Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Face Off, No, this isn't the John Travolta movie
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 12 2006, 03:08 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,560

Okay, so one of my players was busted by the cops and now that he's out on probation he wants to get a face alteration before getting a fake SIN. How much would that cost??? I've scoured Man and Machine as well as Sprawl without any luck. Any ideas? Thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SL James
post Apr 12 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #2

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

You can't use the cosmetic surgery rules in M&M?

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 12 2006, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Cosmetic surgery is 1,000¥ for each aspect according to SR3, but DNA masking is in one of the SotAs, as is the Disguise skill. I used the doctor's highest Surgery role as the base TN for recognition software and perception tests of those who knew the person well.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Apr 12 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #4

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

SOTA:2063 for DNA masking and Disguise skill.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post Apr 12 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

DNA masking is in SOTA '63. It cheap at lower ratings but very expensive at higher ones. Unfortuantly, lower ratings are basicly a crapshoot and they'll never fool a full DNA lab.
On the other hand, if you have the money there is no upper limit and bioindex costs are fixed after a certain point so you can get 200+ dice to resist DNA testing for only .2 bioindex.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 12 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (SL James)
You can't use the cosmetic surgery rules in M&M?

I didn't notice anything about a face transplant/reconstruction. Then again, it was late and I was tired. I like Kanada Ted's idea since, though the others would have worked, my player mostly wants to change his face, not his DNA. BTW, what do you mean by each aspect? I'm going to have to delve back into the books...thanks.

+Quote Post
SL James
post Apr 12 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #7

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Well, facial reconstruction is cosmetic surgery, and that is specifically mentioned in M&M on page 146. It's a Serious Cosmetic Change. BTW, as for costs you should check the M&M errata on the official SR site.

Transimplant... Well, there are specific rules for those, too. If they have Grade O limbs, I'm sure someone has a couple Grade O faces they can work with.

I hate doing people's homework for them. You know, reading the book helps a lot.

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 12 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

QUOTE (mrobviousjosh)
BTW, what do you mean by each aspect?

In SR3 the cost of cosmetic alterations is given in the cyberware gear section, and is for eyes, ears, etc. The M&M rules mostly override these, and they work pretty well. A PC in my game had to use them to alter an NPC wanted by the Tir.

+Quote Post
mrobviousjosh
post Apr 13 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (SL James)
Well, facial reconstruction is cosmetic surgery, and that is specifically mentioned in M&M on page 146. It's a Serious Cosmetic Change. BTW, as for costs you should check the M&M errata on the official SR site.

Transimplant... Well, there are specific rules for those, too. If they have Grade O limbs, I'm sure someone has a couple Grade O faces they can work with.

I hate doing people's homework for them. You know, reading the book helps a lot.

I'm not asking you to do my homework, just point me in the right direction. Like I said, when I scoured the books it was late and I was tired. I suppose you've never overlooked something??? Thanks for the info. I'll check the errata.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:56 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.