Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ragna
Heya me again!

Is there any drones that can be used as utility drone, used to open security doors and such, kinda like your own personal r2d2, or something simular?
Suggestions?
Ragna
Okay! can i hack through a drone? using the eyes of the drone and my hacking skills?
kigmatzomat
To my knowledge there are no "stock" drones with any significant motor skills nor built-in tools. I won't be surprised if some form of breaking/entering drone is in one of the supplements.

Unlike the SW setting where R2 units are as common as philips head screwdrivers, the SR4 universe does not have access points conveniently located at almost identical heights next to all doors.

You could probably build a drone with a manipulator limb that can link to hardwired networks, turning your drone into a wireless bridge. You'll have to deal with the fact that most drones have System ratings of 3. IIRC this will limit your hacking tools when using the node as a jump-off point.

fenikso
QUOTE (kigmatzomat)
You'll have to deal with the fact that most drones have System ratings of 3. IIRC this will limit your hacking tools when using the node as a jump-off point.

Just load there better OS, could not you?
Rotbart van Dainig
No and no.

System/Pilot is limited to Response - and Programs to System, but only to the Node they are run on.

There is no bottleneck in SR4.
fenikso
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
No and no.

System/Pilot is limited to Response - and Programs to System, but only to the Node they are run on.

There is no bottleneck in SR4.

So good rigger can have nice time upgrading come chips in drone (speak to your GM), to have better response.
And I thought he will be bored biggrin.gif .
Tarko
If you ever get bored in SR, or in any other game for that matter, I think you are forgetting something.... or your GM really sucks biggrin.gif
fenikso
QUOTE (Tarko)
If you ever get bored in SR, or in any other game for that matter, I think you are forgetting something.... or your GM really sucks biggrin.gif

I thought rigger is going to be bored, if he can not upgrade his drones grinbig.gif .
Demon_Bob
Upgrade drones - see GM.
Took spider drones concept (those little guys about the size of a car remote) and made Scorpian Drones. They were also small with one dose of poison in a stinger. Then ran them all as a single subscribed device. Nobody feared one but 20 was a different story. Also had a container where I could store them for transport and have them refill thier poison.
MaxHunter
spiders...
That idea is very cool! I rememer a movie with Tom Selleck (!) that had sthg like that...
Fix-it
QUOTE (Demon_Bob)
Upgrade drones - see GM.
Took spider drones concept (those little guys about the size of a car remote) and made Scorpian Drones. They were also small with one dose of poison in a stinger. Then ran them all as a single subscribed device. Nobody feared one but 20 was a different story. Also had a container where I could store them for transport and have them refill thier poison.

the swarming idea is nothing new. biggrin.gif

but In 3rd edition we hosted our swarms out of AeroQuip Redball Express vectored thrust transport drones, the transports had a built in Remote Control deck, wire spools to drop the spiders down on, and enough Autosofts to get moderately difficult tasks done.

(Drop 'em here, head west and kill anything alive)

I personally preferred putting blades on limbs and coating them with something deadly,
gamma-Scop, actually. it's deadly enough once you stop struggling and they are able to slit you seven ways to sunday.
but that's just me.

but basically the nice thing about it was the airmobile transport. I could drop a bunch on the roof of a target building, then cut every cable, and drop all the security gaurds before the sammies even got the air shaft vent open.
Omer Joel
By the way, which page has the Node attributes (i.e. anything other than Pilot, that is Response, Firewall and Signal) of Drones and Vehicles? The gear-section table only gives Pilot and Sensor...
Rotbart van Dainig
The Device Rating table on p. 214 has them.
The Jopp
Page 214, your average drone are rating 3 in signal/response/pilot unless the description states something else.
Omer Joel
Thanks smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012