IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shapeshifters in Sr4?, I've seen ghoul Conversions....
Gothic Rose
post Dec 17 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #26

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,803

QUOTE (boskop-albatros)
Ok first if there arre any obsidianmen around and they need to travel wouldn't they just use a bigboat? (or just stay around their liferock in the remote awakened lands)

also just gotta ask---what about Dragons?___NOT GREAT FORMS & LASTLY

ReticulanGrays---YES THE ALIENS THAT MICHEAL JACKSON LOOKS LIKE?

& more---reptiliod aliens (the ones The president(yes BushJr.) are supossed to be--NOT T'Skrang

Star Warrior Space Dwarves(Blue skinned and No body hair)

Nordic human looking aliens (from the plaidies)
Black looking human aliens (form alpha centari)
AmericanIndian looking human aliens (from Epsilion Endri)

Thank You

....wuh...?

:dead:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 17 2005, 11:31 AM
Post #27

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

Are you insane?

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Dec 17 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #28

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

I'm just going to waite for an official SR4 rule book to come out and then see.

+Quote Post
Dread Polack
post Dec 17 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #29

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,822

QUOTE (boskop-albatros)
Ok first if there arre any obsidianmen around and they need to travel wouldn't they just use a bigboat? (or just stay around their liferock in the remote awakened lands)

also just gotta ask---what about Dragons?___NOT GREAT FORMS & LASTLY

ReticulanGrays---YES THE ALIENS THAT MICHEAL JACKSON LOOKS LIKE?

& more---reptiliod aliens (the ones The president(yes BushJr.) are supossed to be--NOT T'Skrang

Star Warrior Space Dwarves(Blue skinned and No body hair)

Nordic human looking aliens (from the plaidies)
Black looking human aliens (form alpha centari)
AmericanIndian looking human aliens (from Epsilion Endri)

Thank You

Wow, someone else here listens to Cost to Coast AM. :)

Frank makes the point that there are races, and there are playable races, there are not-easily played races, and there are are nigh-impossibly played races.

Yeah, you could build a dragon PC if you wanted to, but what the hell is he doing shadowrunning. I could see a few awake Obsidimen or T'Skrang walking around out there somwhere, but I don't think they're ready to become shadowrunners. You'd have to run a pretty interesting campaign to work them in.

I think the same is true for ghouls and shapeshifters. The first thing anyone needs to realize about shapeshifters is that they're not werewolves a la Werewolf the RPG. SR likes to have their own take on mythological critters. As such, if you're talking about werewolves, you're either talking about wolf shapeshifters or loup-garous. Loup-garous are similar in intelligence and behavior to a ghoul, while shapeshifters are animals that can take on humanoid form.

As Frank said, different animal forms are more useful than others. While in human form, attribute bonuses would be very light, if any.

Dread Polack

+Quote Post
Jestercat
post Dec 17 2005, 08:59 PM
Post #30

Target

Member No.: 8,074

The nature of a Shapeshifter as a shadowrunner is an odd one. A shapeshifter's "shadowrunning" career usually starts out as blatant eco-terrorism, if such a thing arises - that's hardly all shifters. If they get into that, though...it's easy to see them picking a few things up from their teammates.

Additionally, there's the "descent into the shadows" angle - a shapeshifter who tried to integrate with human society then realized how messed up it is. I think this is more the angle you get with Kitsune, as she appears to be in her early thirties, with rather world-weary features. Like Jake, she's learned far too much in too short a time to accept any of it, hence she became a shadowrunner (though an absolutely horrible one, who spends the majority of her "working time" in hospital). :P

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 17 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #31

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,827

yeah I just threw every speicies I've heard about in the UFO Mythology against the wall to see what would happen

Some where a bit much(the reptilliods for example)--but I don't see why Shadowrun Couldn't have Grays and StarWarriors ---{the star warriors are supossed to live on the hopi reservation out west--they are 5ft tall, muscular and stocky, have blue skin and are bald--that sounds like a tall space dwarf? doesn't it?} :rotate:

+Quote Post
Mr.Platinum
post Dec 17 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #32

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,853

I have a friendwho has a NPC Fox Shape shifter with amnesia, she's one of the more interesting NPC's i have ever come across.
She seems to have a metahuman social upbringing but every once in a while snaps with her instinctive needs.

The only thing she knows is that she came from some where beneath the earths crust some where.

Now after reviewing some of the books i know he got the idea to very minute references to something or some organization that comes from below.

The refernces is one that i know of off hand is some under ground group is selling some form of mushroom drug new to the 6th world and i think i remeber 2 other books refering to it.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 19 2005, 02:05 AM
Post #33

Moving Target

so any one got rules for Grays (Reticulans)?

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Dec 19 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #34

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,773

QUOTE (boskop-albatros)

Sure!

Reticulans "Grays"

Do not exist in Shadowrun.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 19 2005, 07:31 PM
Post #35

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

QUOTE (Azralon)
QUOTE (boskop-albatros)

Sure!

Reticulans "Grays"

Do not exist in Shadowrun.

That's only what the UCAS government wants you to think Man! The truth is out there. I want to believe! :silly:

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Dec 19 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #36

Shooting Target

Heh, Paul.

Ooh, I should target that demographic by selling cyberskulls made out of tinfoil.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 19 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #37

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Azralon)
Heh, Paul.

Ooh, I should target that demographic by selling cyberskulls made out of tinfoil.

Only if the tinfoil has been given a coat of WiFi supressive paint, to keep out those nasty Technomancer mindhack beams.

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Dec 19 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #38

Shooting Target

Certainly! Our wide range of anti-cosmic colors were alchemised by licensed magicologists utilizing ancient Atlantean pigments and Martian mineral oils.

Buy now and we'll include a genuine fossilized Obsidiman organ, guaranteed to ward off 100% of all Invae and Horoi. Our friendly hackers are standing by to receive your financial transaction code now!

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 20 2005, 05:46 AM
Post #39

Moving Target

ok first of all once the NAN took over all the Alien tech in Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico was most likely moved out (Rosswell is in Aztlan now can't let those Azzies get their hands on Alien tech)

China Lake was said to be cleaned out too in the CalFree Source Book (Also China lake is alot closer to the beach now...maybe with climate change the dry desert lakes will start to fill in) If their is any left there it is probably under corp control (Ares most likely, followed by Horizon, and then Evo)

In the Eastern part of NorthAmerica the UCAS's Alien tech share is at Montawk Long Island and Ong's Hat New Jersey (the mind control stuff would be in Ft Mead Maryland)

The CAS's Alien tech share would be at Savanna River South Carolina

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 20 2005, 06:22 AM
Post #40

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (boskop-albatros @ Dec 20 2005, 12:46 AM)
The CAS's Alien tech share would be at Savanna River South Carolina

Actually, that's Savannah with an "h". And it's usually not referred to without the third word of it's name: Savannah River Site, (Though before the 1990s, it was the Savannah River Plant).

Interesting choice for placement BTW. While it is one of the larger Federal Government reservations (comparable in geographical size to a large urban center such as Atlanta or Washington D.C.), and would likely remain so up through SR's time (even through the secession), it's not a military site. It belongs to the Department of Energy, with the bulk of the land stewardship provided by the US Forestry Service.

If it had been me, I would have said that the CAS would hide their alien tech someplace else, like Ft. Knox Kentucky (The military base, not the gold repository next door). Sure, Ft. Knox doesn't have a National Laboratory like SRS, but being home to one of the Army's Armor Centers makes it that much easier to take that alientech and incorporate it into the latest generation of ground-effect thunderbirds.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 20 2005, 06:32 AM
Post #41

Moving Target

sorry but Kentucky is still UCAS in the shadowrun world (unlike harry turtledove's alt time line where Kentucky is still ConFed but Missouri is still all union)

sorry about the spelling guess that gives it away that I'm not CASin

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 20 2005, 06:44 AM
Post #42

Neophyte Runner

*Checks Map*
Damn. :mad:

Still I'd think Alientech would be a military base thing. And as for the spelling, seeing as I live about a 15 minute drive from the place, it just seemed odd to see it referred to like that.

And I'm kind of surprised that through this whole thread hijack, we've not yet seen a visit from this guy: ----> :alien:

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 20 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #43

Moving Target

sorry about the highjack but I kinda highjacked myself- I'm making this list now to rap everything up-This is a ranking of experimental shadowrun player characters (SHAPESHIFTERS included) and what I think would be their levels of rarity

Level 1(not too crazy): Shapeshifters, Ghouls, and HMHVV cases where the victim can still read[both kinds of vamps, banshees, and windigos]
Level 1.5(too rare for level one but too cool for level 2)-Sasquach/Yeti(and all other world wide variants)

Level 2 (getting extream) HMHVV cases that turn said victim's brain to mush(Loup-garou, goblin, Doo-Na-Quaz-Na/Formoi{mutaquad}

Level 3 (GM asks "Why are you busting my ass") All Non-Shadowrun earthdawn Races EXCEPT ULK-MEN[they need horrors to even exist-which means to have them YOU'LL BE FIGHTING HORRORS!!] and Nagas, Merrows, and Lesheys (Can't wait to play a Single Spell Leshey adapt!!)

Level 4 (GM asks "those drugs must be good, can I get a bump?)
Star-Warrior Space Dwarves (just a metavarient form from space with blue skin, no body hair at all[totally bald], and probably better reach because they are on the tall side for a Dwarf [5 ft Tall])
Grays(Reticulans)-nothing more needs to be said
Ulk-Men (Damm I have to find my ED Horrors source book)

Level 5 (even I wouldn't use them)
Reptiliods (Our President{BushJr})

Thats all folks!

:D 8)

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 21 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #44

Moving Target

also I forgot about Bladersnatches (THEY WOULD BE LEVEL 2)

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Dec 21 2005, 03:59 PM
Post #45

Shooting Target

:|

+Quote Post
PlatonicPimp
post Dec 22 2005, 06:10 PM
Post #46

Running Target

Member No.: 1,320

You know, That was almost coherent.

ALMOST.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 22 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #47

Moving Target

oops sorry I also forgot NON-greatform Dragons (They would be level 3) :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:22 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.