Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making Foci
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
jerrico49
This is the first time that I've really played SR and I'm playing a mage. I've been reading over the rules and I cant find anything that specifically talks about making foci. I know that you can just purchase what you need but I think that it would be cool if you could do it yourself (paying the appropriate materials cost of course).

I also wondered if there was a way to specifically attune a foci to a specific school of magic (Healing, Sensing, Combat etc.) Would it increase the power or just decrease the materials cost? Could it be made to encompass other abilities, say to hold a specific spell so that anyone could use the benefits (Glasses that would increase the users perceptions or allow them to assense).

Just a few questions that I had.
FrankTrollman
In previous editions, rules for manufacturing foci came out in the magic book. The magic book for SR4 will be called Street Magic. It would not be a bad bet to put money on enchanting rules being put into that book.

-Frank
Eyeless Blond
Enchanting will likely be in Street Magic, when it comes out. Until then you're basically left to house-rules. There's a bunch of that sort of thing on these boards; Frank's got some really sweet house rules for all sorts of junk.
Lilt
Gah. Magic in the Shadows was a cool name for a book, Grimoire was similarly cool. Why can't they come up with anything good this time, or is street magic just a working name?
Fortune
I don't mind the Street Magic title myself.
tisoz
I thought it interesting that the Grimoire was the 14th edition and when Grimoire 2 came out it was the 15th edition. Too bad they got away from that.
stevebugge
In the SR3 to SR4 conversion PDF they mention that if you have the enchanting skill to keep it, it will be re-introduced in an upcoming sourcebook.
Xenith
If you check the site now, they have the street magic book info on it. Yes, enchanting and lots 'o other neat and wizzer stuff will be in that book. spin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012