IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Making Foci, How do you make the damn things anyway?
jerrico49
post Nov 23 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,840

This is the first time that I've really played SR and I'm playing a mage. I've been reading over the rules and I cant find anything that specifically talks about making foci. I know that you can just purchase what you need but I think that it would be cool if you could do it yourself (paying the appropriate materials cost of course).

I also wondered if there was a way to specifically attune a foci to a specific school of magic (Healing, Sensing, Combat etc.) Would it increase the power or just decrease the materials cost? Could it be made to encompass other abilities, say to hold a specific spell so that anyone could use the benefits (Glasses that would increase the users perceptions or allow them to assense).

Just a few questions that I had.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FrankTrollman
post Nov 23 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #2

Prime Runner

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7,665

In previous editions, rules for manufacturing foci came out in the magic book. The magic book for SR4 will be called Street Magic. It would not be a bad bet to put money on enchanting rules being put into that book.

-Frank

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Nov 23 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #3

Decker on the Threshold

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,156

Enchanting will likely be in Street Magic, when it comes out. Until then you're basically left to house-rules. There's a bunch of that sort of thing on these boards; Frank's got some really sweet house rules for all sorts of junk.

+Quote Post
Lilt
post Nov 23 2005, 11:53 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 2,032

Gah. Magic in the Shadows was a cool name for a book, Grimoire was similarly cool. Why can't they come up with anything good this time, or is street magic just a working name?

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Nov 24 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #5

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

I don't mind the Street Magic title myself.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Nov 24 2005, 02:41 AM
Post #6

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

I thought it interesting that the Grimoire was the 14th edition and when Grimoire 2 came out it was the 15th edition. Too bad they got away from that.

+Quote Post
stevebugge
post Nov 24 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 7,996

In the SR3 to SR4 conversion PDF they mention that if you have the enchanting skill to keep it, it will be re-introduced in an upcoming sourcebook.

+Quote Post
Xenith
post Nov 24 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,361

If you check the site now, they have the street magic book info on it. Yes, enchanting and lots 'o other neat and wizzer stuff will be in that book. :spin:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.