with Novatech Navi OS upgraded to:
Response: 5 Firewall: 6
System: 6 Signal: 5

Programs:
Name: Rating:
Analyze 6
Browse 6
Command 6
Edit 6
Encrypt 6
Reality Filter 6
Armor 6
Attack 6
Bio feedback filters 6
Black Hammer 6
Black out 6
Data Bomb 6
Decrypt 6
Defuse 6
ECCM 6
Exploit 6
Medic 6
Sniffer 6
Spoof 6
Stealth 6
Track 6

Weapons:
Ares Predator 4 *

Ammo:
30 rounds EX Explosive ammo (2 clips)

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 20 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #6

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Not really a 'hacker'. This is a conjurer/wheelman that is nearing completion. (Currently built with 420BP on the assumption that his 1+ page background will give him that.)

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Sep 20 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #7

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

That character is an abomination blakkie :) Still, I believe I would allow it despite the glaring min-maxing. Seems fun and different. Human looking human though?

Yesman: Great character. Really knows how to squat with style :). Did you do the portrait?

Some lucky guys.

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 20 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,567

Blakkie...if you ever gave me that sheet on paper in person I'd do just what my one friend would do, eat it and tell you to go back to the character generation tables.

Could you have attempted to be any more abuseful? You have virtualy a cripple there!

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Sep 20 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

hey shadow, would you give me an honest critique, you wont hurt my feelings i promise

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Sep 20 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #10

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (blakkie)
Human, all natural Attributes

Human-Looking - taken due to party considerations

???

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 20 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #11

Dragon

QUOTE (mintcar @ Sep 20 2005, 01:46 PM)
That character is an abomination blakkie  :) Still, I believe I would allow it despite the glaring min-maxing. Seems fun and different. Human looking human though?

Oh that. Ya, i originally had him as an Ork. Forgot to take that out. Will edit appropriately....

P.S. Thanks for the reminder, that'll free up another 5 BP. Maybe an extra point in Etiquette and a Spell?

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 20 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #12

Dragon

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 20 2005, 01:53 PM)
Blakkie...if you ever gave me that sheet on paper in person I'd do just what my one friend would do, eat it and tell you to go back to the character generation tables.

Could you have attempted to be any more abuseful?  You have virtualy a cripple there!

As long as it was YOU eating it, that be pretty damn funny. :rotfl:

P.S. He was originally an Ork, so Bod 8 and Str 3, but yes he's a gimp. For that i even had a background that fit pretty well (background proceeded a lot of the character). I'm still not 100% certain i'm going the human route. If i do i'm going to have to rethink the background, and would have to reverse engineer it. :(

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 20 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
hey shadow, would you give me an honest critique, you wont hurt my feelings i promise

Like the character. Couple of suggestions if you don't mind.

First, the gunslide heavy pistol thing....doesn't realy work out to well in all honesty I don't think considering concealability ratings and such. I would go with either a light or a holdout (especialy since holdouts are really deadly now :D) And have the heavy pistol in a conceal quickdraw holster maybe? Just a thought there really.

Second the armor...armor doesn't layer well at all in 4th ed. So you might not want to wear all that at the same time.

Third no real reason (unless moneterily you couldn't afford it) not to have a smartlink.

Oh and a couple of questions.

Where'd you loose that .1 essence? Prehapse i'm just missing something (didn't really overanylize or crunch the numbers so forgive me if i'm missing something obvious)

And second Why did you choose to go the skinlink route instead of say the route of datajack with cybereyes and such? Out of curiosity that is.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Sep 20 2005, 08:13 PM
Post #14

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

Every time a player shoots someone dead with a light pistol in SR4, I can swear you can hear angels sing. :)

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 20 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (mintcar)
Every time a player shoots someone dead with a light pistol in SR4, I can swear you can hear angels sing. :)

Well two of my players heard the angels sing when they got shot point blank almost with the CMDT combat shotgun :D

But holdouts have always been my theme favorites, folowed by the good old trusty colt l36 :D. though i miss my walther palm pistol of justice!

+Quote Post
apple
post Sep 20 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,827

Something more conventionall (und still prototype-status):

Lupin XIII (a Gentleman SOTA thief/hacker (I am not quite sure how to combine good hacking with a certain charismatic appereance))

Human, Edge 4, 250 000¥, Codeslinger (Exploit/Hacking)

Body 4
Agility3 (+2)
Reaction 4 (+2)
Strength 3
Logic 5 (+2)
Intuition 3
Charisma 3
Willpower 3

Cracking SG 4
Electronics SG 4

Automatics 2
Climbing 1
Dodge 2
Etiquette 1
Infiltration (Urban) 2 (+2)
Negotiation 1
Perception 1
Pistols 3
Pilot Ground Craft 1
Unarmed Combat 1

35 negative Quality Points (Addiction Alcohol and Addiction SimSense are considered)

Equipment: some nice pistols like the Fubuki and a taser, a good MPi, the usual 5/5/6/6-Commlink with the usual hacking programms on 6, lenses/googles of doom (tricked out with all enhancements), earplug with tricked out audio enhancements, usual thief equipment (electronics kit, lockpicker etc), a motorcycle or a van. Perhaps some drones (still working on the equipment)

Implants: Cybereyes 1, Cyberears 1 (Damper), Skillwire 4, Reaction Enhancers 2, Muscle Toner 2, Zerebralbooster 2

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 20 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #17

Dragon

QUOTE (mintcar)

I assumed that Shadow_Prophet was asking a rhetoric question about whether i could be more abusive, otherwise i'd post Calos. He's the character i just put together for a fellow player. He's more into playing with guns. I just tossed out the Heavy Pistols entirely for him and went with a Hammerli 620S loaded with Stick 'n' Shock in a concealable holster. Down right nasty. I've come to the conclusion that Stick-n-Shock makes Baby Jesus cry. ;)

I also gave him a Raecor, but sadly they are limited to flechette ammo only. I considered the Streetline Special with Stick-n-Shock but decided that since the real point of the hold-out was defeating detection the extra MAD evasion was worth the power trade-off.

I'm estimating that the Hammerli will provide the firepower needed till he gets into situations where he can bring the Ares Alpha with 'nade launcher and/or White Knight.

+Quote Post
Whizbang
post Sep 20 2005, 08:32 PM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 6,645

Guess I can add mine...

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Sep 20 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)
Where'd you loose that .1 essence? Prehapse i'm just missing something (didn't really overanylize or crunch the numbers so forgive me if i'm missing something obvious)

And second Why did you choose to go the skinlink route instead of say the route of datajack with cybereyes and such? Out of curiosity that is.

the .1 essence is a datajack that i guess only made it onto the actual character sheet and honestly i went the skinlink route (and why i didnt get the actual smartlink), because i usually make magical based characters, and you remember how bad essense loss is with magic....old habits omae.....as for gunslide, and conscealability, i havent seen a lick on concealability in SR4, unless i missed something in my rulebook

+Quote Post
hyb
post Sep 21 2005, 01:22 AM
Post #20

Target

Member No.: 7,591

You are. It is definitely in there. Page 300 through 302.

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 21 2005, 01:04 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (warrior_allanon)
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 20 2005, 03:05 PM)

And second Why did you choose to go the skinlink route instead of say the route of datajack with cybereyes and such?  Out of curiosity that is.

the .1 essence is a datajack that i guess only made it onto the actual character sheet and honestly i went the skinlink route (and why i didnt get the actual smartlink), because i usually make magical based characters, and you remember how bad essense loss is with magic....old habits omae.....as for gunslide, and conscealability, i havent seen a lick on concealability in SR4, unless i missed something in my rulebook

Smaller section. Concealability isn't listed by item its gone more of the route of type of item. Heavy pistols fall in one catagory, lights in another ect ect ect.

Bottom of page 302 is the little chart.

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Sep 21 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #22

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

Yes, but does the gun slide say anythgin about what concealability/pistol type can be used with it?

I think it jsut says that a "pistol" can be used, which, to me, implies any pistol.
On a side-note, when looking at my copy, "Concealibile holster" doesn't seem to say "pistol only" anymore. Does that mean one could get a concealable shotgun holster? or maybe something more reasonable, like knives or swords?

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 21 2005, 02:16 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (BlackHat)
Yes, but does the gun slide say anythgin about what concealability/pistol type can be used with it?

I think it jsut says that a "pistol" can be used, which, to me, implies any pistol.
On a side-note, when looking at my copy, "Concealibile holster" doesn't seem to say "pistol only" anymore. Does that mean one could get a concealable shotgun holster? or maybe something more reasonable, like knives or swords?

If you go by the exact wording and refuse to use abstract thought the conceal holster you can use with any weapon including rocket launchers. same with the arm slide.

Its twinks like you that make me sad.

Common sense here please?

Thats ingnoring the fact I didn't say he couldn't do the heavy pistol thing, I meerly suggested that it might be better to go with a more concealable weapon for that type of thing.

+Quote Post
warrior_allanon
post Sep 21 2005, 02:23 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

i understand what your saying with the gun arm slide, however, (and here is my reasoning for doing this) i have worked with clutch gun rigs and outfitted them with .45 cal. socoms and glocks, and while the largeness of the sleaves needed to hide them is slightly on the rediculous side they are by no means absolutely insane. well not for a duster anyway, and honestly i think i used the jacket which i equate to a bomber style jacket anyway, so with this character i would agree. but my other characters usually use lined coats so they hide quite well

+Quote Post
BlackHat
post Sep 21 2005, 02:55 PM
Post #25

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,180

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)

If you go by the exact wording and refuse to use abstract thought the conceal holster you can use with any weapon including rocket launchers. same with the arm slide.

Well, playing a game involves agreeing to obey the rules that are written, not abstracting your own. :-)
That aside, who cares if someone gets a concealable holster for their rocket launcher? They get 2 better concealability (or whatever it does, I don't have my book with me), for some item with a retardedly noticable concealability - sure, it looks less like a rocket-launcher than just holding a rocket launcher... still obvious, but not twinky or broken.

IMO, it makes sense that you could store most weapons (not jsut light pistols) in a place that makes them less noticable (like having a knife hidden in your boot, or in some chicks garter - like in the movies!) And, for the same matter, I don't see why you couldn't have a slide that drops a heavy pistol in your hand. Now, a slide that dropsp your rocket launcher in your hand would be over the top, for sure - I just meant that there is nothing in the rules saying he couldn't go with a heavy pistol.

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)

Its twinks like you that make me sad.

Asshat. :S
There's nothing twink-y about saying that the rules support one's ability to have a gun-slide or conealable holster made for a large handgun.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.