Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIJ and Shedim
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abstruse
So the leader of the New Islamic Jihad was assassinated, died, then miraculously came back to life. This happens during the whole comet mess...and yet I haven't heard a single theory that whatever his name is could possibly be a Shedim. I'm sure someone's posted something on here before, but I don't remember reading it and I can't find anything searching. Any thoughts on this theory?

The Abstruse One
Skarn Ka

It looks evident. Too evident. Main problem is, the first shedim are supposed to have appeared months after Ibn Eisa's death. And honnestly, I can't see how the world could have not made the link between both...
KosherPickle
QUOTE (Skarn Ka)
It looks evident. Too evident. Main problem is, the first shedim are supposed to have appeared months after Ibn Eisa's death. And honnestly, I can't see how the world could have not made the link between both...

Well, weren't there random spirits checking out of Dunkelzahn's rift before Ghostwalker arrived? Maybe one of those was a shedim, or a master shedim.
Siege
Objective assets watching the scenario probably did make that connection.

To his brainwashed masses, however, it couldn't be anything but a religious miracle signifying their leader's true divinity.

-Siege
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
In Threats 2, several posters speculate that Ibn Eisa is a Master Shedim. Oh, and he controls a more or less united Middle East. Did I mention he'll be pursuing a plan of incomprehensible alien evil? Hm. Somebody might want to do something about that grinbig.gif
Synner
See also "Dragons of the Sixth World", specifically Aden and Lofwyr's sections.
FlakJacket
Granted I haven't read the section in a while, but what's to stop it having simply been a double that took the bullet? Security gets word that there's a lot higher than normal threat rating so they wheel out the other guy to possibly take a bullet. Hell, maybe what's-his-name set the whole thing up on purpose just so that he could turn up a few days later without a scratch. :/
Siege
Both ideas are quite feasible -- frag, this one could be a double as well.

Given the magic and tech of 2060, there are a lot of possible options.

As to which the FanPro writers choose to run with -- until it's been chiseled in ink one way or the other, we'll never know for sure.

-Siege
Hot Wheels
The whiole Master Shedim thing was so quick and so obvious that it was a bit of a let down on the whole "how'd he come back so fast? Of course bare in mind we here are on the cutting edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012