> More drones, drones
Ragna
post Dec 29 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,109

Heya me again!

Is there any drones that can be used as utility drone, used to open security doors and such, kinda like your own personal r2d2, or something simular?
Suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ragna
post Dec 29 2005, 04:31 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 8,109

Okay! can i hack through a drone? using the eyes of the drone and my hacking skills?

+Quote Post
kigmatzomat
post Dec 29 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

From: Louisville, KY (Well, Memphis, IN technically but you won't know where that is.)
Member No.: 7,626

To my knowledge there are no "stock" drones with any significant motor skills nor built-in tools. I won't be surprised if some form of breaking/entering drone is in one of the supplements.

Unlike the SW setting where R2 units are as common as philips head screwdrivers, the SR4 universe does not have access points conveniently located at almost identical heights next to all doors.

You could probably build a drone with a manipulator limb that can link to hardwired networks, turning your drone into a wireless bridge. You'll have to deal with the fact that most drones have System ratings of 3. IIRC this will limit your hacking tools when using the node as a jump-off point.

+Quote Post
fenikso
post Dec 29 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 8,103

QUOTE (kigmatzomat)
You'll have to deal with the fact that most drones have System ratings of 3. IIRC this will limit your hacking tools when using the node as a jump-off point.

Just load there better OS, could not you?

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Dec 29 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

No and no.

System/Pilot is limited to Response - and Programs to System, but only to the Node they are run on.

There is no bottleneck in SR4.

+Quote Post
fenikso
post Dec 29 2005, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Target

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
No and no.

System/Pilot is limited to Response - and Programs to System, but only to the Node they are run on.

There is no bottleneck in SR4.

So good rigger can have nice time upgrading come chips in drone (speak to your GM), to have better response.
And I thought he will be bored :D .

+Quote Post
Tarko
post Dec 30 2005, 03:16 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,110

If you ever get bored in SR, or in any other game for that matter, I think you are forgetting something.... or your GM really sucks :D

+Quote Post
fenikso
post Dec 30 2005, 09:16 AM
Post #8

Target

QUOTE (Tarko)
If you ever get bored in SR, or in any other game for that matter, I think you are forgetting something.... or your GM really sucks :D

I thought rigger is going to be bored, if he can not upgrade his drones :grinbig: .

+Quote Post
Demon_Bob
post Dec 31 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,226

Upgrade drones - see GM.
Took spider drones concept (those little guys about the size of a car remote) and made Scorpian Drones. They were also small with one dose of poison in a stinger. Then ran them all as a single subscribed device. Nobody feared one but 20 was a different story. Also had a container where I could store them for transport and have them refill thier poison.

+Quote Post
MaxHunter
post Jan 1 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

From: Montevideo, in the elusive shadows of Latin America
Member No.: 7,727

spiders...
That idea is very cool! I rememer a movie with Tom Selleck (!) that had sthg like that...

+Quote Post
Fix-it
post Jan 1 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #11

Creating a god with his own hands

Member No.: 3,364

QUOTE (Demon_Bob)
Upgrade drones - see GM.
Took spider drones concept (those little guys about the size of a car remote) and made Scorpian Drones. They were also small with one dose of poison in a stinger. Then ran them all as a single subscribed device. Nobody feared one but 20 was a different story. Also had a container where I could store them for transport and have them refill thier poison.

the swarming idea is nothing new. :D

but In 3rd edition we hosted our swarms out of AeroQuip Redball Express vectored thrust transport drones, the transports had a built in Remote Control deck, wire spools to drop the spiders down on, and enough Autosofts to get moderately difficult tasks done.

(Drop 'em here, head west and kill anything alive)

I personally preferred putting blades on limbs and coating them with something deadly,
gamma-Scop, actually. it's deadly enough once you stop struggling and they are able to slit you seven ways to sunday.
but that's just me.

but basically the nice thing about it was the airmobile transport. I could drop a bunch on the roof of a target building, then cut every cable, and drop all the security gaurds before the sammies even got the air shaft vent open.

+Quote Post
Omer Joel
post Jan 3 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 265

By the way, which page has the Node attributes (i.e. anything other than Pilot, that is Response, Firewall and Signal) of Drones and Vehicles? The gear-section table only gives Pilot and Sensor...

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jan 3 2006, 01:25 PM
Post #13

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

The Device Rating table on p. 214 has them.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Jan 3 2006, 01:26 PM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 948

Page 214, your average drone are rating 3 in signal/response/pilot unless the description states something else.

+Quote Post
Omer Joel
post Jan 4 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 265

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 07:30 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.