Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smartlink Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Findar
If you have a smartlinked gun and smarlink glasses can you still do all the same things with the smartlink like eject clips, etc. you can with a cyberware smartlink?
masterTwig
You need a Direct Neural Interface for giving commands to your weapon, either through a datajack or trode net... I think.
masterTwig
There was an idea someone made back about the use of voice commands to eject clips and such - speaking being a free action.
RunnerPaul
In my games, I've ruled that the cost of getting the Smartlink accessory for your external eyewear covers a specialized set of 'trodes that are limited to just enough functionality to cover all the fun smartgun tricks, like taking DNI commands, giving you the tactile AR overlay of the "happiness is a warm gun" effect and so on. These can be built into the earpieces of a set of standard goggles/glasses, and for the contacts, there's a seperate, highly concealable 'trode that can be worn just behind the ear. This seperate 'trode communicates via WiFi or skinlinking with the rest of the smartlink circutry that's built into the contact itself.
Azralon
QUOTE (masterTwig)
There was an idea someone made back about the use of voice commands to eject clips and such - speaking being a free action.

Runner: (to gun) "Armor piercing."
Gun: (in immediate reply) "Armor piercing."
RunnerPaul
Given the existance of the voice modulator in SR, I'd trust voice commands about as far as I'd trust a smartlink running over WiFi, no matter how many Judge Dread references you toss in.
Butterblume
We discussed it and came up with various options, like voice commands, arm/hand movement or eye movement (e.g. looking at an eject movement and blink eyes twice).

Then we thougt about it some more, stated: Yup, a free action. Doesn't really matter how exactly, its principle is sound, and moved on wink.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012