Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yomi and the island thereof, Planning a "vacation..."
Waltermandias
post Mar 2 2006, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

I have been hoping to run an adventure wherein my players have to fetch someone off of Yomi Island. However, I wasn't sure as to the state of the place in 2070. I had heard some rumblings that the place has closed down, but nothing definate. I searched the forums and didn't come up with anything. Anyone have any info? Any details or leads are appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Brahm
post Mar 2 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 8,006

I don't have Shadows of Asia with me. I lent it to my GM as he is need of things to read.* But I seem to remember the Yomi Island shutdown being in there. Don't remember any details, or rumours about what is going on there now, but you have to think it is going to have one nasty astral space.

* Eddie Furious; He tripped playing basketball, skinned knee, and damn near died. If that sounds funny it is only because it is true. He got a strep infection in the abrassion. By the time he realized something was very wrong and ended up in emergency they put him immediately into ICU. His whole body swole up like a ballon and his leg was so bad it turned black top to bottom. He's ok now though and even back home last I heard. They figure they got it before it permanently damaged his organs or anything. He just needs a lot of time to heal up.

+Quote Post
bclements
post Mar 3 2006, 04:06 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,021

Yomi got shut down as of YOTC, if I remember right. Roughly 2061-ish.

Doesn't mean there aren't other places out there (and since you've got SoA, you can probably think of them).

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Mar 3 2006, 05:58 AM
Post #4

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

Yomi was/is(/will be) a volcanic island off the Phillipines originally called Lagu-Lagu. Yomi apparently means Hell. Yomi was closed down after the Ring of Frie went up in late October '61. The Emporer started rescinding many of the 'high points' of the Yamato act and taking actions to ease up on the racism that was leaving a 'stain' on Japanese society. One of the possible reasons for tis is the Wraith, his secret advisor. One of the freelancers said once that he had the plan that the Wraith was an ork brother of the Emporer's that had been shipped to Yomi, and died.

It does say that it's closed, but it doesn't say that they shipped everyone off. Many of the metas that were on the island ended up in the Phillipines , which is probably giong to make a bd situation worst, when they finally get some freedom, only to run head long in to MTC goons with guns. So it is quite possible that 'shutting it down' only means that they stopped shipping criminals there, and are no longer keeping people from leaving. That doens't mean that those people can leave.

+Quote Post
Waltermandias
post Mar 7 2006, 03:54 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

From: Lenexa, Kansas (Yes Kansas, we ain't all hicks y'all.)
Member No.: 8,291

Hmmmm... that could lead to some neat ideas. The characters would have to rescue someone from the brutal society that has formed on Yomi. It would make the situation a little more morally ambiguous. Instead of just blowing away the evil racists that guard the poor metas on Yomi, they will instead be going up against former prisoners that have become just as bad. Double plus gritty. I like it! Thanks for all the info.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:08 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.