Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Locations for you., Seatttle 206x
Paul
post Mar 9 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,514

Some of you may remember a while back that I organized a Seattle 206x project in which we basicly rewrote a lot of New Seattle, and added a a lot of locations. Some of it was published, some of it wasn't. In an effort to get more out there the decision was made to put the locations out there to you, the consuming public.

You can find them here.

I'd like to thank all of the contributors-it wouldn't have been possible with out you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paul
post Mar 9 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Oh and can someone post this at Underworld93-since I've been permanently banned from there. Some people over there did help out on this, and regardless of how little I like things over there they deserve their credit.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Mar 9 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Well, since you asked...

+Quote Post
Paul
post Mar 9 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Thanks. I may think of them as assbags, but some of them did contribute and do deserve to know their material is seeing the light of day.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 10 2006, 01:39 AM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Sweet. Should we Email you or Adam about errata?

"Eckberg doesn’t care any electronic books –"
"...carry any.." or "...care for.."

And "> Angora> Hyperbole, Angora" is missing a carrage return.

Nice to see these showing up.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 10 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #6

Prime Runner

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 51

Got 'em.

FWIW, I thought all the Redmond locations were written by Paul, but I double-checked my records and I was mistaken, so when all the Redmond locations are posted I'll make a list of all the Redmond posts [which I'll update with all the districts as time goes on...] and credit all the authors there.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Mar 11 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

No worries about the credit from my end, I've gotten plenty. I just enjoy seeing all of this see the light of day.

+Quote Post
Kai
post Mar 14 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #8

Hacker For Hire

Member No.: 7,165

S'cool, I'm with Paul, just glad to see it getting virtual print. I'd forgotten how good some of it was.

--//[改]>

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 14 2006, 11:06 PM
Post #9

Beetle Eater

Some error now preventing me from accessing the previous locations.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 14 2006, 11:23 PM
Post #10

Prime Runner

I rejiggered how some of the internal blog stuff worked, and that fixed some problems that were cropping up. If you're still getting them, please tell me a) what URL you were at, and b) what you clicked on to get c) the actual error and I'll hunt it down.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 14 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #11

Beetle Eater

I click on "Seattle Locations (9)" (http://tss.dumpshock.com/archives/category/releases/seattle-locations/) and then, after viewing the five listed, I press "« Previous Entries" (http://tss.dumpshock.com/archives/category/releases/seattle-locations/page/2/) and am given a "Error 404 - Not Found" in the frame.

Also, you now have a comment in one of the locations, which doesn't bother me, but they were set to off previously.

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 14 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #12

Prime Runner

Argh. That's bizarre; it works fine if you're not in a category, but if you're in a category, borked.

I changed each page to display 10 entries instead of 5, so it temporarily works.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 14 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #13

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

Looks nice.

Rather than trying to emulate a Shadowrun sourcebook, why not try to emulate Shadowland and let people post and comment freely, to get the nice hetrogenous mixture of truth, half-truth, misrepresensations, bulldrek, and outright misinformation (lies?)

Then it'll be up to the DMs to choose which is which. :)

+Quote Post
Adam
post Mar 14 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Feel free to post IC comments about any entry.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 15 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #15

Horror

Yeah, but they don't display in the straight-thread format like real Shadowland posts do.

The real gripe though is not being able to enter your own locations, which could be truth, half-truth, misrepresentations, bulldrek, or outright lies. :)

((Which is more fun, IC? Bulldrekking, or lieing?))

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 15 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #16

Beetle Eater

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Mar 14 2006, 07:01 PM)
Yeah, but they don't display in the straight-thread format like real Shadowland posts do.

The real gripe though is not being able to enter your own locations, which could be truth, half-truth, misrepresentations, bulldrek, or outright lies. :)

((Which is more fun, IC? Bulldrekking, or lieing?))

Well, you could always submit your location entries (here or email to TSS), but you could always have done that.

As for IC commenting, I most enjoy trying to tell two versions of the "truth" as two different characters see it over lying, but all flavors are needed to make a solid entry.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 15 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #17

Horror

But lieing is so much fun. In character or IRL. :)

Hmmmm... I may have to cook up an entry, just to see whether I am 1337 or not. On that token, is there any template to follow? It lookedl ike there was one, but not all entries had all fields.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 15 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #18

Beetle Eater

1. No more Downtown locations, locations backed by the Mafia or Yakuza, or brothels/massage parlours.

2. Don't write the main text as if it was taken from an advertisement for the store or service. Also, not every place needs some sort of dark secret, underworld connection, or even shadowtalk at all - some places in the Sixth World are, believe it or not, normal. Use "...a voice that can give both positive and negative comments within the regular text."

3. Don't include redundant data in the header - if a restuarant has no bias, for example, don't say "no bias", just leave that out. "Bias Towards" means "This location likes these people", "Bias Against" means "This location dislikes these people."

4. No entry should be longer than 400 words, including shadowtext.

5. The header format should look like this:

THE BARRICADE
Large Bar and Grill | Mile marker 65 Interstate 5 | Zoie Thayer, Owner and Operator | Bias against non-cops | LTG NA/UCAS-SEA-209-445-7681

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 15 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,447

How about MICKs quick fix. A mechanic's shopon 1534 NE 24th street, Run by a human male straight out of irland who lost his lands to the elves a few yeras back when they built their kingdom. wont do work for elves or runners.

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Mar 15 2006, 12:46 AM
Post #20

Horror

If he won't do work for runners, he hasen't got much bisuness being listed in a directory frequented by runners.

Unless he was put there on the off-chance some slighted elves or runners wanted to tune him up... :)

I like the idea, but woulden't the Shadowtalk be better provided by other people than the OP? Hmmmm...

*starts cooking.*

Roadblock. How do I generate LTG numbers and adresses? Is it just pulled from your ass, or am I expected to look up a map of Seattle?

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 15 2006, 01:03 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

i just pulled up a map of seattle

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Mar 15 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #22

Beetle Eater

Meh, the LTG number like the least important thing, more facade of a real city guidebook than lined up numbering. So, yeah, make it up. The Seattle SB has a listing of the prefixes for each city, but it doesn't look like we used it.

+Quote Post
Paul
post Mar 15 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #23

Neophyte Runner

Originally this was meant to be published as an updated Seattle Sourcebook, although online. It included demographics, updated syndicate statuses, etc... Eventually some of it died on the vine. Whether covered by exsisting material or just lost in the shuffle. But the locations stand up anywhere-whether you use them in Seattle, or transfer them somewhere else. Between K10, Kai, 33278 and myself we had like 100 locations. Add in everyone elses and well we have a lot of places.

+Quote Post
Kai
post Mar 15 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #24

Hacker For Hire

Member No.: 7,165

And there is some IC commenting that was included in the entries as starting points, you'll notice after a while that some of the commenters are reoccuring :7

--//[改]>

+Quote Post
shadowfire
post Mar 15 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Well, expanding on "MICKs quick fix", there could be a plot point or adventure hook for the location that would /could get a group of runners involved. lets say hes a homest business man who is reputed to be extremely good at what he does. the local triad or something gets wind of this and ask him politely to do some work for them. He politely refuses since he doesn't do work for those types of people. so they come back a second time and ask again, but this time he can't refuse because they have taken his daughter hostage. he still gets payed but must do the work that they ask of him or his duaghter is forfeit. This has been going on for a while and he's down to his last option and has to do the one thing he never thought he would do. He hires a team of runners to get his daughter to safty, he's not consern for his own life but the life of his daughter means everything.
His only problem with runners in general is that they don't help make the world better but only make things worse in a already chaotic world.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:29 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.