> SR Pet Peeves
Shanshu Freeman
post Oct 22 2005, 07:10 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,110

Post your pet peeves here, I'll start.

One of my biggest sr pet peeves is when people don't understand basic equipment. I see it here, on the boards all the time, especially with grenades. They are often described as the pin and ring, handles and all pineapples of WWII. Now call me anal, but I'm a stickler for details.

IIRC, the books describe them as electronic and ring or disc shaped (for areodynamic, I forget about the non.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Oct 22 2005, 07:27 AM
Post #2

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

can be both IIRC. Can also be set to go off upon impact with something, which is always funny when a runner tries to bat it back with their rifle (ahh... that was good times).

I hate having to calculate CXII damage for players that decide to carry lots of it, but won't calculate their own damage :S

+Quote Post
Shanshu Freeman
post Oct 22 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,110

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
can be both IIRC.

in that case I stand as an example of my own idiocy.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Oct 22 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

It's not like all the current-tech grenades are going to get launched in a rocket ship at the heart of the sun any time soon. For much the same reason you can purchase Yugo (or Chinese, or several other Commie-satellite country) SKS rifles (50+ years old) for next to nothing, I imagine in Shadowrun's timeline you can get "outdated" grenades, still. And AK 47's. And old kevlar vests, and helmets, and (god knows) MRE's.

The stuff doesn't magically disappear once a newer, "better," model comes out. And if an out-dated weapon is gonna end up anywhere, years after a newer electronic doohicky covered in bells and whistles shows up, that out-dated weapon's gonna be on the streets.

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Oct 22 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

QUOTE (Critias)
And old kevlar vests [...]

Unless the materials have all changed, I'd stick with flexible body armor manufactured in the last 15 or so years. It won't fall apart, but I wouldn't want to be wearing it when I first notice it no longer stands up to design specifications.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Oct 22 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #6

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

Sick of GMs who dump you in 'their' world and expect you to know whatever minor details they've put in without telling you in advance or giving you warning that you're doing it wrong (although this is more of a CP2020 complaint than SR. In SR at least you can point to the book and say HEY! Cops don't do that and most cars don't require biometrics.)

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 22 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

I don't mind a little deviation from canon as its freeing for the GM and can lead to a much better game, in my experience.

Within reason, of course - I draw the line at Great Dragons being sent on SRTs. :grinbig:

-Siege

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Oct 22 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #8

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (Critias)
And if an out-dated weapon is gonna end up anywhere, years after a newer electronic doohicky covered in bells and whistles shows up, that out-dated weapon's gonna be on the streets.

true dat. this is why a lot of "Street gangs" and such in SR carry AKs and frags.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Oct 23 2005, 11:23 AM
Post #9

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

There are some illustrations of grenades in FoF on page 48.

My pet peeves are deliberately freeing a spirit so that it can be permanently bound as a free spirit and people wanting to channel ally spirits and/or free spirits but retaining control of them after the channeling period ends.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:41 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.