> SR4 Excel Character Creator Spreadsheet, v0.9 - almost final version
Wizdoc
post Jan 6 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #26

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,784

Version 0.991

A quick update. I haven't had time to work on the sheet myself (your requests for rigger drones, armor customizations, vehicles and other additions have been noted and are very vaild), so sorry about that. In the meantime, a kind soul has taken the time and completed the grimoire. All the spells are now included. Thanks Christian.

I did fix that spell slot bug noted a couple of posts back, though.

SR4 Excel Character Creator Spreadsheet v0.991

Enjoy, and keep the comments coming. I am hoping to complete this damn thing some time in the near (or far) future.

Wizdoc
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AJCarrington
post Jan 9 2006, 02:42 AM
Post #27

Moving Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 7,628

Looks great - thanks for all involved in putting this together!!

AJC

+Quote Post
Muerto8
post Jan 9 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #28

Target

Member No.: 7,057

QUOTE (lumikant)
I'd just like to let everyone know that the spreadsheet works fine in OpenOffice (openoffice.org) for those of us who prefer not to use microsoft office due to price, dislike of microsoft, or running an OS that doesnt support it.

Not quite. Having some significant problem with the selection lists in Open Office 2.1. Only real way to overcome it is to either type it in verbatim to how it lists on the table, or to copy the text form the table out to another prog such as notepad and then back into the cell it is needed. If copied over directly it over-rides the Formatting of the cell. Not a huge deal I know, but just as vexing as the other two options. Guess it's just the price we pay for not wanting to conform to the Microsoft (Expensive- among other things, Bastards) regime.

+Quote Post
capt20
post Jan 9 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #29

Target

Member No.: 5,811

Well, its working fine on OpenOffice 2.0. I don't have any problems here, and the pull down menu's work fine. The only complaints I have so far is that there arn't enough slots for cyberware (uber eyeware takes up a lot of them), and possibly for Skill Groups if I had one more. :) Oh, and theres no specialization box for know skills. That might be useful too. Other then that, its very well done. :)

EDIT: Oh, not enough space for guns or gear and stuff like that either. I have more then 5 guns. I guess I might be more the exception then the rule. :)

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Jan 10 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #30

Guests

QUOTE (capt20)
The only complaints I have so far is that there arn't enough slots for cyberware (uber eyeware takes up a lot of them), and possibly for Skill Groups if I had one more. :) Oh, and theres no specialization box for know skills. That might be useful too. Other then that, its very well done. :)

EDIT: Oh, not enough space for guns or gear and stuff like that either. I have more then 5 guns. I guess I might be more the exception then the rule. :)

First of all, thanks, this tool is tealy usefull! I´d have the same problems, thou. Also ther were many other things, tat did not work, but I only tried it out once and the macro did not work (because of security settings), so there might be no problem, if I adjust the settings.
One thing I noticed in particular, was, that it counted 10 BP more each for the Attributes as oposed to the older version with the green layout, is that right?

+Quote Post
Wizdoc
post Jan 10 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #31

Target

Member No.: 7,784

QUOTE (MK Ultra)
One thing I noticed in particular, was, that it counted 10 BP more each for the Attributes as oposed to the older version with the green layout, is that right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "green layout". The layout of the creation page has always been in those colors (i.e. orange for input cells). Maybe you're thinking about a sheet made by someone else? In my sheet, the cost of Attributes has always been the same (and I think it works as it should be).

Re: Amount of "slots".

Yeah, maybe more slots for various gear (especially cyberware) is in order. The problem is that with a lot of slots, the font will get awfully small when you try to squeeze them all in to display everything in one page. So the current slot size was chosen as a compromise between amount of gear and the readability of the text.

But there might be a way to circumvent that. I'll look into dynamic formatting. That is, you'll see a bigger font when there's less stuff and a smaller font when there's more. You cybered up street samurais will need a magnifying glass then, though. ;)

Re: Compatibility

The sheet is done in Excel 2000. I can't test compatibility with other software (e.g. Open Office) right now. Maybe if and when the version hits 1.0.

Macros are only used for the little floating BP/Cash display. Disabling them should not affect anything else such as the pulldown menus.

Wizdoc

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Jan 10 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #32

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

Currently certain choices which should be mutually exclusive are not. Example Technomancer & Magician can both be chosen.

Also, if I select Technomancer as a positive quality, I still have to select the "Yes I am a hacker/Technomancer" to receive the bonus points for Simsense Vertigo etc.

I think it will be a great tool to help some of my math-challenged players and as a quick check for me if a character seems a little TOO well-rounded

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Jan 10 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #33

Guests

Oh, sorry your right, I was refering to another excel sheet!

Anyway, some things did not work wan I tested it, i.e. the Attribute-cost-slot would reference to the Modified attribute slot instead of the unmodyfied. This way, it somehow counted zero cost for all the attributes. I may have mixed something up, but I´ll test the sheet when I´ve got some time, probably tomorow.

It´s a cool tool anyway, so thanx for all the work, your great!

+Quote Post
ruvidan
post Jan 12 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #34

Target

Member No.: 8,148

Dude, this rawks, give me your email addy and let me paypal you a $5 donation.

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Jan 12 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #35

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

i'll have to give this a try.

+Quote Post
Darkness
post Jan 14 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #36

Moving Target

Member No.: 248

A very solid work. The best one so far, IMHO.

+Quote Post
Guest_MK Ultra_*
post Jan 14 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #37

Guests

Ok, I finaly had the time, to try this out and it worked very good! Thanks again :nuyen: :nuyen: :nuyen:

Ther is only one bug, I saw, which is really no big problem! The cells C93 to C99 have no formulae so one has to draw them down from C91, so the costs for Professional and Interest Skills are properly correctly calculated.

Otherwise, it is great (except for to little space for group skills, implants or gear for some characters).

Edit: Oh and for Qualities, too. I just can´t get enough of anything :oops:

+Quote Post
KeyMasterOfGozer
post Jan 17 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #38

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,068

First off, Great job with this project and thanks a million!

I made a few changes on my copy of 0.991 just to help myself out. I thought someone here might be interested in the changes as well, and maybe Wizdoc might find some of this usfull to put in a future release.

Note: I'm just making a few minor changes to WizDoc's great work, I don't claim any credit for this cool spreadsheet.

1) I was adding ActiveSofts into my Gear and noticed that I really could use a comments field for each gear item to distinguish between the many Activesofts.

I noticed a blank unused column "E" next to the gear, so I used that to write my comment to keep track of which Skill each of my softs were., then I decided I needed this on the char sheet as well, so I changed the formula in Tables.AC888 to:
CODE
=IF(A888=0;"";CONCATENATE(A888;IF($Sheet1.E180=0;"";CONCATENATE(" - ";$Sheet1.E180));CHAR(10)))

and pulled that down to Tables.AC908. Now My Gear list shows
"Activesoft(rating 4) - Pistols"

2) I found myself having to lookup which Attribute was linked each skill chosen. ( I am still new to v4, so I don't have all the stuff memorized.) I thought it would be nice to have it listed for reference on the char sheet, so...

I noticed on Tables.A1156 there is a table for gathering the skills, and handily, there is a blank unsed column B, so I filled in the blank column with the Linked Attribute from Tables.B1156 to Tables.B1238 (I left the boxes by the Groups blank). Then I changed the formula on Tables.AA1156 to:
CODE
=IF(ISERROR(C1156)=TRUE();"";CONCATENATE(C1156;IF(B1156="";"";CONCATENATE("(";B1156;")"));CHAR(10)))

I, of course, dragged the formula down to Tables.AA1238. Now on the character sheet the skill is listed as "Perception(Intuition)".

I have a crappy Character you can see and pull the Linked Attribute list from if you'd like to look at it:

http://www.oldforest.net/srchars/SkillSoft.xls

I am also going to look into listing the Skills in a Skill Group below it for my own reference, maybe look something like:
Atheletics Skill Group
+ Climbing (Strength)
+ Gymnastics (Agility)
+ Running (Strength)
+ Swimming (Strength)

Anyway, keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Crystalmonkey
post Jan 22 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #39

Target

Member No.: 8,118

With the taser, the AP and such get an error because the slot is blank.

Good sheet.

+Quote Post
Jamz
post May 25 2006, 12:05 AM
Post #40

Target

Member No.: 8,602

I noticed there is no new activity with this spreadsheet for a few months? Has anyone else (including the OP) made any major changes?

Reason being, I have and can post it if the OP doesn't mind? I looked through all the programs and spreadsheets and found this one to be the best so kudos to Wiz! GREAT work btw!

Anyways, since we're starting a SR4 campaign soon, I had to convert my SR3 character for the THIRD time now (yes, original SR1 character).

What I did was create (among other things) an "Advancement" sheet so you can now track Karma spent as well. I'm still working on consolidating the info on the character output sheet but should have that done soon. I'm also trying to "expand" the selections where possible.

My question, if you had more slots available to add during "Advancement", is there enough slots everywhere during the "Build" process or does everything need to be doubled?

-Jamz

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post May 26 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #41

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,675

I have been playing with your sheet and I can say that I like it very much and find it quite useful.

Two suggestions:

1. Add a "None" line to each of the drop down boxes' arguments that fills in the selected cell with a blank line so that if I want to remove a piece of gear/spell/ability/skill group/etc. I don't have to delete the cell or space bar it. I ran into a couple glitches where either deleting or spacing caused me some math errors.

2. Make sure that the skill group (sorcery, in my experience) ranks add to the total spell pools calculated on the magic worksheet. I could get the correct number when I had the spell casting skill alone, but not when I took the sorcery skill group by itself. I don't want to double up and then have to delete the cost in the skills tables.

Awesome, thanks for the efforts!

+Quote Post
Jamz
post May 26 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #42

Target

1. Although probably easy to do, i may have to redo alot of functions because there is a lot of [if cell="" or isblank] logic and having "None in there would break that. BUT, i'll check to see if I can just add a Blank option that you can select. So far, in my experience, deleteing those types of cells hasn't caused a problem but still a good request.

2. I'll double check that, it should already work, at least it was working on my version (I found the code he was using and had modified for other reasons). Just to clarify, you are talking about the "number of spells you can take during character creation" correct? Which should be = to Spellcasting or Ritual Spellcasting?

-Jamz

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post May 30 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #43

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Jamz @ May 26 2006, 11:48 AM)
2. I'll double check that, it should already work, at least it was working on my version (I found the code he was using and had modified for other reasons). Just to clarify, you are talking about the "number of spells you can take during character creation" correct? Which should be = to Spellcasting or Ritual Spellcasting?

-Jamz

#1, you are correct, using the spacebar puts a character in the cell and the functions go wonky if there is a non-numerical character, or a string it does not expect. Thanks.

#2, No.

When choosing sorcery and conjuring skill groups for mages, the skill groups' ranks (i.e., 1, 2, or 3, etc.) are not added into the dice pools on sheet 2 of the character sheet tabs.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Jun 14 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #44

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

Anyone know what happened to Wiz? He hasn't posted in 6 months.

+Quote Post
Jamz
post Jun 15 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #45

Target

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
#2, No.

When choosing sorcery and conjuring skill groups for mages, the skill groups' ranks (i.e., 1, 2, or 3, etc.) are not added into the dice pools on sheet 2 of the character sheet tabs.

Ahh, ok. well, that's kinda a mute point now since I completly redid the Character Sheets! So all references to the "Build" sheet have been removed and I only refer to the "Advancement" sheet so that should be fixed...

I still have a couple of macro's to write to clear the sheets and to "finalize" your build which will copy some of the stuff over to the Advancement sheet (mostly gear, etc).

I'm almost ready for some testers to, um, well test :)

EDIT: PS. and nope, don't know where Wiz is, so I kinda took over making updates to the spreadsheet. Hopefully he doesn't mind...

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 15 2006, 01:19 PM
Post #46

Neophyte Runner

Cool, and thanks. I am happy to be a tester. I need to get a stable of NPCs anyway. ;)

+Quote Post
sfogarty
post Jun 20 2006, 03:39 AM
Post #47

Target

Member No.: 8,592

I have a very similar modification, with a 'tracking' page noting income and karma earned, and an imporvement page for karma and money expenses after chargen. Perhaps we could coordinate something? I'll send you mine if you send me yours... I'm notable lacking in macro-writing skills.

+Quote Post
Jamz
post Jun 20 2006, 03:57 PM
Post #48

Target

No problem. shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll pass it on.

Hopefully I'll have a version to publicly post in the next week or so (would have been earlier but the GM keeps postponing the game so I've had "longer" to work on it lol)

-Jamz

+Quote Post
Jrayjoker
post Jun 27 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #49

Neophyte Runner

I emailed you a couple little bugs. Also, the bonded power focus/spellcasting focus does not add to the dice pool on the character pages.

Nice so far, I haven't finalized anyone yet.

J

+Quote Post
Jamz
post Jun 28 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #50

Target

QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
I emailed you a couple little bugs. Also, the bonded power focus/spellcasting focus does not add to the dice pool on the character pages.

Nice so far, I haven't finalized anyone yet.

J

Are you sure the email went to the right place? Didn't get any emails from ya.

As far as the Foci go, do you "really" want them added? Meaning, you may not be using the foci all the time, since you can only have so many on and usually don't walk around with them on...

I can see Power Foci, maybe I'll add a yes/no to add it and show it as Magic: 6 (9) or some such?

But spellcasting foci? Spellcasting foci are limited, ie Combat Spells or Health Spells. So if You had one focus, and I added it on the sheet, it would be wrong for any other spell you cast... And what if you had Combat Spellcasting focus rating 3, and an Health Spellcasting focus rating 5?

I do have a lot of room on the magic sheet, I was just going to show the foci, but maybe I can show the foci you have and then the related skill boosts, something like:

Type/rating/skill
Spellcasting (Combat) Focus 4 Spellcasting 6(10)

or some such...

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 06:40 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.