Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mein kampf
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 13 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,554

I'm currently reading "mein kampf", and was wondering if this would help with a campaign centered around the humanis policlub. I was thinking of using it as a spoof run . Example: runners have to sabatoge a humanis printing of a new canon of hatred "mein kampf: 2065". Our having this huge jumble of a metahuman reversal in seattle of the events of WW2. You know metas' rounding up humans into concentration camps, panic in the streets, and bug infested ghettos.

Man my thoughts are jumbly-bumbly. :wobble:

anymore ideas. I plan to introduce some friends to SR, and want it to have a oppresive, gritty feeling( whats more oppresive, and wrong than racism?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 13 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #2

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

My suggestion is a counter-run against a group trying to sabotage publication of the 2065 version of Mein Kampf.

~J

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 13 2006, 01:55 AM
Post #3

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Group: Banned
From: Pissing on pedestrians from my electronic ivory tower.
Member No.: 7,473

Unfortunately, there hasn't been much in reference to modern-day treatises which Humanis can point to as ideological inspiration (Which is sad since the 20th century had so many great works including Mein Kampf, the little red book, the little green book, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (eh...), etc.).

Personally, I'd think that a mass distribution of The Turner Diaries or some Humanis equivalent shortly preceding the Crash 2.0 would be a pretty disturbing thought to a lot of people. Come to think of it... The Alamos 20K Senator did lead the first (doomed) attack in the NR coup. Yeah, if I was a meta I'd either be happy he failed, or scared to death that they weren't alone.

But I actually like Kage's idea a lot since it tickles me in my naughty areas.

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post May 13 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

You're reading Mien Kampf? Man, good luck with that: that book is friggin' boring. You'd think that the mad ramblings of an evil dictator would be more interesting, but you'd definitely be wrong.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 13 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #5

Midnight Toker

Member No.: 6,456

QUOTE (SL James)
the little green book

What does no limit Texas Hold'em have to do with hate groups?

Remember, the Elves are the real enemy but they are using the Orks, Dwarves, and Trolls as their footsoldiers. When the humans have been exterminated they'll turn on the other Metas.

+Quote Post
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 13 2006, 03:41 AM
Post #6

Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
My suggestion is a counter-run against a group trying to sabotage publication of the 2065 version of Mein Kampf.

~J

man that idea was friggin' sweet. Fangirl, i'm not sure about it being boring. I'm 17 and I find the book fascinating. He was brillant, but really stupid-crazy.

+Quote Post
Jaymes
post May 13 2006, 03:47 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 8,545

How about a run involving some sort Opus Dei connection? Might be kind of interesting to run a plot that played on "The Davinci Code". :)

Wikipedia: Opus Dei

+Quote Post
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 13 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #8

Target

"The Davinci Code" + "Mein Kampf" = WTF?
"The Davinci Code" + "Mein Kampf" + "Shadowrun" = Hmmmm.....I smell large campaign.

+Quote Post
Jaymes
post May 13 2006, 03:58 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 8,545

Yah - I should mention that I was just thinking out loud there. :) There is no connection between Davinci Code and Mein Kampf. No hijack of the thread intended. I guess I was mulling over some "secret society" ideas in my mind, because I have always thought of Humanis as a public face with a seedy side, sort of like I see certain churches. ;)

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 13 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #10

Midnight Toker

Actually, there probably is a connection between Mein Kampf and The DaVinci Code. You see, Hitler's girlfriend was an Immortal Elf. Most of the ideas in that book are probably her ideas. Likewise, there is an IE who claims to be DaVinci. Considering that the real DaVinci was busy building fully autonomous robots around this time it may be safe to say that the fake IE DaVenci was the one involved in the Code conspiricy. It all comes back to the IEs. :D

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 13 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #11

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Caroline Spector should burn in hell for making Alachia so... mundane.

But boring? Cripes. I'm surrounded by savages.

And, no, I meant this little green book.

+Quote Post
Witness
post May 13 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,319

"The DaVinci Code" + "Shadowrun" = Shadowrun novel Black Madonna, isn't it? (But let's not revisit those arguments about relative merits)

+Quote Post
Snow_Fox
post May 13 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #13

Prime Runner

Member No.: 1,221

The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam or led by some racist flake like Al Sharpton or even a well meaning flake who is manipulated by evil aids.

You do not want to be racist but is that Ork a part of the group that blew up Toys R Us last week?

That could be even more evil, from a GM point of view. I mean it's easy to hate prejudice but set things up so the players have to question what they are doing, evil evil evil.

QUOTE (headfirst-for-halos @ May 12 2006, 08:46 PM)
( whats more oppresive, and wrong than racism?)

mimes dude, mimes. don't ask. the file is still classified.

+Quote Post
Grinder
post May 13 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #14

Great, I'm a Dragon...

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 5,698

QUOTE (SL James)
Caroline Spector should burn in hell for making Alachia so... mundane.

Irc a lot of other famous/ historical important persons are said to be IE's - but I don't know where I read it...
Anyway, DaVinci being an IE too nearly made me puke.

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 13 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #15

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 09:05 AM)
The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam

You mean the Black Ork Defense Collective? LA,p.40. Or maybe the Ork Nation? MrJLBB, p.44.

+Quote Post
Kremlin KOA
post May 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,650

QUOTE (Snow_Fox)

even worse
Claymore mimes

+Quote Post
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 13 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #17

Target

QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 11:05 PM)

even worse
Claymore mimes

HAHAHAHA....
guerilla mimes should be up their. :D
I have so many new ideas to play with. This is really great. Ava and Hitler as immortal elves, davinci as an IE. Nation of Orkdom. Meta zionists. weeew. Maybe the campaign should be called WW2.5. ( the first 30 hours free!)

+Quote Post
FanGirl
post May 13 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,438

QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 09:05 AM)
The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam

You mean the Black Ork Defense Collective? LA,p.40. Or maybe the Ork Nation? MrJLBB, p.44.

SR4 mentions the "pro-troll and -ork, anti-everybody else Sons of Sauron" (p.50) in its section on racist organizations.

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 14 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #19

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

SOS is a terrorist organization. BODC and ON (and their RL basis- the Nation of Islam) aren't.

+Quote Post
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 16 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #20

Target

man, I've got a rough campaign sketch going on. Once it's finished I will post it on my site. immortal elve hitlers, mein kampf as a magical grimoire, and the return of the third reich. This is my current priority one.

+Quote Post
SL James
post May 16 2006, 02:19 AM
Post #21

Shadowrun Setting Nerd

Oooh. Cool.

+Quote Post
headfirst-for-ha...
post May 16 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #22

Target

hyzmarca gave me the elf idea (except eva and hitler are both immortals)
the magic mein kampf book idea came from a homebrew i've been working on (it involves vampires,NAMBLA, hindu mythology, buddhist principles,reincarnated hitler, fetish nazis, sex toy magic constructs, spell-slinging zombie janis joplin,an avatar of jesus who turns out to be a shemale dominatrix who has the magic abilities of completely grossing everyone out, and a super bukkake blast! -it is near completion and about ready to go on my site! The whole thing is based on short stories i've been writing, and one shot comic strips my friends and I have done. It is really far -out) anyway back on subject this whole campaign will be very cool. Maybe I might even be able to polishe it up pretty good , and get it publishe-----pipedream---------

+Quote Post
Glyph
post May 16 2006, 06:23 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Email it to Master Shake. As soon as they make him the new line developer, it'll be the first new adventure they put out. Just make sure it's d20 compatible.

+Quote Post
hyzmarca
post May 16 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #24

Midnight Toker

QUOTE (SL James)
SOS is a terrorist organization. BODC and ON (and their RL basis- the Nation of Islam) aren't.

I thought the BODC was more closely related to the Black Panther Party for Self Defense than the Nation of Islam.

+Quote Post
PenAgain
post May 16 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #25

Target

Member No.: 3,684

Hrmm. Immortal Elven Hitler?

It takes a special kind of IE to *want* to bring attention to himself in a low-magic age. I would imagine that Hitler may have been in bed with the Enemy, creating extremely foul astral regions (concentration camps) as an attempt to erect an impromptu bridge (like Oscuro/Darke and the Azzies were up to during SR2). Worlds Without End establishes (like it or not) that the IEs had access to some magic even when the mana was low, so that would make such a gamble at least theoretically possible in an obsessively Horror-marked Hitler Elf.

You could even define the IE motivation for killing Dragons during the fifth world as being directed by Hitler... which could mean that the Horror that Hitler is bound to (willingly or not) is Verjigorm: Hunter of Dragons and Destoryer of Thera (well, in the Prosperian EarthDawn timeline anyway).

Rambles ahoy. Just thought I'd throw some possible background out there for your primary villains here. Something you may want to consider if you don't want Hitler and his woman to be IEs (and hence ridiculously powerful) is the possibility of them being Spike Babies. If that's true, then everything I said above is invalidated. However, if they are IEs who were active in WWII, they would most likely have Fourth World back stories that can be (in my experience) really fun for players to dig up over the course of play.

--PenAgain
Insight at the expense of rational thought.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2024 - 10:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.