IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Supra Experemental Caracters, This is a test.....
boskop-albatros
post Feb 23 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,827

I'll will try not to cluter up this new thread to much, just safe to say everyone if you have very experemental caracters just post them here--anything goes ALL exotic races are allowed, If you can explain Why you can have a Jackleman Caracter in Shadowrun I'd love to hear it; for example.

Dours-Leshies, hell if you can BS a jubruq into shadowrun That would be great

Lets see what happens
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Feb 23 2006, 06:39 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

Anyone made a Leafer? :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Halabis
post Feb 23 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,773

How about a Centaur-horse shapeshifter-ghoul-vampire-drake-immortal-otaku-mystic adept that comited suicide because both the player and GM were retarded for even thinking about it existing?

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Feb 23 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

Sounds good. But please do not withhold the stats of that character you made... ;)

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Feb 23 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #5

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

the most out there we've seen in our group were:

Nightone gunslinger Nosferatu

ninj-erk drake hidden life receptacle from former ally spirit that went free

SURGEd former vampire gecko shaman that has puckered fingers, can change his skin color, and lisks his own eyeballs

Guy that SURGEd into a puddle of water. Think Hydroman from Marvel comics, except that he really can't do any of that cool stuff. We threaten to drink him all the time.

As you can see, SURGE really hit our group in a wierd way.

+Quote Post
Neskeptic
post Feb 23 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 7,882

I'm thinking of playing a Hacker that got cauight "down the rabbit hole" during Crash 2.0. Hes stuck in the Matrix and the only way for the team to talk to him is by going online in some way. He'd be pretty messed up and schitzoid, but a hell of a Hacker. But I just don't know.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Feb 23 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

QUOTE (boskop-albatros)

I can read the words, but they don't make any sense.

Oh, what about a lesbian elf face/gun-bunny! Is that original?

+Quote Post
Brahm
post Feb 23 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,006

QUOTE (nezumi @ Feb 23 2006, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (boskop-albatros @ Feb 22 2006, 11:40 PM)

I can read the words, but they don't make any sense.

Jubruq is a race/creature from Earthdawn I think.

Oh, what about a lesbian elf face/gun-bunny!  Is that original?

Is she hot? Snd pic plz. ;) A female right? Or are they a male in drag pretending to be a female so he can get some FFM action?

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 23 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #9

Genuine Artificial Intelligence

Member No.: 4,715

QUOTE (Neskeptic)
I'm thinking of playing a Hacker that got cauight "down the rabbit hole" during Crash 2.0. Hes stuck in the Matrix and the only way for the team to talk to him is by going online in some way. He'd be pretty messed up and schitzoid, but a hell of a Hacker. But I just don't know.

So, make a technomancer, say he can't ever log off, forget about his meatbod, and you're there.
Obviously, there would have to be some balance to make up for not taking half the attributes, or most skills, but in the hands of a non-munchkin it could be fun.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Feb 23 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #10

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

give the meat bod all stats of 1...of course the question I'd ask is how long before the IV drip and catheter give up the ghost. The concept has merit, but would require a lot of work going into the background. Maybe he's a former exec or corp-kid in a coma.

It might be possible to use a variant of "Borrowed Time" where there is only so long before the hospital pulls the plug, but the runner doesn't know when. So now he's doing everything possible to set the timeline according to his own wishes and setting up a seperate place to live, with nurses etc.

EDITED for Technomancer wireless capabilities and add second paragraph.

This post has been edited by McQuillan: Feb 23 2006, 04:18 PM

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 23 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #11

Oh, see, I thought we were going for a Ghost in the Machine character, untethered to his meatbod (which is presumably putrifying somewhere)
This is the wacky character thread, after all. Otherwise it's just the same old quadrapalegic decker.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Feb 23 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #12

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

In that case just do a free sprite...extra critter powers and the like.

+Quote Post
Neskeptic
post Feb 23 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #13

Target

Member No.: 7,882

My concept was definatly Ghost in the Machinesque. Meat body gone. I suppose it could be a long tern goal to find another meat host, but getting into it (and its current soul out) would be exceedingly difficult.

And like I said, I'd want him to be very frightened and kinda unbalanced.

Remember the Star Trek Next Gen episode where there was some kind of reality time split thingy and there were a whole bunch of Enterprises from alternate realities. One of them was from a Borg dominated universe and Riker was like a scared rabbit screaming that the Borg "were everywhere!"

Kinda like that.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Feb 23 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #14

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Jubruq wouldn't be that hard. It's just a weak, infertile ork or human with a talent for magic and a free spirit contact.

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Feb 23 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #15

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

The thing is, you can't reach Ares's research servers from within your Barrens apartment anymore; you have to move in. So you'd pretty much have to live on a comlink that your friends carry in to the building before you can be useful.

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 23 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #16

Couldn't you just hop from one wireless device to the next to get there?

+Quote Post
emo samurai
post Feb 23 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #17

Dragon

Member No.: 8,019

God, that is so munchkin.

+Quote Post
Moon-Hawk
post Feb 23 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #18

I agree.
That's why I said it was an interesting idea only in the hands of a non-munchkin. Otherwise it's just another infirm hacker who doesn't want the hassle of babysitting his meat.

+Quote Post
Frackula
post Feb 24 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #19

Target

Member No.: 8,279

At least it's not playing a fully AI character.

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Feb 24 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #20

Runner

Member No.: 98

Nah, you can do that right up until you bump into (A) jamming or (B) some of that nifty wireless-proof wallpaper. Unless you want your runner crew dragging a bunch of signal repeaters along.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Feb 24 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #21

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

my weirdest char (SR3) is a blind satyr magician's path adept with a custom flaw called Spirit Blind that keeps her from ever taking astral perception. her other senses are maxed out, and she melees using a mankiri-gusari (a weighted chain). with her powers, melee maneuvers, and reach, her final TN in melee is 3. she also has a few custom spells that allow her to quickdraw her mankiri-gusari in response to a melee attack, so she's never unarmed unless she's surprised--and with her sense package, including 8 levels of the sixth sense power, she's hard as hell to surprise.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Feb 24 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #22

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

QUOTE (McQuillan)
give the meat bod all stats of 1...of course the question I'd ask is how long before the IV drip and catheter give up the ghost. The concept has merit, but would require a lot of work going into the background. Maybe he's a former exec or corp-kid in a coma.

It might be possible to use a variant of "Borrowed Time" where there is only so long before the hospital pulls the plug, but the runner doesn't know when. So now he's doing everything possible to set the timeline according to his own wishes and setting up a seperate place to live, with nurses etc.

that's a cool idea, I like that.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Feb 24 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #23

Runner

Member No.: 948

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
QUOTE (McQuillan @ Feb 23 2006, 11:14 AM)
give the meat bod all stats of 1...of course the question I'd ask is how long before the IV drip and catheter give up the ghost.  The concept has merit, but would require a lot of work going into the background.  Maybe he's a former exec or corp-kid in a coma.

It might be possible to use a variant of "Borrowed Time" where there is only so long before the hospital pulls the plug, but the runner doesn't know when.  So now he's doing everything possible to set the timeline according to his own wishes and setting up a seperate place to live, with nurses etc.

that's a cool idea, I like that.

Interesting concept, but put some more things into it. Have him have himself as a dependant (his body) and a lifestyle cost for having access to various networks within the matrix. He has to run the shadows in order to keep his body alive since medical care costs money.

Since he is in essence a “ghost in the machine” and not living “in” his body he is able to perceive the body from medical surveillance cameras. The main storyline would be that he really, really wants to get back into his body and for that he needs more expert care.

If someone manages to trace him back to his body then he might be toast, the only thing between his meat and quite possible a certain death would be the local security, and whatever ideas he might have.

Possible flaws:
Borrowed time (or a variant of it, he might not be dying)
Dependant, Meatbody

+Quote Post
b1ffov3rfl0w
post Mar 4 2006, 04:08 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,329

QUOTE (emo samurai)
The thing is, you can't reach Ares's research servers from within your Barrens apartment anymore; you have to move in. So you'd pretty much have to live on a comlink that your friends carry in to the building before you can be useful.

Sounds like McCoy Pauley (aka Dixie Flatline, from Neuromancer).

:cyber:

+Quote Post
Frackula
post Mar 4 2006, 04:38 AM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 8,279

QUOTE (b1ffov3rfl0w)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Feb 23 2006, 12:59 PM)

Sounds like McCoy Pauley (aka Dixie Flatline, from Neuromancer).

:cyber:

Didn't he ask to be erased at the end?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.