Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Locations for you.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Paul
Some of you may remember a while back that I organized a Seattle 206x project in which we basicly rewrote a lot of New Seattle, and added a a lot of locations. Some of it was published, some of it wasn't. In an effort to get more out there the decision was made to put the locations out there to you, the consuming public.

You can find them here.

I'd like to thank all of the contributors-it wouldn't have been possible with out you.
Paul
Oh and can someone post this at Underworld93-since I've been permanently banned from there. Some people over there did help out on this, and regardless of how little I like things over there they deserve their credit.
Ancient History
Well, since you asked...
Paul
Thanks. I may think of them as assbags, but some of them did contribute and do deserve to know their material is seeing the light of day.
Kanada Ten
Sweet. Should we Email you or Adam about errata?

"Eckberg doesn’t care any electronic books –"
"...carry any.." or "...care for.."

And "> Angora> Hyperbole, Angora" is missing a carrage return.

Nice to see these showing up.
Adam
Got 'em.

FWIW, I thought all the Redmond locations were written by Paul, but I double-checked my records and I was mistaken, so when all the Redmond locations are posted I'll make a list of all the Redmond posts [which I'll update with all the districts as time goes on...] and credit all the authors there.
Paul
No worries about the credit from my end, I've gotten plenty. I just enjoy seeing all of this see the light of day.
Kai
S'cool, I'm with Paul, just glad to see it getting virtual print. I'd forgotten how good some of it was.

--//[改]>
Kanada Ten
Some error now preventing me from accessing the previous locations.
Adam
I rejiggered how some of the internal blog stuff worked, and that fixed some problems that were cropping up. If you're still getting them, please tell me a) what URL you were at, and b) what you clicked on to get c) the actual error and I'll hunt it down.
Kanada Ten
I click on "Seattle Locations (9)" (http://tss.dumpshock.com/archives/category/releases/seattle-locations/) and then, after viewing the five listed, I press "« Previous Entries" (http://tss.dumpshock.com/archives/category/releases/seattle-locations/page/2/) and am given a "Error 404 - Not Found" in the frame.

Also, you now have a comment in one of the locations, which doesn't bother me, but they were set to off previously.
Adam
Argh. That's bizarre; it works fine if you're not in a category, but if you're in a category, borked.

I changed each page to display 10 entries instead of 5, so it temporarily works.
ShadowDragon8685
Looks nice.

Rather than trying to emulate a Shadowrun sourcebook, why not try to emulate Shadowland and let people post and comment freely, to get the nice hetrogenous mixture of truth, half-truth, misrepresensations, bulldrek, and outright misinformation (lies?)

Then it'll be up to the DMs to choose which is which. smile.gif
Adam
Feel free to post IC comments about any entry.
ShadowDragon8685
Yeah, but they don't display in the straight-thread format like real Shadowland posts do.

The real gripe though is not being able to enter your own locations, which could be truth, half-truth, misrepresentations, bulldrek, or outright lies. smile.gif

((Which is more fun, IC? Bulldrekking, or lieing?))
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Mar 14 2006, 07:01 PM)
Yeah, but they don't display in the straight-thread format like real Shadowland posts do.

The real gripe though is not being able to enter your own locations, which could be truth, half-truth, misrepresentations, bulldrek, or outright lies. smile.gif

((Which is more fun, IC? Bulldrekking, or lieing?))

Well, you could always submit your location entries (here or email to TSS), but you could always have done that.

As for IC commenting, I most enjoy trying to tell two versions of the "truth" as two different characters see it over lying, but all flavors are needed to make a solid entry.
ShadowDragon8685
But lieing is so much fun. In character or IRL. smile.gif

Hmmmm... I may have to cook up an entry, just to see whether I am 1337 or not. On that token, is there any template to follow? It lookedl ike there was one, but not all entries had all fields.
Kanada Ten
1. No more Downtown locations, locations backed by the Mafia or Yakuza, or brothels/massage parlours.

2. Don't write the main text as if it was taken from an advertisement for the store or service. Also, not every place needs some sort of dark secret, underworld connection, or even shadowtalk at all - some places in the Sixth World are, believe it or not, normal. Use "...a voice that can give both positive and negative comments within the regular text."

3. Don't include redundant data in the header - if a restuarant has no bias, for example, don't say "no bias", just leave that out. "Bias Towards" means "This location likes these people", "Bias Against" means "This location dislikes these people."

4. No entry should be longer than 400 words, including shadowtext.

5. The header format should look like this:

THE BARRICADE
Large Bar and Grill | Mile marker 65 Interstate 5 | Zoie Thayer, Owner and Operator | Bias against non-cops | LTG NA/UCAS-SEA-209-445-7681
shadowfire
How about MICKs quick fix. A mechanic's shopon 1534 NE 24th street, Run by a human male straight out of irland who lost his lands to the elves a few yeras back when they built their kingdom. wont do work for elves or runners.
ShadowDragon8685
If he won't do work for runners, he hasen't got much bisuness being listed in a directory frequented by runners.

Unless he was put there on the off-chance some slighted elves or runners wanted to tune him up... smile.gif

I like the idea, but woulden't the Shadowtalk be better provided by other people than the OP? Hmmmm...

*starts cooking.*

Roadblock. How do I generate LTG numbers and adresses? Is it just pulled from your ass, or am I expected to look up a map of Seattle?
shadowfire
i just pulled up a map of seattle
Kanada Ten
Meh, the LTG number like the least important thing, more facade of a real city guidebook than lined up numbering. So, yeah, make it up. The Seattle SB has a listing of the prefixes for each city, but it doesn't look like we used it.
Paul
Originally this was meant to be published as an updated Seattle Sourcebook, although online. It included demographics, updated syndicate statuses, etc... Eventually some of it died on the vine. Whether covered by exsisting material or just lost in the shuffle. But the locations stand up anywhere-whether you use them in Seattle, or transfer them somewhere else. Between K10, Kai, 33278 and myself we had like 100 locations. Add in everyone elses and well we have a lot of places.
Kai
And there is some IC commenting that was included in the entries as starting points, you'll notice after a while that some of the commenters are reoccuring :7

--//[改]>

shadowfire
Well, expanding on "MICKs quick fix", there could be a plot point or adventure hook for the location that would /could get a group of runners involved. lets say hes a homest business man who is reputed to be extremely good at what he does. the local triad or something gets wind of this and ask him politely to do some work for them. He politely refuses since he doesn't do work for those types of people. so they come back a second time and ask again, but this time he can't refuse because they have taken his daughter hostage. he still gets payed but must do the work that they ask of him or his duaghter is forfeit. This has been going on for a while and he's down to his last option and has to do the one thing he never thought he would do. He hires a team of runners to get his daughter to safty, he's not consern for his own life but the life of his daughter means everything.
His only problem with runners in general is that they don't help make the world better but only make things worse in a already chaotic world.
Kai
While you're welcome to do that in your game, these were designed to be stand alone locations, whether as a setting for a meet, the object of a run, or just something the fill up rumors and news that runners come across in your campaign. That said, you can always have one of the IC comments in the entry provide that why he tolerates runners you hear is because of said incident.
--//[改]>
shadowfire
understood
Paul
Uhm, and they seem to have stopped coming...Bueller? Bueller?
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Paul)

I've thought of a few, but they're all inner-city locations. I don't know much about the barrens or outside the city.
Adam
QUOTE (Paul)

Sorry. This week got kind of insane; I've been cramming to learn some new stuff for a new contract, and trying to finish some old contracts, and... yeah.

I'll shortly be posting a quick wrap-up/index of the Redmond locations, and then I'll start off the next district.
Kanada Ten
How did we end up with so many fight clubs? OK, so three really isn't that many, but still...

Also, the "Previous Entires" button is broken again.
Adam
It's only broken if you're browsing within a specific category. Stop browsing within a specific category. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
Even if that specific category is the title page of TSS? wink.gif

[edit] Frag, you're fast.
Adam
The title page is "all categories."
Kai
Dunno, I at least tried to make sure the stuff I posted didn't already exist, but it seems there was a good number of things added after the last draft I saw smile.gif I also honestly can't remember how I submitted The War Pit, it was simply The Pit in its setting of origin, but I may have changed it for this or someone else may have, its been a while. Try not to think of it as a fight club but a competition ground, its a bit more civilized wink.gif

--//[改]>
Kanada Ten
In the Divider shadowtalk: "Lyle doesn’t case..." should be "Lyle doesn’t care..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012