Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Smartlink Question
Findar
post Dec 20 2005, 04:02 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,056

If you have a smartlinked gun and smarlink glasses can you still do all the same things with the smartlink like eject clips, etc. you can with a cyberware smartlink?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
masterTwig
post Dec 20 2005, 04:10 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 7,733

You need a Direct Neural Interface for giving commands to your weapon, either through a datajack or trode net... I think.

+Quote Post
masterTwig
post Dec 20 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 7,733

There was an idea someone made back about the use of voice commands to eject clips and such - speaking being a free action.

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 20 2005, 06:37 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

In my games, I've ruled that the cost of getting the Smartlink accessory for your external eyewear covers a specialized set of 'trodes that are limited to just enough functionality to cover all the fun smartgun tricks, like taking DNI commands, giving you the tactile AR overlay of the "happiness is a warm gun" effect and so on. These can be built into the earpieces of a set of standard goggles/glasses, and for the contacts, there's a seperate, highly concealable 'trode that can be worn just behind the ear. This seperate 'trode communicates via WiFi or skinlinking with the rest of the smartlink circutry that's built into the contact itself.

+Quote Post
Azralon
post Dec 20 2005, 04:22 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,773

QUOTE (masterTwig)
There was an idea someone made back about the use of voice commands to eject clips and such - speaking being a free action.

Runner: (to gun) "Armor piercing."
Gun: (in immediate reply) "Armor piercing."

+Quote Post
RunnerPaul
post Dec 20 2005, 09:45 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 364

Given the existance of the voice modulator in SR, I'd trust voice commands about as far as I'd trust a smartlink running over WiFi, no matter how many Judge Dread references you toss in.

+Quote Post
Butterblume
post Dec 22 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 8,081

We discussed it and came up with various options, like voice commands, arm/hand movement or eye movement (e.g. looking at an eject movement and blink eyes twice).

Then we thougt about it some more, stated: Yup, a free action. Doesn't really matter how exactly, its principle is sound, and moved on ;).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:47 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.