Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Earthdown Crossover with SR, ...and SURGE
Cang
post Dec 16 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,077

I have a player who wants to be hit with SURGE. He doesn't care how, he thinks it would be fun. I agreed. At first i wanted to make him lizard like but now i am thinking to make him somewhat like a T'skang from Earthdawn. We are doing Harlequins adventure and i would think it would be fun if Harlequin called him a T'skang (being an immortal elf and all, he probaly knows about them). Do you think its a good idea and how would i convert him into something like that. I don't know anything really about character creation in Earthdawn.

PS. do T'skrang shed thier skin. If i am going to post his characters abilities, i want him to loss that pesky orthoskin of his. :cyber:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Dec 16 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

T'skrang do not shed. However, if he had ortho before he SURGEd then he is in big trouble. Large parts of him would be unprotected assuming he didn't just destroy the ortho. You'd also have to decide on what sort of shapes his body took. My T'skrang has a beak like a small herbivore dinosaur and a rather large head crest that goes from his head to the base of his neck. Add to this his kangaroo sized tail and his orange and red coloration. T'skrang can be just about any form and the book talks about duckbill, spoonbill, and other shaped mouths. no crests, spiky tails, plates like a stegasaur (sp?), blue coloration, etc.

As to game abilities, BARSCILW of 22112111 with E1 and they are able to hold things with their tail (tail attack ability in ED is STR+3 steps so tail attack should be about S/2+1 in SR4).

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Dec 16 2005, 05:08 PM
Post #3

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (Cheops)
BARSCILW of 22112111 with E1.

What?

+Quote Post
Valentinew
post Dec 16 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,922

Body Agility, etc ... with Edge 1

+Quote Post
Cang
post Dec 16 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

thanks alot.. i think during his "transformation" he will have to go to the hospital and they will have to remove his orthoskin due to his SURGE effect. I think i'll have him go through this after we do a run in glowcity to keep him guessing exactly what happend to him. Not sure where i am going to run with this, but i think it can get really fun. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Cheops
post Dec 16 2005, 05:23 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Member No.: 392

QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (Cheops @ Dec 16 2005, 12:04 PM)
BARSCILW of 22112111 with E1.

What?

I is lazeeee...

That sounds like a pretty cool idea Cang. Is your group at all familiar with ED? If not they'll be filling their drawers with brown stuff. You may want to make the transformation gradual too to really make it look like some sort of cancer/mutation. BTW, it isn't exactly in canon ED but in my group we assume that T'skrang only have cloacas (sp?) so males and females both look exactly the same gender wise and have no easily discernable sex bits. It is canon that the males are the ones who raise the young and produce the milk for the babies. That might provide some added OMG! for the player.

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 17 2005, 12:47 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 7,398

Umm...

T'skrang hatch from eggs that the great dragons are keeping under magical stasis right now, because T'skrang need a certain level of ambient magic to reproduce, so if they woke up now, they couldn't.

+Quote Post
Cang
post Dec 17 2005, 01:32 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

couldn't reprduce or couldn't be in shadowrun? I am planing of him to sort of "goblinize" into one or something that looks like one.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Dec 17 2005, 01:43 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i'm pretty sure i remember looking at a crossover information file once that mentioned someone SURGEd into what sounded suspiciously like a T'skrang.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Dec 17 2005, 01:58 AM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I can fairly rule out any canon references to such a SURGEling.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Dec 17 2005, 02:00 AM
Post #11

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

Why not? They have the blood elf thorns as a SURGE effect in the book. I think maybe the only good way to use SURGE might be to add some ED splashes to Shadowrun.

+Quote Post
Cang
post Dec 17 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

7125 (Corporate Download)

Lofwyr's servant Scale appears to be a drake, along the lines of an Earthdawn drake. Scale's appearence as a lizard-man could imply the existence of T'skrang in Shadowrun as well as Earthdawn.

something from the ancient files i found :lick:

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 17 2005, 02:56 AM
Post #13

Running Target

The T'skrang still exist, they're just all in hibernation, waiting until the mana levels get high enough for them to start reproducing again. There's nothing stopping them from waking up now, it's just that any that do will reduce the breeding population later on, weakening the race in general.

Earthdawn-style drakes are different in that they're magical constructs created by dragon magic, they don't reproduce naturally.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 17 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,827

Leave it to me to bring this up but couldn't the T'Skrang if they SURGE/Awaken Early then Cluster in parts of the world with Mana Spikes produced by ManaNode clusters or Even a LOCUS?---__ {only a few places like that}:please: Or in other words--if their is a LifeRock &/or ObsidianPeople--{even fewer are possible for THAT! at this time} [being gender neutral now] around them---then the mana in that area would be high enough for them to breed?________OF COURSE THESE COULD ALL BE JUST FURTHER developments in the 6th world culture durring the 2070's___ :cyber: :grinbig: Which will a turbulent time of political reconstruction and inovation----- :spin: :twirl: :)

+Quote Post
phasmaphobic
post Dec 17 2005, 07:04 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,070

QUOTE (nick012000)
Umm...

T'skrang hatch from eggs that the great dragons are keeping under magical stasis right now, because T'skrang need a certain level of ambient magic to reproduce, so if they woke up now, they couldn't.

Really? Where did you read this? I must have missed it, but I would love to read up on it.

And Since I'm out of the loop, what about Obsidimen? And windlings?

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 17 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #16

Running Target

If memory serves, I read it somewhere on these forums. I think it was by Ancient History, I'm not sure. *shrugs* I might be wrong.

And windlings are around, they just aren't sentient yet, if memory serves. They're the Sprites from Paranormal Animals of Europe and/or Critters.

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 17 2005, 10:54 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

but how do we know that they aren't sentinent yet!!--FREE THE WINDLINGS!!!!:cyber:

+Quote Post
nick012000
post Dec 17 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Because Critters says so? :D

+Quote Post
Gothic Rose
post Dec 17 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,803

QUOTE (boskop-albatros)
but how do we know that they aren't sentinent yet!!--FREE THE WINDLINGS!!!!:cyber:

Because they're windlings, dude.

Windlings aren't sentient. They're little bugs that pretend to be :P

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Dec 17 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #20

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (phasmaphobic)

The overall magic/mana level isn't high enough to support the existence of these races. Or powerful magic like the adepts of ED and the high-circle spells of that age.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Dec 17 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #21

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

QUOTE (phasmaphobic)
QUOTE (nick012000 @ Dec 16 2005, 04:47 PM)
Umm...

Really? Where did you read this? I must have missed it, but I would love to read up on it.

Denizens of Earthdawn Books I and II. T'skrang do indeed lay eggs, though they aren't always fertile, especially in low-mana areas.

Obsidimen are kinda like flesh-form earth spirits.

+Quote Post
mintcar
post Dec 17 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #22

Karma Police

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,505

I donīt remember right now, but wasnīt there something in ED that makes it impossible for obsidimen to still exist in SR? Like they were extinct or something?

+Quote Post
boskop-albatros
post Dec 17 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

well if you look around on line you can find windling rules--(don't remember where it was and if the sit is still up)

I just wanna know if Windlings and T'Skrang can get cyber or bio mods (I'm not crazy enough to suggest modifying Obsidionmen) :cyber:

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Dec 18 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #24

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (mintcar)
I donīt remember right now, but wasnīt there something in ED that makes it impossible for obsidimen to still exist in SR? Like they were extinct or something?

The mana level is not high enough in the current SR-setting.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 18 2005, 05:40 AM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

I'm no loremonger, but I thought all the liferocks ended up getting mined for mineral wealth by SR's time. I seem to remember something official to that subject from the old FASA days.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:24 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.