Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shadowrun art?, I dunno...
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 1 2005, 09:21 AM
Post #1

Horror

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,445

Found this at renderotica. The poster said it was a battlemage from his SR game...

Why do I think this player took the distinctive style flaw... About eight times?

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/ShadowDragon8685/RazielKanos-ShadowrunBattlemage.jpg[/IMG]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Sha...nBattlemage.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 1 2005, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

not to mention - compulsion - leathers and a incompetency - armor in general

Must have gotte na lot of BP that way to build up the charisma to a level high enough that it makes the gaurds stop and look for a sec before shooting.

+Quote Post
Ophis
post Oct 1 2005, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Mystery Archaeologist

Member No.: 7,760

NICE!

It look like one of my D+D characters, though she doesn't wear armour at all because it would be stupid to count her fashion choses as protective in any way...

I suspect high agility and gymnasytics to balance in those boots.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 1 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Horror

Goddamnit, I just realized that EvilBucket shrunkled the image BADLY from the original size. Anyone feel like hosting the big version?

+Quote Post
hahnsoo
post Oct 1 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #5

Mr. Johnson

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,014

GM: Okay, the sec guard hits you with an Ares Predator... what's your Ballistic Armor again?
Player: Erm, 0? But I have a Force 4 Armor spell up!
GM: Okay, resist against 5M with 4 net successes.
Player: Erp. Okay. 2 successes.
GM: He takes a second shot.

+Quote Post
Gyro the Greek S...
post Oct 1 2005, 07:59 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,519

So, it's a Shadowrun game where they're all trid stars?

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 1 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #7

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Oct 1 2005, 02:52 PM)
GM: Okay, the sec guard hits you with an Ares Predator... what's your Ballistic Armor again?
Player: Erm, 0?  But I have a Force 4 Armor spell up!
GM: Okay, resist against 5M with 4 net successes.
Player: Erp.  Okay.  2 successes.
GM: He takes a second shot.

In all seriousness, that is that same thing that happens when the sammie or adept relies on a lined coat for protection.

The key to going around armorless is to not get shot. And seriously, who would shoot her dressed like that? She only has to worry about hetrosexual woman, really.

I assume that these woman is a multiple-inititate from one of those weird magic groups. Probably, leather bondage outfits are part of their strictures.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 1 2005, 10:18 PM
Post #8

Horror

Hetrosexual women and homosexual men.

And necrophilliacs.

+Quote Post
frostPDP
post Oct 1 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,205

Its great art. That said, its a great target for a sex-less assassin.

Sorry, but a real runner isn't gonna depend on the .15 ballistics armor that top gives. If she gets shot in the legs, if that leather is armored to any extent, she might be okay. She might also wear an armored jacket OVER the hooker outfit. That's just a possibility, though, and its far more plausible mid-winter than in the summer.

I'd say either a mage or face. A face is a bit more practical, but a mage can use armor foci. Perhaps each breast covering has a small jewel in it...? (Obviously, I'm being fecisious.)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 1 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #10

Midnight Toker

QUOTE (frostPDP @ Oct 1 2005, 05:29 PM)
Its great art.  That said, its a great target for a sex-less assassin.

Sorry, but a real runner isn't gonna depend on the .15 ballistics armor that top gives.  If she gets shot in the legs, if that leather is armored to any extent, she might be okay.  She might also wear an armored jacket OVER the hooker outfit.  That's just a possibility, though, and its far more plausible mid-winter than in the summer.

I'd say either a mage or face.  A face is a bit more practical, but a mage can use armor foci.  Perhaps each breast covering has a small jewel in it...?  (Obviously, I'm being fecisious.)

She could just channel a reat form fire elemental. She stays warm in winter and is protected from those nasty lead projectiles.

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

And necrophilliacs.
I was going to suggest that homosexual men would refrain from shooting her long enough to ask for the name of her tailor, but thought that that was just too inaccuratly sterotypical.

Flaming transvistites, on the other hand......

Are we all sure that this combat mage is a natural female? I was at first, but I'm not so sure now.

Flat hips, slightly misshapen breasts and disproportionate chest, overdone eyebrows, prominant adam's apple - she is most definitely a MtF transsexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

+Quote Post
Aku
post Oct 2 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #11

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (frostPDP @ Oct 1 2005, 05:29 PM)
Its great art.  That said, its a great target for a sex-less assassin.

Sorry, but a real runner isn't gonna depend on the .15 ballistics armor that top gives.  If she gets shot in the legs, if that leather is armored to any extent, she might be okay.  She might also wear an armored jacket OVER the hooker outfit.  That's just a possibility, though, and its far more plausible mid-winter than in the summer.

I'd say either a mage or face.  A face is a bit more practical, but a mage can use armor foci.  Perhaps each breast covering has a small jewel in it...?  (Obviously, I'm being fecisious.)

She could just channel a reat form fire elemental. She stays warm in winter and is protected from those nasty lead projectiles.

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)

And necrophilliacs.
I was going to suggest that homosexual men would refrain from shooting her long enough to ask for the name of her tailor, but thought that that was just too inaccuratly sterotypical.

Flaming transvistites, on the other hand......

Are we all sure that this combat mage is a natural female? I was at first, but I'm not so sure now.

Flat hips, slightly misshapen breasts and disproportionate chest, overdone eyebrows, prominant adam's apple - she is most definitely a MtF transsexual. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

hmm, the surprises some hardened leather (heh...) can hide....

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Oct 2 2005, 04:07 AM
Post #12

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

She might also just be dressed for one of the more outrageous parties in the Sixth World, which would surely frown on an overt showing of armor.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Oct 2 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #13

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

Either that, or she has a condition geas (skimpy, poorly done clothes).

I mean, look at how those shoulder pieces are held on. That looks like cyber to me.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 2 2005, 11:51 AM
Post #14

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

and how is this diffrent from any other female computer rpg character out there?

hell, im guessing that everquest got a lot more sales based on that lady they used in all their adds and on all the boxes.

or for that matter, check whats on the front of most crpg boxes sitting on the shelfs. they most often pack some kind of lady in form fitting and optionaly revealing outfits. and lately they have allso started packing clothes that would make perfect sense on the front page of suicidegirls.com or similar.

still, its a nice image :smokin:

edit:
ugh, major screwup. i missed that this was about someones home rpg session, not a future computer rpg based on shadowrun...

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 2 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #15

Horror

I like it nontheless. :P

+Quote Post
caramel frappuci...
post Oct 2 2005, 10:33 PM
Post #16

Target

Member No.: 7,782

You have horrible tastes. Ewww.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 2 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #17

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Time for a subtitle contest:

"Protect your strengths."

P.S. I'm not entirely convinced that this character would have the Distictive Flaw, depending on the circles she hangs out in. ;)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Oct 3 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #18

Midnight Toker

I doubt the shoulder pads are cyber. They are probably just regular old body modification. Piercings are big in some magical circles. Thy appear to be attached directly to the body and may or may not go firested through bone. It sort of reminds me of that religious festival in which people hang themselves from hooks and march through the street.

+Quote Post
frostPDP
post Oct 3 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,205

You know what they say about peircings; if you just want a clip-on, don't bother.

It appears her right shoulder-bad isn't clipped to anything (it appears the silver button top is too high up) and the left is simply clipped to her shoulder, held in place by a little pressure rather than a piercing.

Could be wrong, though.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Oct 3 2005, 11:56 AM
Post #20

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

subdermal metal strips and magnets in the pads maybe?

+Quote Post
Aku
post Oct 3 2005, 12:10 PM
Post #21

Running, running, running

Member No.: 6,769

m I the only one that is severely questioning the structure of her ankle, given the angle of the shoe compared to her knee?

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Oct 3 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #22

Karma Police

Member No.: 6,505

I noticed that.. slightly after I noticed a few other things. She must have some kind of cybernetic ankle joint.

This is really terrible IMO, by the way.

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post Oct 3 2005, 02:15 PM
Post #23

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

I'd shoot the stupid bimbo. This does not mean that I'm gay. This means that I'm not such a pathetically desperate loser that I turn into a mindless drooling slave at the mere sight of a bad render of an impractically clad woman who clearly hasn't got the sense the gods gave a stunned herring.

+Quote Post
The Question
post Oct 3 2005, 02:20 PM
Post #24

Target

Member No.: 7,166

And how many times is this mage getting attacked per night on her way through the Sprawl? The Big D help her if she gets nabbed by Corpsec...

+Quote Post
Arethusa
post Oct 3 2005, 03:07 PM
Post #25

Runner

Member No.: 4,775

Her clothes are trash, there are problems with her body all over the place, and the entire concept's utter rubbish— but I really just can't stop staring at her ankles and her neck. That is just downright unsettlin'.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.