Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zephan Brannigan, AKA Lt. Smoothie, Pistoler Face character, please check
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,263

I drafted this character up quickly as leverage to ensure someone else in our group played a face. Basically extortion, someone else would play a face or I'd pay Lt. Smoothie. It appears now that I will not need to play him. 8) Please check over before I post to the Wiki.

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 26 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,567

Zephan was a junior officer in the Tir military until he was given a Dishonourable Discharge for Conduct Unbecoming An Officer due to an incident involving a General's daughter, a pack of breathmints, and a turkey baster. He then got into the shadowrunning business because he thought that it would be "a great way to pickup chicks, danger is such a turn-on for them".

That reminds me of a LoT5R char my friend played. A crab bushi named Hida Yamamoto...the crab ladies man with the letchery and uncouth flaws.

"Wouldn't it be great if some scorpion found out that he was really dishonerable and needed to commit sepuku?" --Crane Courtier

"I'm on it..." --Scorpion ninja

------------

Onto the actual character...I probably wouldn't allow him on the fact of body starting at 1? How did he manage to live to be old enough to survive surgery...and for that matter how did he survive surgery :P

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Hmmm, just noticed that i gave him a SL and Simsense Vertigo. I'm going to take that out and give him a different pistol with a laser sight instead. Maybe some ear buds and a subvocal so he uses his commlink as a radio, no visual.

EDIT: Done, Colt Manhunter with silencer and a Raecor Sting for in the suit.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #4

Dragon

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)
Onto the actual character...I probably wouldn't allow him on the fact of body starting at 1? How did he manage to live to be old enough to survive surgery...and for that matter how did he survive surgery :P

Duh, that's why he got the Bone work and the Superthyroid.

Are you just making a joke, or are you really that much of a weenie GM? You don't let any characters have a natural 1 in an Attribute? It isn't like he's playing with a 1.

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Sep 26 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

There's a couple major problems here about the Body attribute. First, you are using a Suprathyroid gland, which has an availability of 20F (above the starting character availability of 12). Second, you really only have a Body of 2, including Suprathyroid. This means that any armor above 4 will give you armor penalties to your Agility and Reaction. Your Actioneer 5/3 will give you a -1 point penalty.

As far as the low body attribute, it could have been higher before he got his implants, but something could have gone wrong during his hospitalization, or maybe he didn't do his appropriate physical therapy to recover. In other words, it's explainable, if a bit on the implausible side.

It would be helpful to know how old he is... Sperethial would not be a native language for the vast majority of elves out there. Even if he's young enough, it would only be a native language for someone born in the Tirs.

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 26 2005, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 26 2005, 02:01 PM)
Onto the actual character...I probably wouldn't allow him on the fact of body starting at 1?  How did he manage to live to be old enough to survive surgery...and for that matter how did he survive surgery :P

Duh, that's why he got the Bone work and the Superthyroid.

Are you just making a joke, or are you really that much of a weenie GM? You don't let any characters have a natural 1 in an Attribute? It isn't like he's playing with a 1.

A stat of 1 is damn near crippled in my opinion.

Furthermore you only would have a 2 body. Superthyroid is the ONLY thing on that sheet that actualy increases body. The bone density and lacing only add to body durring damage resistance tests.

Sorry for going by deffinitions of what the attribute levels are body 1...weak...beyond underdeveloped. IE How the hell did he survive the flu?

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #7

Dragon

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet)
<snip>
Sorry for going by deffinitions of what the attribute levels are body 1...weak...beyond underdeveloped. IE How the hell did he survive the flu?

I guess "weenie" it is. :please:

P.S. Body fixed.

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 26 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,569

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 26 2005, 02:24 PM)
<snip>
Sorry for going by deffinitions of what the attribute levels are body 1...weak...beyond underdeveloped.  IE  How the hell did he survive the flu?

P.S. Body fixed.

Toss me into the weenie camp too then. There'd have to be a damn good reason for somebody to have an attribute of base of 1 in anything.

Calypso

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 26 2005, 08:42 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
<snip>
Sorry for going by deffinitions of what the attribute levels are body 1...weak...beyond underdeveloped.  IE  How the hell did he survive the flu?

P.S. Body fixed.

Quote from PG. 62 SR4
HUMAN ATTRIBUTE RATINGS
Rating Description
1 Weak
2 Underdeveloped
3 Typical
4 Improved
5 Superior
6 Maximum unmodifi ed
human

Yes I'm sorry I use tables and expect halfway decent character concepts.

You had a base stat of 1, which is weak, and worse than under developed. Give me a break blakkie :P. Sorry I play a roleplaying game instead of a min maxing/munchining style game.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:43 PM
Post #10

Dragon

QUOTE (calypso)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 26 2005, 03:38 PM)
<snip>

P.S. Body fixed.

Toss me into the weenie camp too then. There'd have to be a damn good reason for somebody to have an attribute of base of 1 in anything.

Calypso

He was born that way? :( It does say Weak, it doesn't say "Gimp", "Cripple", or "unable to survive walking down the street".

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #11

Dragon

QUOTE (Shadow_Prophet @ Sep 26 2005, 02:42 PM)
You had a base stat of 1, which is weak, and worse than under developed.  Give me a break blakkie :P.  Sorry I play a roleplaying game instead of a min maxing/munchining style game.

Umm, the Wiki is for NPCs.

P.S. Your style would be actually the possibilities of limiting character concepts because you just write off a section of the table.

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 26 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
He was born that way? :( It does say Weak, it doesn't say "Gimp", "Cripple", or "unable to survive walking down the street".

Weak is weaker than Underdeveloped. This poor guy is going to catch every cold/flu that passes within a kilometer of him. Or maybe he breaks his hip when he rolls out of bed (except for the bone work). Or he can't climb a flight of stairs without collapsing.

Basically, he's close to an invalid. He has the body of somebody who was bedridden for 2 years. Or someone with an immuno-deficiency of some kind. I feel sorry for him :(

Calypso

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #13

Dragon

QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 26 2005, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 26 2005, 03:43 PM)
He was born that way?  :(   It does say Weak, it doesn't say "Gimp", "Cripple", or "unable to survive walking down the street".

Weak is weaker than Underdeveloped. This poor guy is going to catch every cold/flu that passes within a kilometer of him. Or maybe he breaks his hip when he rolls out of bed (except for the bone work). Or he can't climb a flight of stairs without collapsing.

Basically, he's close to an invalid. He has the body of somebody who was bedridden for 2 years. Or someone with an immuno-deficiency of some kind. I feel sorry for him :(

Calypso

Well i feel sorry for you, too. :(

P.S. I must have missed that description in the BBB. :^)

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Sep 26 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #14

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

That explains the turkey baster.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #15

Dragon

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
That explains the turkey baster.

:rotfl:

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 26 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
Well i feel sorry for you, too.

Thank you for your concern. Were you planning to elaborate on that insult, or just leave it ambigous?

+Quote Post
Shadow_Prophet
post Sep 26 2005, 08:53 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (calypso)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 26 2005, 03:43 PM)
He was born that way?  :(  It does say Weak, it doesn't say "Gimp", "Cripple", or "unable to survive walking down the street".

Calypso

Thank you.

Secondly Blakkie, you advertised this as a character YOU were going to play if no one else made a face.

And no I don't limit it. If you managed to come up with even a halfway decent reason for body one and being able to survive to the point of the surgery for the superthyroid and still be quite under developed and sickly then sure.

Thats ofcourse besides the fact that how did the guy make it into the military with a body 2? Or 1 if with your story he got the gland in the military.

I'll let you play anything if you can justify it. And well I can't see any justification for that. Go ahead and try and surprise me there if you want.

An asside I do kinda like my npc's to be realistic too.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #18

Dragon

QUOTE (calypso)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 26 2005, 03:50 PM)

Thank you for your concern. Were you planning to elaborate on that insult, or just leave it ambigous?

Because you are just reading into the single word description what you want. Did you read on page 61 what Body can mean?

Further exactly what have you described that would preclude this character from existing? More vulnerable than normal to certain things, sure. But able to function, and with the augmentation even more-so.

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 26 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (calypso @ Sep 26 2005, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Sep 26 2005, 03:50 PM)

Because you are just reading into the single word description what you want. Did you read on page 61 what Body can mean?

Further exactly what have you described that would preclude this character from existing? More vulnerable than normal to certain things, sure. But able to function, and with the augmentation even more-so.

I'm assuming that if rating 6 is the human maximum, then rating 1 is the human minimum. IE: The weakest someone can be in an attribute and still survive. If you have a better interpretation, by all means do share.

And what about it precludes the character from existing? Nothing, except that the only reason that the character has a body of 1 thus far is to save a few build points. I mean, how does one even survive as a Shadowrunner with a body of 1? The first bullet that comes your way takes you out.

Calypso

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Sep 26 2005, 09:04 PM
Post #20

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Also, shouldn't he have Incompetence "Gettin Some" and Military Tactics?

+Quote Post
calypso
post Sep 26 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Nikoli)

Z: A shrewd move, taken straight from Sun Tzu, or from my own book, Zap Brannigans Big Book of War! But the thing they don't realize, and never will...

K: Sir, they've docked and come aboard.

Z: Then I've gambled all and lost.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Sep 26 2005, 09:06 PM
Post #22

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (calypso)
I mean, how does one even survive as a Shadowrunner with a body of 1?  The first bullet that comes your way takes you out.

The Damage Resistance actually is quite decent.
Even the Condition Monitor of 9 isn't a problem.

It's the Overflow Monitor of low-bods that tends to break the camel's back.
So, as long as that character doesn't plan to be wounded mortally, he's fine. ;)

+Quote Post
snowRaven
post Sep 26 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Member No.: 4,516

My only problem with the Body 1 is that he's ex-military - and an officer to boot - how did he make it through training?

But with a good explanation I'd allow it, if I was the GM.

Judging from his history with that turkey baster and the girl...I'd lower Willpower a point and increase Body with it. As a GM, I'd even let you deduct two points off of Edge for getting caught with that, and increase your Body another point from toughening up after the beating the general gave you :rotfl:

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #24

Dragon

QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Sep 26 2005, 02:24 PM)
There's a couple major problems here about the Body attribute.  First, you are using a Suprathyroid gland, which has an availability of 20F (above the starting character availability of 12).  Second, you really only have a Body of 2, including Suprathyroid.  This means that any armor above 4 will give you armor penalties to your Agility and Reaction.  Your Actioneer 5/3 will give you a -1 point penalty.

Thanks for the catch there, i rolled him back from my initial character of Body(2) + Suprathyroid and didn't check that.

Hmmm, didn't notice that Avail on the Suprathyroid. I guess i got it stuck in my head it was avail when Ellery used it as a reason why you could expect mages to start out with 'ware. :( I've been using the XLS chargen sheet, and it doesn't have the Avail visible on the the 'Ware selection sheet. It doesn't check the Avail either, i should fix that there so it becomes more apparent.

EDIT: Hrmmm, i think i'll just put a cavet on the character that he's not a starting PC and post him as a a low level pimp/fixer to the Wiki (if i can get it working).

It would be helpful to know how old he is... Sperethial would not be a native language for the vast majority of elves out there.  Even if he's young enough, it would only be a native language for someone born in the Tirs.

I at first had him in the Tir military. But i wasn't sure if it would make sense for him to get a discharge and wander off like that. I'm not sure about the politics of the Tir military.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Sep 26 2005, 09:21 PM
Post #25

Dragon

QUOTE (Nikoli)

This is an alternate Opposite world. ;)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 05:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.