IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Archetype for a Jailbird, I did the time, now for more crime.
Starfurie
post Nov 19 2005, 04:38 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,544

I'm working up a new character and can't come to a decision. I'm playing an ork jailbird (Police record flaw) and trying to decided between a physad and a sammie. If I go sammie I need to carry enough hard to disable/remove cyberware to still be functional as a runner until I can get the rest reinabled.

Short term goal is to get all my cyberware reinabled (physad or sammie, I have a smartgun link at least) and leave NO evidence pointing back to me. Long-term is get my eyes, finger-prints and DNA altered before geting a new ID.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Nov 19 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #2

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

If you go with a Physad, they could have just burned you out with stims.

Dermal Sheathing, Bone Lacing, Muscle Augmentation, and Skillwires would be difficult to disable, off the top of my head.

A Datajack is easy to disable but there is no reason for them to do so unless you're a whiz decker. It has too many legitimate uses and is perfectly legal. When you were in prision it would have been simple to control your matrix access. Likewise, a chipjack is easily disabled but there is little point to it except to prevent the use of BTLs and disabling cybereyes is only counterproductive.

+Quote Post
Slump
post Nov 19 2005, 11:25 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,492

Skillwires are really easy to disable, just make them run skilltwichers with the interference programming bug -- the one that can cause permanant damage to the skillwires.

Sure, you can (eventually) get them working again with enough surgery and money, but they're pretty well shut down for a nice long while.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Nov 19 2005, 01:23 PM
Post #4

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
A Datajack is easy to disable but there is no reason for them to do so unless you're a whiz decker. It has too many legitimate uses and is perfectly legal. When you were in prision it would have been simple to control your matrix access. Likewise, a chipjack is easily disabled but there is little point to it except to prevent the use of BTLs and disabling cybereyes is only counterproductive.

I figure it's the principle of the thing -- they'd epoxy in a Jackstopper, just to remind you that they can. Taken to extremes, not disablilng cyberware on a criminal who's not a "decker" is like not checking them for knives unless they're in their for aggravated assault or something.

They'd plug up 'jacks because they can plug up 'jacks, the jacks might still be able to cause problems (especially that BTL issue you mentioned), and because there's really no reason at all not to do so.

+Quote Post
Edward
post Nov 19 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

I would expect a data jack to be left active depending on the nature of the prison system. Today prisoners have access to computers in many prisons, those guilty of computer crimes would be blocked. Also on leaving the prison any legal cyerwear would want to be active to increase your chances of getting a job so the state (or corp) dose not hav to pay for your further incarceration.

I would say everything with a legality code of legal would be unmodified but the time you leave. Much cyber wear is not worth the effort of disabling, even a smart gun link is useless inside (prison officers should have smartlinnk safeties on there weapons). Although I would probably flash its firm wear to a usles state.

As to phisads being burned out on stims it was mentioned in one book that especially nasty prisons do thisbut most consider it inhumain. (the procedure imposes several mental flaws).

Edward

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post Nov 19 2005, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

If you haven't checked it out yet, SOTA 2064 offers some GREAT ideas on jail or ex-jail related ideas.

+Quote Post
Starfurie
post Nov 19 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 6,544

QUOTE (Backgammon)
If you haven't checked it out yet, SOTA 2064 offers some GREAT ideas on jail or ex-jail related ideas.

Yes, I own it. It's what inspired the character. I've already planned several details. My parol officer is a contact (debating between 1 & 2) and I have the day job flaw (1,000 :nuyen: ) to pay for my low-lifestyle, and I'm picking up a LS cop as an enemy (he's trying to find dirt on me to send me back).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.