Reply to this topicStart new topic
> License Please?, What does it take.
Nasrudith
post Jun 7 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,447

Here's something odd. A fake SIN cannot obtain a legal license. (Yes techincally anything done using an illegal SIN is illegal. ) They have to buy one instead. Why is that? Does getting the licenese require extensive legal searching to see if the SIN is legit?

Also what does a say a SINner have to go through to get a legitimate license. How long would it take for say someone who found out they were awakened to get a spellcasting license?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Jun 7 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #2

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

probably a matrix-call to the local lone star office, a background check and maybe a visit by the resident mage, astraly, if it have anything to do with magic.

unless there is some waiting period for the item in question (i find that unlikely at that would affect the big guys ability to sell stuff) you should be issued a licence more or less on the spot i would guess.

+Quote Post
booklord
post Jun 7 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,583

I charge players for licenses if the have a valid SIN. The corps barely pay any taxes any more, so the governments got to make money where they can.

Even today most places in the US make you pay a fee if you want to buy or own a firearm, boat, car, cable TV, the list goes on.

+Quote Post
Edward
post Jun 7 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 6,587

So what do you charge for legal licenses. They don’t have a rating so rating *500 nuyen doesn’t make sense.

It would even get to the point where you might need to pay a license fee, a compulsory training course, a required medical exam, an ethical assessment (that your shore most cops should fail) and several expensive bribes before they will give you a license for city master with additional turrets.

Edward

+Quote Post
booklord
post Jun 7 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Make something up based on the item. 100 :nuyen: for a simple concealable hold-out pistol license to 400:nuyen: for an assault rifle. Maybe 500 :nuyen: for commercial explosives. Instead of the 100 - 600 :nuyen: based off the effectiveness of fake base it off what the license actually covers.

+Quote Post
Cang
post Jun 16 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,077

Here is a list of licences in washington, how to get them, and prices. This should give you a rough idea. licences

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jun 16 2006, 01:42 PM
Post #7

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

QUOTE (Nasrudith)
Also what does a say a SINner have to go through to get a legitimate license. How long would it take for say someone who found out they were awakened to get a spellcasting license?

I'd just have it be considered part of the lifestyle cost for anything legal and unrestricted.

+Quote Post
Shadowmeet
post Jun 16 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,909

I agree with Dire. Those licenses, plus any for employment, maybe a firearm or concealed carry, would probably be included in lifestyle cost for a SINner

+Quote Post
neon_samurai
post Jun 16 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 8,630

The real question is, "Do you want a gun, that might be used in a crime, licensed to your legal SIN?"

>>NEON SAMURAI strikes again..........<<

+Quote Post
booklord
post Jun 16 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

The real question is, "Do you want a gun, that might be used in a crime, licensed to your legal SIN?"

>>NEON SAMURAI strikes again..........<<

No but I could always try to use my fake SIN to apply legally for a license.

Actually that brings up something that bugs me. If your SIN fails and is flagged as fake, all your licenses become worthless. But what happens if your license is proven to be fake?

I see either 2 possibilities. ( random chance of each )
1) The SIN is proven to be fake at the same time. Possible since any failed license could result in a more thorough SIN check.
2) The fake SIN now has a criminal complaint against it for possession of a fake license.

Either way getting caught with a fake license is bad for your fake SIN.

+Quote Post
Geekkake
post Jun 16 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,372

QUOTE (booklord)
No but I could always try to use my fake SIN to apply legally for a license.

Actually that brings up something that bugs me. If your SIN fails and is flagged as fake, all your licenses become worthless. But what happens if your license is proven to be fake?

I see either 2 possibilities. ( random chance of each )
1) The SIN is proven to be fake at the same time. Possible since any failed license could result in a more thorough SIN check.
2) The fake SIN now has a criminal complaint against it for possession of a fake license.

Either way getting caught with a fake license is bad for your fake SIN.

I'd say it's the latter option. However, if a warrant is served on that fake SIN, it may cause further investigation, which may compromise the SIN itself. Nevertheless, you'll want to jettison the damned thing anyway, and get a new one.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.