> New hosting site for the Autarkis based XLS file, Getting close
blakkie
post Oct 2 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,263

http://www.escconsulting.net/sr/SR4Chargen.xls

Lastest file is dated 2005/Oct/02 over top of the Legend at the top rightmost of the main sheet.

As always feel free to take the file and run with it. All the sheets are protected, but the passwords are all blank. Just PM Autarkis and myself if you plan on doing some major work so we hopefully we can avoid having to pick either one or the other improvements, and instead get them all. This one was a fairly major change, not on the main sheet but elsewhere.....

Large rework of the Magic section:
- fixed Spell cost calculation error
- support for Spirits, including BP costs and data validation of all limits (but not checking spirits vs. Tradition)
- data validation for limits on Spells
- better checking for Adept Powers
- now checks to see if character is actually awakened, if not have visual warning on the Magic sheet and DOES NOT include any awakened character BP costs (Spells, spirits, Magic attribute) when totalling up on the main sheet, this means you can switch between awakened character and mundane/techno for a better look at overall character cost, and then back again without having to clear and then reenter all the Magic options
- rearranged layout to fit in smaller window, all except the Attribute arrary from the Powers is very easily visible on 1024x768, very close to all visible for me on 800x600 (although i run with fat menu/title bars and a few toolbars up)
- added Excel tool-tip style comments to help explain what is going on (where ever there are those red triangles in the top-right of the cells)

Added a entirely new section for Technomancers:
- all the general features listed above for the Magic section, except that support is complete for costs and validation purchasing Sprites and Complex Forms
- all visible on 800x600 screen, no dropdowns for Complex Forms (short list, ya!)

'Ware section:
- renamed sheet to "Cyberware/Bioware"
- now displays Avail, and does so correctly for all "Cyberware/Bioware" you select on that sheet, this includes for the few special cases of 'ware with static Avail. for variable Ratings
- will give visual warning if Avail 12 exceeded
- handles Bone Density/Bone Lacing bonus to Body separately
- cleaned up layout to fit easily in 1024x768 except for Attribute matrix (not tested at 800x600, but it should be close), in included improved names and descriptions in the 'ware list, as well as resizing the appropriate columns to alway fully display names/descriptions but no more than needed
- Rating column has more imformative display to let you know when Rating shouldn't be used (includes visual warning on validation errors)
- also the the "N/A" option was removed from the possible Ratings to choose because it is no longer needed with the new layout
- a few more tool-tip comments added
- a Toxin column added for future use tracking those Body check bonuses, but it isn't used yet

Main sheet:
- added display of cash remaining after Cyberware/Bioware purchases right below inital Resource figure
- added some support for Skills at 7 (it calculates the cost, but doesn't not check for the Aptitute Quality for that specific Skill), including more validation for specifying rank for Skill/Skill Group (groups over 4 now display as red on yellow)
- added text for bonus Body that is only used for damage resistance tests (this is from the Bone 'ware), right now it caps this bonus so that when added to the 'normal' augmented Body it will never exceed the augmented max cap, but i'm pondering this as sometimes your Body may temporarily drop (from magic, etc.) so you'll want to know the whole thing even if you can't use it all
- choosing Techno or one of the awakened types causes more changes in the display of "static" text, has better validation checking, and will only include Magic related costs (Spirits, Spells, Magic) for awakened characters and Resonance type costs (Res, Sprites, Forms) for Technos.
- a few more tool-tip comments

P.S. Next phase i'll likely be adding an equipment purchasing section to help buy equipment. I might also add some critical details for the Spells selected since right now it just lists the name and that is all. But i'll likely have to wait till at least mid-week before i get around to even looking into what form that might take.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
calypso
post Oct 2 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,569

You still have the attribute min/max for Orks wrong. Their max Intuition is 6, their max Logic is 5.

I really like the updates, by the way.

Calypso

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 2 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #3

Dragon

QUOTE (calypso)
You still have the attribute min/max for Orks wrong. Their max Intuition is 6, their max Logic is 5.

I really like the updates, by the way.

Calypso

I didn't hear about or notice that problem before??? Damn, must have missed it. I'll reissue it shortly.

Anything else that you remember being busted?

+Quote Post
calypso
post Oct 2 2005, 10:47 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,569

Nope. I generally post 'em as I find 'em.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 2 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #5

Dragon

Fixed and posted. New date above the Legend reads "2005/Oct/02 Afternoon".

I looked back at some of the old characters i created way back, that must have been there since the beginning. I must have just missed your post about it. I also double checked all the other racial modifiers. Just that one was off.

EDIT: BTW i also made a stealth update. :scatter: I fixed up the Adept Powers so that 'Improved Senses [Sense]' actually works when you follow the suggestions for it in the tool-tip about editting the power's name to things like 'Improved Senses, flair, dampen, spatial' then giving it multiple (in this example 3) levels. Before the rest of the line would have turned to a sea of errors that propagated on (all the way to the main page i believe). Now it works fine as long as you keep the 'Improved Senses' beginning of the name intact.

+Quote Post
Straw Man
post Oct 5 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 7,239

I haven't checked this for other situations, but in the case of orks, setting logic at 5 only costs 10 points more than setting it at 4. This should cost 25. (per p. 73, Purchase Attributes).

Well put together XLS, overall. Kudos.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 5 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Damn, how did that boo-boo get in there? It's fixed now, new date above the Legend is "2005/Oct/05". Thanks for the heads up Straw Man.

+Quote Post
Feshy
post Oct 11 2005, 06:35 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

From: Metaplane GEPLK136 (The one with the lizards. You remember the lizards, don't you?)
Member No.: 7,684

The broken cyberlimb page finally bugged me enough to fix it myself. Just let me know where to send it (it's still not 100% -- "ratings" never worked right on any cyberlimb accessory except attribute and armor modifiers, so just don't use them.)

What I fixed:
base cyberlimb cost is actually calculated
odd-numbered limbs don't affect even-numbered limbs anymore
added cyberlimb versions of anything with a capacity value (that is, things that can be installed in cyberlimbs, like sim modules, fingertip compartments, etc)

Really, other than the few things I added, I mostly fixed a single type-o that had been copied and pasted ;)

Oh, and I found a small error: The way the magic sheet handles Foci is wrong. The sheet allows one Foci per magic point; the rules state that you can have 5 x magic in force points of foci. Also, bound spirits and foci are grey'd out, indicating visually how many you can have (given your charisma, magic, etc) -- it would be nice if the same was done for spells.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 11 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #9

Dragon

QUOTE (Feshy @ Oct 11 2005, 12:35 AM)
Oh, and I found a small error:  The way the magic sheet handles Foci is wrong.  The sheet allows one Foci per magic point; the rules state that you can have 5 x magic in force points of foci.  Also, bound spirits and foci are grey'd out, indicating visually how many you can have (given your charisma, magic, etc) -- it would be nice if the same was done for spells.

Not an error...in the sheet. You are not allowed to be bonded to more than 1 focus/Magic point (not just a chargen limitation) AND not allowed more than 5 x Magic in total Force. However the second limit is never a consideration since the maximum Force is 3 due to Avail, therefore you are limited to at most Magic x 3 total Force anyway (unless you take Weapon or Power foci, which the max is Force 2).

QUOTE (Bonding @ page 191)
No magician may bind more foci than her Magic attribute.
Regardless of the number of foci a magician may possess, only
one focus may add its Force to any single dice pool.

EDIT: Note that if you want to purchase more foci than you bond you can do that on the Gear page. Since you aren't bonding them the only limit they affect is cash.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 18 2005, 09:19 AM
Post #10

Dragon

A big, new update is up. First a round of applause please for WavyDavy and Feshy. They did a major rework of the Cyberlimbs so that it now...works. :) They also added support on the same sheet for cybereyes and cyberears to use their Capacity instead of being forced to buy via Essense only.

For those of you running Open Office you should be able to now use the file as they fixed up a major compatibily problem.

Also included in this update is better support for Adept Power names (you can enter the Skill and Sense names at the end of the power), and the option to turn on a House Rule for bonus Contact points (check out the main sheet for this).

I'm tired, so i might have missed or introduced some errors while cleaning up the file (it's now smaller even though it has a lot more functionality in it!) So just post here if you see any problems and i'll get the fix up shortly.

EDIT: I almost forgot, credit goes to NightmareX for the basic concept of the House Rule, although this is a slightly tamed down version that only allocates 2 points * natural Charisma vs. his original 3 points * Charisma (not sure if he included Charisma from Tailored Pheromones).

+Quote Post
Aku
post Oct 18 2005, 12:36 PM
Post #11

Running, running, running

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,769

hey blakkie, can i reccomend putting your updates here, and not in the announcement thread? i think they wanted the announcement thread to be someplace that one could go to quickly find all of the available "stuff" for SR4

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 18 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #12

Dragon

QUOTE (Aku @ Oct 18 2005, 06:36 AM)
hey blakkie, can i reccomend putting your updates here, and not in the announcement thread? i think they wanted the announcement thread to be someplace that one could go to quickly find all of the available "stuff" for SR4

The minor change ones i was hoping to keep to this thread (edit: ya, i had too many in there before), but Adam specifically mentions to have "updated releases" in that one. So i figured since this was a fairly large addition it should go there. *shrug* But maybe I should edit out the old ones to keep the clutter down more.

EDIT: Reduced the posts to one character each, at least you can scroll back it quicker now.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 18 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #13

Dragon

BTW an issue with calculating the Accessories using the proper Grade for the Cyber Parts was noticed and corrected. Updated file, "2005/Oct/18, Noon", has been uploaded.

Also there appears to be an issue with Open Office 2.0 where it will give a macro warning when you open the file. There are no macros, and you do not recieve a warning with Excel. What likely has caused this was i accidentally double clicked the checkbox on the first page while working on the file, which automatically creates an event fuction and puts you into the VBA editor. I deleted the function header and all blank space, and this was good enough to convince Excel there were no macros. Not sure how to purge it enough for OO to correctly identify the lack of macros. PM or post if you have any OO experience and can give suggestions.

+Quote Post
BaronKen
post Oct 18 2005, 04:25 PM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 7,765

Using 2005/Oct/18, Noon

Know./Lang. Points allocated (cell T7) shows as ### for me. Any total of L + I > 3 causes it.

For the Knowledge Skills, on Rows 20, 24, 25, and 26 you can select dropdown cells from columns I, J, or K, instead of the merged cell H (did that make sense?).

For Qualities, need to be able to identify special ones such as Aptitude, Pistols and Allergies (Uncommon, Severe), Pollen. Perhaps done like the Skills area with the extra line added when marked?

Very helpful CharGen, thanks.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 18 2005, 04:40 PM
Post #15

Dragon

QUOTE (BaronKen @ Oct 18 2005, 10:25 AM)
Know./Lang. Points allocated (cell T7) shows as ### for me.  Any total of L + I > 3 causes it.

Looks like the Cell Merge got dropped so double digits runs out of room to display properly (calculates costs properly though), fixed.

For the Knowledge Skills, on Rows 20, 24, 25, and 26 you can select dropdown cells from columns I, J, or K, instead of the merged cell H (did that make sense?).

Yes it does. Cell Merge had dropped there too. Fixed.

For Qualities, need to be able to identify special ones such as Aptitude, Pistols and Allergies (Uncommon, Severe), Pollen.  Perhaps done like the Skills area with the extra line added when marked?

This is a possible future change. Not sure yet, it might alternatively get done like the Adept Powers where you select off the list and then edit inside the square brackets. This requires an extra hidden column that does the partial matches specifically for those Qualities, comparing only enough characters at the start to ensure you have the correct Quality and ignoring the ending.

Very helpful CharGen, thanks.

As were you finding those glitches. Enjoy.

Fixed file has been uploaded, now is "2005/Oct/18, Afternoon".

+Quote Post
Adam
post Oct 18 2005, 06:11 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (blakkie)
The minor change ones i was hoping to keep to this thread (edit: ya, i had too many in there before), but Adam specifically mentions to have "updated releases" in that one. So i figured since this was a fairly large addition it should go there. *shrug* But maybe I should edit out the old ones to keep the clutter down more.

I just went and deleted the mostly empty posts, and I'll try to delete out of date update posts on a regular basis from now on. I do want people to post about updates in that thread, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be posted elsewhere as well.

Actually, what I really want is a volunteer to update the front page of dumpshock with that sort of info ...

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Oct 18 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #17

Dragon

QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 18 2005, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Oct 18 2005, 10:09 AM)
The minor change ones i was hoping to keep to this thread (edit: ya, i had too many in there before), but Adam specifically mentions to have "updated releases" in that one. So i figured since this was a fairly large addition it should go there.  *shrug*  But maybe I should edit out the old ones to keep the clutter down more.

I just went and deleted the mostly empty posts, and I'll try to delete out of date update posts on a regular basis from now on. I do want people to post about updates in that thread, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be posted elsewhere as well.

Actually, what I really want is a volunteer to update the front page of dumpshock with that sort of info ...

Thanks Adam.

EDIT: Looks like you missed the one from Oct. 5.

P.S. As an aside i haven't been to the DS front page in months. I don't know how common that is among people that frequent here, but i thought i'd let you know. It doesn't help that there is no [obvious?] link from here to there, and i hate typing. ;)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.