IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bored, chuck norris as a player character...
ChuckRozool
post Feb 18 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,706

OK...
So what would Chuck Norris' stats look like if he were a PC in Shadowrun?

As far as skills i think he would have intimidation and roundhouse kick of like infinity. and that would pretty much be it for skills. Well that and maybe athletics to use instead of dodge, and that would probably be at like infinity as well.

ok, i'll stop now and get back to work. please forget you even saw this thread...

---end of line---
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Edward
post Feb 18 2006, 05:56 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

I’m farley shore that chuck Norris has negotiation(showbiz), etiquette(showbiz) and acting(combat) as his primary skills. The way his characters come off has mor to do with the fact that the last one is about 3(7) and the writers take this into consideration.

Edward

+Quote Post
DigitalSoul
post Feb 18 2006, 06:41 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,095

I'll will then direct your attention to this little slice of silliness then:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=11761

+Quote Post
Frackula
post Feb 20 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 8,279

Chuck Norris
Race: Chuck Norris
B 10
A 10
R 10
S 10
C 10
I 10
L 10
W 10
E 6.0
Qualities:
Bulletproof (Chuck Norris is impervious to bullets)
Bladeproof (Chuck Norris' body hair is ten times stronger than spider silk and fifty times stickier)
Immortal (Chuck Norris cannot die)
Walker, Texas Ranger (-6 dice modifier for actions opposing Chuck Norris)

Skills:
Melee Combat: Roundhouse Kick 20
Intimidation: 20
Horseback Riding: 20

Contacts:
Vin Diesel 6/6
George Zimmer 6/6
God 10/10

Quotes:
"I have a sweet tooth. FOR BLOOD!"
"I AM CHUCK NORRIS!"
"Fichetti Pain Inducer? I AM A PAIN INDUCER!!"

+Quote Post
Sharaloth
post Feb 20 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,093

The normal Chuck Norris has stats like this:
Body: 4
Quickness: 4
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 3
Essence: 6
Magic: 0
Reaction: 3

Skills: Athletics: 3
Unarmed Combat: 5 (he's an actual martial artist, IIRC)
Etiquette: 3
Quite possibly one or more gun skills at 3

The acting stuff is all knowledge skills, and he gets his agent to do his negotiations for him.

The mythical Chuck Norris is an Ultimate NPC, and therefore does not get stats, he can just do whatever he wants, except, it appears, beat Bruce Lee.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Feb 20 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #6

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

There is no such thing like a "normal" Chuck Norris. Never. That's impossible.

:D

+Quote Post
TheBovrilMonkey
post Feb 20 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 1,927

I'd add 'Beard Growth: 10' to the list of skills, along with the power of 'Beard Control'.
Chuck's beard grows at a tremendous rate, but since nothing can cut it, he controls the length by sheer force of will. And occasionally roundhouse kicking himself in the face.

+Quote Post
Liper
post Feb 20 2006, 07:52 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,885

Don't forget background skills in producing B-quality movies
Texas shoot locations
And where to locate poor script writers.

Also didn't he study many martial arts?

Also he'd have a good amount of contacts and have the special attribute Fame and Ocult following.

+Quote Post
Foreigner
post Feb 20 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,630

Liper:

According to The Internet Movie Database, Chuck Norris has a 10th-degree black belt in Tang Soo Do, an 8th-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and an 8th-degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.

Also, he has founded two schools of his own martial arts: American Tang Soo Do and Chun Kuk Do ("The Universal Way").

Chun Kuk Do incorporates elements from many different fighting arts; among them are Jeet Kun Do, Aikido, Hapkido, Jiu-jitsu, Judo, boxing, and Western wrestling.

Tang Soo Do is a Korean martial art based upon the ancient Korean art of Soo Bahk Do (60%), combined with elements of Northern China Kung Fu (30%), and Southern China Kung Fu (10%). There are also elements of Karate somewhere in the mix (even though the above total is already 100%).

If the site I was just browsing is any indication, the martial art of Soo Bahk Do has been around for over 1000 years (that's based upon the current RL timeline--in SR terms, the art has been around for over 1100 years, first appearing around 950 A.D.).

--Foreigner

This post has been edited by Foreigner: Feb 22 2006, 02:13 AM

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 20 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #10

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (Sharaloth)
The normal Chuck Norris has stats like this:
Body: 4
Quickness: 4
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 3
Essence: 6
Magic: 0
Reaction: 3

Skills: Athletics: 3
Unarmed Combat: 5 (he's an actual martial artist, IIRC)
Etiquette: 3
Quite possibly one or more gun skills at 3

The acting stuff is all knowledge skills, and he gets his agent to do his negotiations for him.

The mythical Chuck Norris is an Ultimate NPC, and therefore does not get stats, he can just do whatever he wants, except, it appears, beat Bruce Lee.

Actually, I'd give Chuck a skill of 6 or 7, not 5. I think that he was a competitive champion back in the 70s, so his skill would be higher than "professional" and would have to be at least "expert".

I'd also raise his Charisma to 6. If he wasn't really charismatic, none of us would be making these jokes now.

+Quote Post
Sharaloth
post Feb 20 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,093

I thought we made the jokes precisely BECAUSE he wasn't very charismatic.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Feb 20 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #12

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

He may have been slightly wooden as an actor, but he was a celebrity, and also ran his own karate school. So I would say a Charisma in the 4-6 range wouldn't be unreasonable. As far as other stats go, he was a world champion, not merely tough. So I would give him physical stats in the 5-7 range and a skill of 9 or so. Currently, for the retired Chuck, I would still give him physical stats of 5 (he keeps in shape) and an unarmed skill of 6. Becoming world-class anything takes incredible drive, so I would give him a Willpower of 6. He is a business owner, has shown an ability to market himself, and was known as being a crafty fighter, so I would give him a pretty decent Intelligence, too, at least 4 or 5 (although his acting skill would be lower - maybe acting: 3 with a specialization in physical acting (martial arts, etc.) of 6.

As far as his movie roles, I wouldn't make his stats that much higher than his actual ones during his prime. His characters were tough, but hardly invincible no-selling machines. I would give him a variation on the whirling maneuver entitled "opponents must attack one at a time, even if they outnumber him 20 to 1." But all movie martial artists seem to have this maneuver.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Feb 21 2006, 05:15 AM
Post #13

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

Chuck is charismatic but that isn't why we make jokes about him. We make jokes about him because he has become sort of campy. His Walker:Texas Ranger isn't on the same level as Adam West's Batman but Walker has the same absurd seriousness that made Batman so distinct. It takes some level of talent to pull off such cliche silliness with a straight face.

As for his unarmed skill, I'd say we'd have to impliment some skill degredation rules for him. If you compare his more recent work to his classic work you can see a big difference. He suffers from horrific telegraphing on Walker. Part of this could be attributed to the style of choreography and the limited abilities of the stuntmen he roundhouses. Walker has a western brawling style while his 80's offerings are more eastern martial arts oriented. Brawling choreography traditionally uses horrificly obvious telegraphing for dramatic effect. Likewise, his stuntmen aren't exactly Bruce Lee. In a stagefight, the giver is limited by the abilities of the reciever. Still, the difference is so dramatic that untill I see he in a real fight I would have to assume that some of his active Unarmed skill has degraded into complementry knowledge skills.

+Quote Post
nt326
post Feb 21 2006, 05:37 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 7,375

QUOTE (Foreigner)

Also, he has founded two schools of his own martial arts: American Tang Soo Do and Chun Kuk Do ("The Universal Way").

And here i was, thinking that Chun kuk do, was just a creative way of taking chuck norris and turning it into a name for martial arts... i just kinda looks like chuck to me...

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Feb 21 2006, 07:21 AM
Post #15

Moving Target

From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

I bet the salary of a month that Chun Kuk Do has a lot of roundhouse kicks. ;)

+Quote Post
Liper
post Feb 21 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,885

it's easy to deliever those lines with a straight face if you helped write them and you think it's good stuff.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Feb 21 2006, 08:35 AM
Post #17

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

QUOTE (Liper)

+Quote Post
Grinder
post Feb 21 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #18

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (Liper @ Feb 20 2006, 08:52 PM)

Chuck Norris writes all scripts himself.

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Feb 21 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

That's poor. And explains a lot.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 21 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #20

Great Dragon

I think Chuck Norris has a lot of potential as a NPC. Perhaps if the players keep screwing up their missions because they're not being tactical enough, but you're playing a "nice" game where you want the party to mostly survive and you're not letting the dice fall where they may, you could have Chuck Norris rescue them each and every time. You could keep a tape recorder at the table with the Walker: Texas Ranger theme and play it whenever he's saving them.

It would be less demeaning than being like Bugs Bunny and getting saved by Humphrey Bogart from time to time.

Hell, Chuck Norris could even be like a niggling tutorial. If the PCs tactically screwed up a situation, Chuck Norris could spawn in the room and then kill al the bad guys by himself in the "correct" way. Ho ho ho, Norr0w3d! :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Feb 21 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #21

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

No, just... No.

fad.overkill++;

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Feb 21 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #22

Great Dragon

QUOTE (tanka)

No, just... No.

fad.overkill++;

Well, I suppose it *could* be kind of difficult to justify Walker saving a bunch of Shadowrunners time and time again. Perhaps, to maintain suspension of disbelief, Walker should only be used to save the party if the GM is running a Lone Star campaign.

So, you know, you've got your corp-issued Ruger Thunderbolts and armor jackets, but you screwed up somehow and now you're the hapless cops being cruelly tortured by the e-ville Columbian shadowrunners. In fact, they're using that other thread to drag you behind a pickup truck over rocky terrain! But just as you're sweating profusely, trying to not get that 6th box of physical damage, the GM pulls the tape recorder on the table and begins playing the Walker: Texas Ranger theme.

Chuck Norris swings out of a tree and knocks the driver away from the wheel with a double footed kick. He grabs the wheel and steadies the vehicle, and bring it to a screeching halt, fishtailing it around (and giving you another L wound) to put the truck between you and the bad guys. As the bad guys open fire, rounds ping off the aluminum chassis around him because of their penalties to hit a moving target.

Chuck Norris shoulder rolls out of the cab of the truck, takes cover behind his tree, and uses 2 submachineguns loaded with EX-EX ammo to spray out 20 rounds per complex action and take advantage of the suppressive fire rules to hit *all* the bad guys at once while reserving his own combat pool for defense and forcing the enemies to waste their combat pool on dodge attempts. At the end of the combat turn, when all the bad guys have hopelessly squandered their combat pool and cannot dodge, Chuck Norris pulls out two Deputies loaded with flechette ammunition and headshots everyone, making them die.

Thus making him save the party again.

+Quote Post
Frackula
post Feb 22 2006, 05:04 AM
Post #23

Target

Member No.: 8,279

QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (Liper @ Feb 20 2006, 08:52 PM)

Chuck Norris writes all scripts himself.

Chuck Norris doesn't write scripts. He stares them down and they absorb the information through osmosis.

+Quote Post
Churl Beck
post Feb 22 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,193

At my last game session, one of the players was making an unarmed attack against an NPC and announced "I'm going to Chuck Norris kick this guy." Since he had invoked the name of Chuck Norris, I gave him 6 extra dice to roll. Needless to say, the NPC was obliterated. Fortunately, such feats only work when the players least expect it.

+Quote Post
Kyuhan
post Feb 22 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,628

QUOTE (Churl Beck)
At my last game session, one of the players was making an unarmed attack against an NPC and announced "I'm going to Chuck Norris kick this guy." Since he had invoked the name of Chuck Norris, I gave him 6 extra dice to roll. Needless to say, the NPC was obliterated. Fortunately, such feats only work when the players least expect it.

I love it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.