Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mein kampf
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
headfirst-for-halos
I'm currently reading "mein kampf", and was wondering if this would help with a campaign centered around the humanis policlub. I was thinking of using it as a spoof run . Example: runners have to sabatoge a humanis printing of a new canon of hatred "mein kampf: 2065". Our having this huge jumble of a metahuman reversal in seattle of the events of WW2. You know metas' rounding up humans into concentration camps, panic in the streets, and bug infested ghettos.

Man my thoughts are jumbly-bumbly. wobble.gif

anymore ideas. I plan to introduce some friends to SR, and want it to have a oppresive, gritty feeling( whats more oppresive, and wrong than racism?)
Kagetenshi
My suggestion is a counter-run against a group trying to sabotage publication of the 2065 version of Mein Kampf.

~J
SL James
Unfortunately, there hasn't been much in reference to modern-day treatises which Humanis can point to as ideological inspiration (Which is sad since the 20th century had so many great works including Mein Kampf, the little red book, the little green book, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion (eh...), etc.).

Personally, I'd think that a mass distribution of The Turner Diaries or some Humanis equivalent shortly preceding the Crash 2.0 would be a pretty disturbing thought to a lot of people. Come to think of it... The Alamos 20K Senator did lead the first (doomed) attack in the NR coup. Yeah, if I was a meta I'd either be happy he failed, or scared to death that they weren't alone.

But I actually like Kage's idea a lot since it tickles me in my naughty areas.
FanGirl
You're reading Mien Kampf? Man, good luck with that: that book is friggin' boring. You'd think that the mad ramblings of an evil dictator would be more interesting, but you'd definitely be wrong.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (SL James)
the little green book

What does no limit Texas Hold'em have to do with hate groups?

Remember, the Elves are the real enemy but they are using the Orks, Dwarves, and Trolls as their footsoldiers. When the humans have been exterminated they'll turn on the other Metas.
headfirst-for-halos
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
My suggestion is a counter-run against a group trying to sabotage publication of the 2065 version of Mein Kampf.

~J

man that idea was friggin' sweet. Fangirl, i'm not sure about it being boring. I'm 17 and I find the book fascinating. He was brillant, but really stupid-crazy.
Jaymes
How about a run involving some sort Opus Dei connection? Might be kind of interesting to run a plot that played on "The Davinci Code". smile.gif

Wikipedia: Opus Dei
headfirst-for-halos
"The Davinci Code" + "Mein Kampf" = WTF?
"The Davinci Code" + "Mein Kampf" + "Shadowrun" = Hmmmm.....I smell large campaign.
Jaymes
Yah - I should mention that I was just thinking out loud there. smile.gif There is no connection between Davinci Code and Mein Kampf. No hijack of the thread intended. I guess I was mulling over some "secret society" ideas in my mind, because I have always thought of Humanis as a public face with a seedy side, sort of like I see certain churches. wink.gif
hyzmarca
Actually, there probably is a connection between Mein Kampf and The DaVinci Code. You see, Hitler's girlfriend was an Immortal Elf. Most of the ideas in that book are probably her ideas. Likewise, there is an IE who claims to be DaVinci. Considering that the real DaVinci was busy building fully autonomous robots around this time it may be safe to say that the fake IE DaVenci was the one involved in the Code conspiricy. It all comes back to the IEs. biggrin.gif
SL James
Caroline Spector should burn in hell for making Alachia so... mundane.

But boring? Cripes. I'm surrounded by savages.

And, no, I meant this little green book.
Witness
"The DaVinci Code" + "Shadowrun" = Shadowrun novel Black Madonna, isn't it? (But let's not revisit those arguments about relative merits)
Snow_Fox
The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam or led by some racist flake like Al Sharpton or even a well meaning flake who is manipulated by evil aids.

You do not want to be racist but is that Ork a part of the group that blew up Toys R Us last week?

That could be even more evil, from a GM point of view. I mean it's easy to hate prejudice but set things up so the players have to question what they are doing, evil evil evil.

QUOTE (headfirst-for-halos @ May 12 2006, 08:46 PM)
( whats more oppresive, and wrong than racism?)

mimes dude, mimes. don't ask. the file is still classified.
Grinder
QUOTE (SL James)
Caroline Spector should burn in hell for making Alachia so... mundane.

Irc a lot of other famous/ historical important persons are said to be IE's - but I don't know where I read it...
Anyway, DaVinci being an IE too nearly made me puke.
SL James
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 09:05 AM)
The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam

You mean the Black Ork Defense Collective? LA,p.40. Or maybe the Ork Nation? MrJLBB, p.44.
Kremlin KOA
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)

even worse
Claymore mimes
headfirst-for-halos
QUOTE (Kremlin KOA)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 11:05 PM)

even worse
Claymore mimes

HAHAHAHA....
guerilla mimes should be up their. biggrin.gif
I have so many new ideas to play with. This is really great. Ava and Hitler as immortal elves, davinci as an IE. Nation of Orkdom. Meta zionists. weeew. Maybe the campaign should be called WW2.5. ( the first 30 hours free!)
FanGirl
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ May 13 2006, 09:05 AM)
The other way to go is have a violent minority. Imagine an Ork version of Nation of Islam

You mean the Black Ork Defense Collective? LA,p.40. Or maybe the Ork Nation? MrJLBB, p.44.

SR4 mentions the "pro-troll and -ork, anti-everybody else Sons of Sauron" (p.50) in its section on racist organizations.
SL James
SOS is a terrorist organization. BODC and ON (and their RL basis- the Nation of Islam) aren't.
headfirst-for-halos
man, I've got a rough campaign sketch going on. Once it's finished I will post it on my site. immortal elve hitlers, mein kampf as a magical grimoire, and the return of the third reich. This is my current priority one.
SL James
Oooh. Cool.
headfirst-for-halos
hyzmarca gave me the elf idea (except eva and hitler are both immortals)
the magic mein kampf book idea came from a homebrew i've been working on (it involves vampires,NAMBLA, hindu mythology, buddhist principles,reincarnated hitler, fetish nazis, sex toy magic constructs, spell-slinging zombie janis joplin,an avatar of jesus who turns out to be a shemale dominatrix who has the magic abilities of completely grossing everyone out, and a super bukkake blast! -it is near completion and about ready to go on my site! The whole thing is based on short stories i've been writing, and one shot comic strips my friends and I have done. It is really far -out) anyway back on subject this whole campaign will be very cool. Maybe I might even be able to polishe it up pretty good , and get it publishe-----pipedream---------
Glyph
Email it to Master Shake. As soon as they make him the new line developer, it'll be the first new adventure they put out. Just make sure it's d20 compatible.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (SL James)
SOS is a terrorist organization. BODC and ON (and their RL basis- the Nation of Islam) aren't.

I thought the BODC was more closely related to the Black Panther Party for Self Defense than the Nation of Islam.
PenAgain
Hrmm. Immortal Elven Hitler?

It takes a special kind of IE to *want* to bring attention to himself in a low-magic age. I would imagine that Hitler may have been in bed with the Enemy, creating extremely foul astral regions (concentration camps) as an attempt to erect an impromptu bridge (like Oscuro/Darke and the Azzies were up to during SR2). Worlds Without End establishes (like it or not) that the IEs had access to some magic even when the mana was low, so that would make such a gamble at least theoretically possible in an obsessively Horror-marked Hitler Elf.

You could even define the IE motivation for killing Dragons during the fifth world as being directed by Hitler... which could mean that the Horror that Hitler is bound to (willingly or not) is Verjigorm: Hunter of Dragons and Destoryer of Thera (well, in the Prosperian EarthDawn timeline anyway).

Rambles ahoy. Just thought I'd throw some possible background out there for your primary villains here. Something you may want to consider if you don't want Hitler and his woman to be IEs (and hence ridiculously powerful) is the possibility of them being Spike Babies. If that's true, then everything I said above is invalidated. However, if they are IEs who were active in WWII, they would most likely have Fourth World back stories that can be (in my experience) really fun for players to dig up over the course of play.

--PenAgain
Insight at the expense of rational thought.
hyzmarca
I don't know about old Adolph but it is canon that Alachia was Eva Braun-Hitler. She was also at least one Queen Elizibeth, possibly both.

She certainly has some issues and megalomania is among them. Not being about to reliably judge the soundness of her ideas is another. Certainly, annoyone with sense could have seen how stupid a wooden kaer is. Likewise, anyone with sense could see how stupid a military invasion of Russia was.
Kanada Ten
Yeah, she's a few wooden screws loose, lost most her marbles over the years, and ahe isn't even playing with the same deck much less a full one.
PenAgain
You overlook a very grim possibility regarding Alachia's belief in the Wooden Kaer: I don't think it was mental instability so much as it was cold-hearted calculation.

How do we know that she didn't get exactly what she wanted? The defiling of Wyrm Wood was extremely detrimental to the only real enemy Alachia ever had in the Fourth World... Alamais (dear old Dad...). All she had to do was sacrifice a large percentage of her citizenry (who she had no love for anyway) and take up a nasty blemish that (her memory likely told her) would fade away as the magic level fell. The thorn curse was an inconvenience for her-- nothing more. Oh, and an excuse to be bitchy. It helped her more clearly delineate the difference between her first and second reign over the Wood also.

It didn't even interfere with her psychotically-magically enhanced personal beauty.

--PenAgain
Big props for Alachia (who, yes, could be Eva-- which is why I like to linger on Adolph-possibilities instead)
SL James
QUOTE (PenAgain @ May 16 2006, 08:13 AM)
How do we know that she didn't get exactly what she wanted? The defiling of Wyrm Wood was extremely detrimental to the only real enemy Alachia ever had in the Fourth World... Alamais (dear old Dad...). All she had to do was sacrifice a large percentage of her citizenry (who she had no love for anyway) and take up a nasty blemish that (her memory likely told her) would fade away as the magic level fell. The thorn curse was an inconvenience for her-- nothing more. Oh, and an excuse to be bitchy. It helped her more clearly delineate the difference between her first and second reign over the Wood also.

Sexy.
headfirst-for-halos
uggh...idea overload. I never thought of using concentration camps as astral spots. I think I am going to have to rework some stuff to include some of the new ideas. If I get it right this will be an excellent introduction to shadowrun for my friends. Maybe throw in a dash of all of this having to do with Dunkhelzahns will! Ok then that would get to weird. Random thought if I reworked it to include dragons a weird title would be " Her der ve Draguns" lol. Wonder if their would be astral signatures still visible from the concentration camps. Does anyone in 2065 still know about WW2? anyway bell rang. Back to class.
FanGirl
I ran "Here there be Dragons" into a translator program and got "Hier gibt es Drachen." I have no idea whether that's correct, but meh.
PenAgain
Not yet having Shadows of Europe (or a decent familarity with the German sourcebook material) I am no help on the matter of if or if not the astral pollution from the C. Camps would still stand. I would imagine that it would, however. It was a World War, and one that had some dramatic effects on the shape of human destiny for a good long while.

My guess would be that the astral corruption will have diminished, but would serve as an excellent foundation for starting over (especially in light of all of the failed bridge-building attempts by those on this side of the Atlantic pond). Perhaps by hiring runners to accumulate toxic or corrupt artifacts and stockpiling them at the site of a Camp, stirring up the Astral dust, so to speak.

Bah. Europe. My least successful SR games always end up in Europe. I'm a Seattle-ite.

Could Immortal Elf Hitler have been placed in the US Government during the early US' Amerindian relocations and reservation movements? One of SR's generally overlooked themes is its strong Amerindian influence... and it would be cool to tie them into all of this (and helping you to connect your game across continents, if you feel so inclined.)

Rambles! One thing to remember in an Immortal Adolph campaign- as an IE, he is a global-class schemer... the more complex his plot, the more Immortal he'll come across as. Yeah, I know, immortal is an absolute adjective, but hopefully I'm making some shape of sense here.

--PenAgain
The ubbergeek
The death camps have a rather high negative background and one was sealed by a band of catholic monks, I think (with jewish mystics?).
SL James
Catholic priests. The Sylvestrines. It's a town called Oświęcim, and it wasn't sealed. They simply erected a Force 8 Spirit Barrier around the area to keep ghosts and spirits from haunting nearby communities. The town of Oświęcim has a background count of 3, BTW.

And, yes, ever since the Grimoire certain concentration camps (WW2 and Indian "re-education" camps) have had permanent and high background counts. Auschwitz is specifically mentioned in MitS as having a permanent Background Count of 5 along with "Re-Education Centers" (which is saying something of how bad they were that they're listed along with Auschwitz and Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Shattergraves, for example, is only 4).

Simply put, Auschwitz is in SR one of (if not) the most magically fucked-up places in the world. It has a permanent background of 5. It contains thousands of pissed-off spirits and ghosts, and there are astral constructs of some of buildings razed by the Nazis as they fled ahead of the Soviet advance.
headfirst-for-halos
My head hurts from all this SR goodness. I was thinking about IE hitler being detained due to the Amerind relo. Starting his plots up again (this time aimed at the less beautiful metas) Maybe he could have been responsible for the night of rage incidents, starting the humanis policlub, and subsequently starting to use the U.S Japanese determent camps as startup concentration camps for Orks and Trolls. For fun all of this should be corporate funded, due to meta humans needing to be whittled down for projection data purposes. And now his plans threaten to start a new genocidal war based in Seattle. My hands are in all the pies, and they taste delish.
The ubbergeek
Make me wonder... In Shadows of Asia, does it say something about the goulags (russians and chineses) in a similar way? The killing fields of Cambodgia?
headfirst-for-halos
downloading the ancient files book with IE mentioned.
Wish me luck (I'm on dail-up, but I have firefox smile.gif)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012