IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NIJ and Shedim, Just how DID the leader survive?
Abstruse
post Oct 6 2003, 11:55 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,488

So the leader of the New Islamic Jihad was assassinated, died, then miraculously came back to life. This happens during the whole comet mess...and yet I haven't heard a single theory that whatever his name is could possibly be a Shedim. I'm sure someone's posted something on here before, but I don't remember reading it and I can't find anything searching. Any thoughts on this theory?

The Abstruse One
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skarn Ka
post Oct 6 2003, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,022

It looks evident. Too evident. Main problem is, the first shedim are supposed to have appeared months after Ibn Eisa's death. And honnestly, I can't see how the world could have not made the link between both...

+Quote Post
KosherPickle
post Oct 6 2003, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,921

QUOTE (Skarn Ka)
It looks evident. Too evident. Main problem is, the first shedim are supposed to have appeared months after Ibn Eisa's death. And honnestly, I can't see how the world could have not made the link between both...

Well, weren't there random spirits checking out of Dunkelzahn's rift before Ghostwalker arrived? Maybe one of those was a shedim, or a master shedim.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 6 2003, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Objective assets watching the scenario probably did make that connection.

To his brainwashed masses, however, it couldn't be anything but a religious miracle signifying their leader's true divinity.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Gyro the Greek S...
post Oct 6 2003, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,519

In Threats 2, several posters speculate that Ibn Eisa is a Master Shedim. Oh, and he controls a more or less united Middle East. Did I mention he'll be pursuing a plan of incomprehensible alien evil? Hm. Somebody might want to do something about that :grinbig:

+Quote Post
Synner
post Oct 6 2003, 02:38 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 185

See also "Dragons of the Sixth World", specifically Aden and Lofwyr's sections.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Oct 6 2003, 05:31 PM
Post #7

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

Granted I haven't read the section in a while, but what's to stop it having simply been a double that took the bullet? Security gets word that there's a lot higher than normal threat rating so they wheel out the other guy to possibly take a bullet. Hell, maybe what's-his-name set the whole thing up on purpose just so that he could turn up a few days later without a scratch. :/

+Quote Post
Siege
post Oct 6 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Both ideas are quite feasible -- frag, this one could be a double as well.

Given the magic and tech of 2060, there are a lot of possible options.

As to which the FanPro writers choose to run with -- until it's been chiseled in ink one way or the other, we'll never know for sure.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Hot Wheels
post Oct 7 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,470

The whiole Master Shedim thing was so quick and so obvious that it was a bit of a let down on the whole "how'd he come back so fast? Of course bare in mind we here are on the cutting edge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.