post Jun 1 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,374

Week 1
Monday.

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:39

The Firewatch team has been in the hopstial for about 14 hours now. the past 7 of which has been in the mourge, waiting for the Autopsy to be complete. They had been fighting ghoals for days, and this is the secound chummer they have lost. Gabriel, Blades and Ace were woken up by the Mortintion. The autopsy was complete, and they could collet their fallen teammate now, if they would be so kind as to sign for the body. With that the short, shrew faced man is gone.

The entire team, what remained of it, was almost dead on its feet, they had had a pichted battle, making a hasty retreat in Blades' chopper, and flown straight to the hosptile, where they were given clearence to land due to the critial condition of their dead teammate. He shouldn't have died, all the doctors agreed on that. Thats why there was the exhaustive autopsy.

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:38
Drifter had been on edge for days. And he was exhausted, even with his sleep regulator. he pushed his body too far. He had finally settled down to sleep in a hollow in the bushes outside Seattle General Hospital. He knew it was a safe place, he had slept their many times before. To his astomishment, Drifter discovered that he had slept for a full 6 hours, unheard of! Drifter struggles through his sleep, trying to remember what woke him up... a noise... a car crash!

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:40
Lucky woke up in a white room. His whole body was sore. He struggled through his memory... he had been making a delivery... but the roads where even worse then normal... truely horrific conditions. Reffugees all over the place... someone had shammbled out infront of him in the road...lucky severed to avoid..... and now he was here... judging from the look a things a hopstal... But it was frightfull quite, and empty...

Archangel was fast asleep when the sound of a car crash woke him. He was sleeping in a cell in a small church with a great downtown location. It was right next to the hopstial, and was often frequented by families of patients. This church was friendly to Archeangel and had gladly offered him shelter after he just suvived the last mission by the skin of his teeth....

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:35
Ryan was returning from a hellish day. He had been picking off ghoals all night, a silent support to the Knight Errent teams. Finally a pack of them found him and he had to hitail it outta that neigbhourhood. He might not have made it if he didn't come acoss a car "parked" in the middle of the road, keys still in it and doors open. Taking it as a miracle, he jumped in and gunned the engine. He was burnt, and had little idea what was going on, but the traffic seemed hellish.
His target coloney had been living in the basment of a building waiting for demolition (in downtown seattle of all places!). Not really seeing what was happening, he was dimly aware of passing the general hopsital when a care swerved right into the back of his "borrowed" vehical.

Stasia had been in the hospital for a week. Not the Seattle General, but rather a street's docs that ran out of the basement in a building next door. She had taken a bad hit, but it seemed fully healed now, just as the street doc said it would be. She streaches and packs up her gear, just in time to see car heading madlytowards the hosptial. a man in driving, and a woman is in the passanger seat, looking like hell warmed over. Stasia sees the womans eyes open suddeny, and then the woman floop ontop on the driver, and a splash of blood hits the windsheild. The car swerves madly and runs right into another car...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post Jun 1 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

Lucky sits up and looks around trying to find his bearings. He hopes that the cobwebs in his head clear soon. What happened? Last thing I remember, I was making this run and then this guy just walks out in front of me. What's up with that? Alright, let's find our what hospital we're in.

+Quote Post
Divine Virus
post Jun 1 2006, 05:54 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Alex
There is no one else in the room, nor is there much noise comeing from the rest of the hospital. On a small table beside the bed is a clock and a box containing all his personal effects. everything is there. At the foot of his bed is a clipboard with a peice of electronic paper attached. It gives a chart, and several pictures on the accident. By all right it should have killed Lucky, and all he has is a bad bruise on most of his body. On the top of the electronic paper SEATTLE GENERAL is printed.

+Quote Post
Kiedo
post Jun 1 2006, 06:44 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,907

"Huh, you don't see that everyday," Stasia says to herself in russian. All the more reason to watch your hoop tonight. She walked to were he bike was parked, checked to make sure it was still intact, and smiled finding everything nominal.

There was a locking storage compartment under the seat in which she carried the pair of Hammerli's she owned along with the concealable holsters, she picked these up and put them on. In her dufflebag, she had her Alpha, a handful of clips for both the rifle and the attached grenade launcher (currently it was loaded with EXEX, and HE grenades), that sweet chameleon suit she had, and other assorted gear.

She was wearing a black skirt, a pink t-shirt that said "I'm hate red socks" and her lined coat. her hair was cut short, and she had many piercings on her ears. The bike started up with a high pitched rumble and she drove slowly out onto the street. She pointed the bike in the direction of her home, and set off driving to it.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 1 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 8,445

Seattle General Hosptile, downtown Seattle. 10:35

Ryan's head snaps back into the headrest as his "New" car is hit from the rear. As he regains his senses, he sees another car stopping right infront of him. "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!", was the only thing going through his mind as he wrenched the wheel hard to the right.
Luck must have been smiling at him this day, because he barely managed to miss the car infront of him, but luck wasnt smiling for that reason. Just as he passed by, his front right tire hit a pothole in the road and caused his car to spin. Onlookers couldnt tell which was louder, the skreeching tires, the onsetting crash or Ryan yelling out at the top of his lungs, "F#@*$".
Probably the only thing luck had going for him was the fact that once it was all over, he hadn't hit any innocent people during his crash. He looked at the front end of the car and saw a lightpole sticking half a meter into the engine compartment and knew this baby wasnt going anywhere other than the junk heap.
After checking himself and his biomonitor over for injuries, Ryan got out of the car, grabbed his backpack and started running down an alley near the hospital. "Shit, this sucks!", was the only thing he said in mourning to the now dead car.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jun 1 2006, 09:22 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

Ace was meticulously dragging a comb through his hair, when the mortician scurried up to him and stuck a clipboard under his face. Ace slowly and quietly scratched his name into it, and then stood up. He lit up a cigarette, and took a drag.

"Real great fucking day. Johnny gets his arm bitten open, which he somehow dies from. We landed with five guys, and now we're taking off with three. And of course, Mayor Fuckface decides to cancel his contract. Whatever. I'm done with this fucking city.", he says tiredly. When Johnny's body is wheeled out, Ace lets out a short laugh, then shakes his head. He takes a final drag of his cigarette, then flicked it across the room.

"Well... I think we'd better head back up to the 'copter now. Relocate ourselves to anywhere but here.", he says, retrieving his gas mask and helmet, and slipping them on.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Kiedo
post Jun 1 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Stasia was just about the ease the clutch out and get the bike on the road when a car got sandwhiched between another car and a light pole. She quickly squeezed the clutch before the bike got moving, but neglected to release the throttle, sending the motor deep into the redline. It bounced of the rev limiter a few times before she let go, sending it back down to idle.

"Opps," she said with her thick russian accent,"still haven't gotten back all my facalties yet."

She watches as the driver of the car, gets out, grabs his stuff and starts running right toward her.

"Ryan," she calls out confused to see a familiar face, "is that you?"

Ryan whirls on his feet like someone shot at him and smiled seeing Stasia sitting on the bike.

"Where ya headed big boy," she says in the mock flirtatious voice she frequently used when talking to male friends who were just that.

"Anywhere but right here," Ryan replied.

"Well take this and hop on," she removes the dufflebag from around her shoulder and hands it to him. She had thought about just sliding it around across her lap but she didn't want to take any chances. In the past five minutes she'd witnessed two major accidents.

Ryan puts the bag over his shoulder, on top of his own, and climbs on the back of the bike.

"Remember darling, lean with me," she says clicking the bike back into first and once again taking off.

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 1 2006, 10:29 AM
Post #8

Runner

Ryan lets out a sigh as they start off. "I know, I know. Just cause I fell off two weeks ago is no reason to rub it in. Just dont trash this bike like I did to that car back there." The accent in his voice practicly screams "I'm from Tir Tairngire".

Stasia lets out a laugh as she starts to head down the road. "Ryan, you are lucky we were going slow around that turn. I'm happy you didnt make me drop my bike."

Ryan lets out a weak laugh and then blushes a little bit in embarassment. Yeah, I'm happy I didnt drop her bike too. The fall would have been nothing compared to her... "Anyways, I havent eaten all day. Could we stop at a Stuffer or something to get some food?", he replied trying to change the subject.

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Jun 1 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #9

Running Target

Member No.: 7,975

Blades entered the morgue once he got message that the docs were finished with the autopsy. He'd spend a good part of the early morning, tinkering with some electronics connecting the chopper's body to the rear rotor. Some dumb bird got itself stuck in the intake, and the timing of the stabilizer is off...

Man, this mission really went south.. first they lost two shock troopers soon after they landed... Then Doug went and got friend on some down electrical lines... Then Ace radios up that Johnny bought the farm in the end... That wound shouldn'ta killed the chummer, the docs shoulda been able to clean up the wound and Johnny woulda had himself a nice cyberarm... but not today. Man how am I going to break the news to Sarah!?

He comes into the room wiping his hands on the black urban explorer jumpsuit he's wearing as he thinks of how to present his chummer's death to the now widowed Sarah.

"Well, let's get Echo packed up and on the chopper guys, I rather not contend with noon our air traffic... "

+Quote Post
Kiedo
post Jun 1 2006, 11:11 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

"I want to get a shower, and I just went grocery shopping, before the accident, so you can grab something at my place," she says in sperthiel, with a heavily muddled accent.

She takes it easy, going very shallow through most turns on the way to her place, which didn't happen to be that far from the hospital. Not compared to say, Everette anyway.

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 1 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #11

Runner

"Turning away from free food and a good friend is against my code.", Ryan replies with a big smile. "You seem to be getting Sperthiel down, but your accent still glares though. You still have a one up on me though, I can't seem to speak Russian to save my life.", he continued and then laughed a bit.

As they ride on towards Stasia's appartment complex, he turns his commlink back to normal mode. A window pops up in his AR showing a map of his current location. Looks like her place is a pretty long way off from here. Worth the ride though.", he thought as he held onto Stasia's waist.

+Quote Post
Divine Virus
post Jun 1 2006, 01:28 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Ryan and Stasia

Just as the Seattle General vanishes in the rear-veiw mirror, tires screach, again, and trafic, already hellish, comes to a complete standstill. Profanities fill the air, and the situation only looks worse up ahead.

Firewatch Team
Johnny is wheeled out placed before the three of you. the mortician folds back the cloth and all three of you take a collective gasp. Johnny looks like shit. You've all seen plenty of dead people, but this corpse looks far worse then usual. His body is marked with autopsy scars, his flesh is pallid and limp, and his eyes are slightly shrivled, and starting right up at you.
"I'm terribly sorry," the mortician stutters, "I could have sworn that I had closed them..." reaching out, he pushes Johnny's eyes closed. You watch him make an appologetic exit. You turn back to Jonnhy's body, and the eyes are open again.

+Quote Post
Rokur
post Jun 1 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 603

G:On My Way
Gabriel opens up the large smuggling compartment concealed in his obvious cyber lower right leg. He snatches the contents, putting a wooden Cross on his fallen teammate's chest, and beginning to open the Bible looking for a passage that will help guide his fallen comrade to the heavens. Perhaps his spirit must be put at ease and cleansed of sin

+Quote Post
GingerKid
post Jun 1 2006, 02:21 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,084

After hearing the crash, Michael walks to the front door. He get's there just in time to see a man and woman on a bike ride off down the street away from a totaled car. Huh, must've been stolen.

From behind him he here's, "How long will you be with us Archangel."

"Not long father."

Archangel puts in a call to Cardinal Alba. "Mission accoplished. I'm ready to return, but I realy need a vacation."

"Good work Michael. Air transportation will pick you up at the following coordinates South of Seattle, 3 days from now at midnight. Try to take the time to relax a little. We will have need of you're expertise when you return to Rome."

Great! I get to vacation in this hell on Earth.

Turning back to the Priest Archangel says, "Looks like I'll be with you for a few more days. I'm heading out for food." Archangel returns to his cell, opens his duffle, and removes a couple items for the walk. The rest, he stores in a hidden compartment in the floor.

Just outside the church he pauses a moment to soak in the sun. Then Archangel opens up a window in his comlink to find the nearest Stuffershack and starts walking down the street.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 1 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #15

Dragon

Member No.: 6,260

Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:38:30

Drifter shook himself awake, the sleep regulator helping clear the cobwebs from his mind quickly and efficiently. Patting himself down quickly, he makes sure all his stuff is stashed appropriately in the various pockets and pouches his outfit consists of. He also double checks the backpack he uses as a pillow that carries all his worldly posessions. Finally, he checks the modified telescope case that carries his shotgun. Satisfied everything is where it should be, he shoulders his gear and heads out.

The chaos of the last few days had urged him to lay in some extra supplies, and now he was glad he had. It meant he didn't have to go grab food, he could just eat when and where he pleased. He had some extra bottles of water and ration bars, so he plopped down on a bench in the park and munched a ration bar. After he finished, he washed it down with a gulp of water from his bottle and thought about what to do next.

Remembering what had woke him up in the first place, he decided to wander over to the car accident. Since they were right in front of a hospital, there was no doubt the people had already been taken care of, but sometimes there was an interesting show going on at the accident scene. Besides, it wasn't like he had anything better to do. That settled, he started walking over to the accident scene and began looking around.

+Quote Post
Divine Virus
post Jun 1 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

Ryan
As soon as you call up a Seattle map, a icon comes up, declairing an urgent news bullition.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Konsaki
post Jun 1 2006, 10:26 PM
Post #17

Runner

As the bike comes to a halt in the road, Ryan reads the alert that came up in his AR. What the hell? "Stasia, check this out. Seems we now know why the traffic is gone to shit...", he says with a confused sound to his voice.

Looking around the area, he doesnt see anyway though the traffic. People have started to get out of thier cars cause they have been at a standstill for so long. Seeing this, Ryan does a search of alternate routes to Stasia's place compared to areas where traffic problems and mobs have been reported.

As the search comes back and he does a quick scan, Ryan can be heard saying, "Looks like we wont be getting to your place anytime soon by street. There are mobs and traffic jams all over downtown Seattle."

+Quote Post
Rokur
post Jun 1 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 603

Gabriel crouches and kneels down a bit out of the way. His cybered limbs and his innate reflexes quickly move his body to react to sudden danger. The evil beast stirs from within!!!! Armageddon is now!!!! His outer expression almost void of life, as his essence is mostly machine now. His pistol slides easily out of the holster oh his hip, and he fires at this creature of the dark. "Taking the shot, Alpha, Don't move"
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Kiedo
post Jun 1 2006, 11:53 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

"Well drek," she says in russian, not bothering to translate it to a language Ryan can understand. Sometimes it didn't need to be. She looks around for an alleyway, hoping she can take a shortcut and get to at least moving traffic.

Reading the news flash Ryan had forwarded her she gets a chill down her spine, this is just what I need, oh well, like anything normal ever happens to you anyway.

"Well my apartment isn't too far from here, maybe fifteen blocks north and ten west, I'm not too happy about having to leave my bike, but if need be, I guess we can ditch it, if there are riots in the city then a crotch rocket probably isn't the safest vehicle to be on anyway, especially with traffic like it is."

+Quote Post
Fresno Bob
post Jun 2 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,252

"Fuck on a trike!", Ace shouts as something hits him. He tries twisting in the air, but the surprise was too fast for his extensive training to compensate. Before he knew it, he was on the floor.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 2 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #21

Dragon

Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:19

Whoa, that lady must be seriously drugged up not to feel that. It's not normal for someone not to react in pain after that kind of damage. Well, either she's crazy, cybered to the gills, or on something. Either way, I don't want to get too close to her. Just in case.

Maintaining a safe distance from the woman, maybe a good 15 to 20 meters from the car, Drifter calls out, "Hey lady! Are you ok?"

He immediately realizes what a stupid question it sounds like, except for the fact that her lack of response to the pain might mean she really doesn't know if she's ok or not. Besides, it never hurts to ask, right?

+Quote Post
Dranem
post Jun 2 2006, 03:25 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Member No.: 7,975

Blades walks behind the group, being short, he often finds himself 'catching up' with the taller men of his team.

Gabe wants to say a few prayers before they move on - to give the spirit peace or some such bulldrek. Blades has never been an overly spiritual person, figures God or whatever higher power must have some sick sense of humour to subject meta-humanity and magic on the world... Whoever's up there can't be a dwarf, cause they have no sense of organization!

He only pays half attention to the 'eyes are open' deal, he's kinda lost in getting the chopper ready for takeoff... a good deal of the startup procedure can be done remotely.

Suddenly Johnny moves! Gabe is yelling, instead of his other spiritual 'things' he draws his gun before Blades can make a grab his own riffle straped to his back... Ace is yelling as the re-animated body of their teammate pounces on his back. Blades forgets the check list and pulls his weapon to ready...

+Quote Post
Divine Virus
post Jun 2 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Ryan and Stasia
You dismount from the bike and start wading between the cars and honking horns. It quickly becomes appearent that most people are moving in the opposite direct, at a great hurry, and soon you are fighting your way through a crowd of people, most of them at least semi-paniced....

Firewatch Team
Gabriel's shots catch Johny right in the chest, and he is ealy ripped in two the explosion and his body parts are tosses a few feet away. the shoulders, neck and head , and arms flop some, before beginning to drag itself towards the new closest target... the mortician.

Drifter
The lady gives a shuddering jerk around to face drifter, and her bloody mouth opens in a soundless hiss. She drags herself off the hood and rights herself on her feet, before begining a slow shamble towards Drifter.

+Quote Post
WinterRat1
post Jun 2 2006, 03:59 AM
Post #24

Dragon

Week 1 - Monday
Seattle General Hospital, Downtown Seattle. 10:42:41

This is not normal. This could rapidly become not good. Let's keep calm and assess.

Backing away from the woman quickly to keep distance between them, Drifter quickly looks around to evaluate the terrain, and more importantly, to see if their were any more...ghouls(?) in the area. The last thing he needed was to get jumped from behind.

Speaking to the lady again, he said in a warning tone of voice, "The hospital's over there lady. You need help, you go to them. Keep away from me, or I won't be responsible for what might happen!"

+Quote Post
ludomastro
post Jun 2 2006, 04:02 AM
Post #25

Runner

Member No.: 8,297

Lucky gets dressed in his own clothes. I'm in one piece. Not sure how, but then again my guardian angles always seem to be working overtime. I need to call, Bob, and let him know that I am alive. Then I need to call the insurance company. And, I'll probably have to sign out over doctor objections, but I gotta check on some stuff.

With that he heads for the door and looks for a nurse with whom he can talk.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.